Duke4.net Forums: DNF 90% Complete Goalposts Shift to 2002 Build - Duke4.net Forums

• 57 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DNF 90% Complete Goalposts Shift to 2002 Build  "3DR wants to release it, but it's up to Gearbox"

hiczok, on 09 September 2018 - 01:03 AM, said:

Why would I care about other people?

You wouldn't, because the misplaced rage would not be directed at you. Randy, on the other hand, has every reason to care.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Altered Reality, on 08 September 2018 - 05:09 PM, said:

- Randy releases DNF 2001
- DNF 2001 is revealed NOT to be the best game ever, but people don't accept that
- People convince themselves that what was released was not the REAL DNF 2001... because DNF 2001 is the best game ever, and what was released isn't, so it clearly cannot be the true game
- People accuse Randy of purposefully releasing shit and holding onto the good stuff

Seems pretty straight forward to me.

Who gives a shit what idiots think? What a retarded fucking train of logic. You are seriously one of the dumbest posters on this forum. And I post here! Randy does things that pisses off morons all the time, just read his Twitter feed.

This post has been edited by Jimmy 4k: 11 September 2018 - 05:15 PM

Altered Reality, on 08 September 2018 - 05:09 PM, said:

- DNF 2001 is revealed NOT to be the best game ever...

DNF 2001 is not the best game ever.

Jimmy 4k, on 08 September 2018 - 11:38 AM, said:

You're a gaywad but you're my favourite gaywad.

I work hard for your honey.

knopparp, on 03 September 2018 - 02:58 PM, said:

NO YOU CAN'T HAVE BECAUSE REASONS.
Horse shit.

Sounds good. You personally take 100% of the liability of the various never concluded software agreements. And that's the easy part.

Jimmy 4k, on 11 September 2018 - 05:14 PM, said:

Who gives a shit what idiots think?

Everyone who wants to protect himself from them?

What a retarded fucking train of logic.

Yep, it is. Very much. But you should know by now that not everyone uses logic, otherwise terrorists, antivaxxers and creationists would not exist.

You are seriously one of the dumbest posters on this forum.

Just because I prepare for the worst and warn others about it? That's called good presence of mind.

This post has been edited by Altered Reality: 12 September 2018 - 07:35 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

JumpJuneJump, on 11 September 2018 - 10:12 PM, said:

Holy shit I love Donna Summer.

Bump

User is offline   knopparp 

PEOPLE STILL BUMP??? That's such a 2001 thing to do. Much like it'd be such a 2001 thing to release a great iteration of a game.

User is offline   justLMAO 

Rewatched the 2001 trailer. :rolleyes: Maybe they'll release it in December as a Christmas present to the Duke fans. Just put it on a filehost with a note saying it's an unfinished build and just for the Duke buffs.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by justLMAO: 21 September 2018 - 06:55 AM

User is offline   Kennerado 

• Honored Donor

when it's done, in 2021.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Altered Reality, on 12 September 2018 - 04:27 AM, said:

Just because I prepare for the worst and warn others about it? That's called good presence of mind.

In the history of Duke Nukem, post 96, there are two types of people - pessimists, and fools.

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 22 September 2018 - 04:34 AM

User is offline   SonicWind 

I would honestly really enjoy it if I were able to get my hands on this version of the game. Not much of a Duke Nukem guy, but the 2001 build looks fun.

October Bump

mrDUKE!zone, on 15 October 2018 - 07:18 PM, said:

October Bump

Why??

icecoldduke, on 15 October 2018 - 07:19 PM, said:

Why??

Because some people have faith[1]

[1] The difference between faith and delusion is the spelling.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

User is offline   hiczok 

So is it agreed upon that Fred was "lying" about content of betas and 4chan leaks were fake ?
Even if I could noclip around in a 2001 trailer scenes, would be somewhat of a childhood completion goal for me :rolleyes:

User is offline   Hank 

hiczok, on 18 October 2018 - 03:06 PM, said:

So is it agreed upon that Fred was "lying" about content of betas and 4chan leaks were fake ?
>> cut

I think not, at least not to actually lying ...
Mr. F. Schreiber is simply a gargantuan(humongous) Duke Nukem fan, with rose-colored glasses.
I'm not a fan, sue me, but ... if you a fan of this character/game, what would you do? Hope for the best or follow viscous critics, and destroy it? Then, what kind of fan would you be?

User is offline   necroslut 

hiczok, on 18 October 2018 - 03:06 PM, said:

Even if I could noclip around in a 2001 trailer scenes, would be somewhat of a childhood completion goal for me :rolleyes:

No, it is nog "agreed upon that Fred was "lying"". He's probably exagerrating a bit with the 90% number, but part of it comes from the difficulty in deciding how "complete" something is when its final design is not known. There's definitely something there, far more than some trailer set pieces.

• Polymancer

Because 4Chan never led anyone astray. How did microwaving your water-damaged iPhone work out for you?

User is offline   Tedades 

I wouldn't mind if I would be seeing only a small video play through, just to get a taste of how that build would have played.
(I've been gone for a while, they didn't release new video material, right?)

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Bump. Green pointed out on the 3DR Discord that last two times Randy mentioned Duke (as recently as September), he reassured people that things were underway:
Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

As with everything Duke Nukem "we'll see."

It'd be nice if the old school Duke 3D community was unfucked. Losing Megaton Edition on Steam basically torpedoed a slowly growing resurgence in the community. The WT version of the game didn't measure up. Ever.

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

A new compilation with the addons? Please let that be a thing. Maybe if we're lucky it'll be a total package, the big addons, plus episode 5. That would be amazing.

Ninety-Six, on 08 November 2018 - 12:25 AM, said:

A new compilation with the addons? Please let that be a thing. Maybe if we're lucky it'll be a total package, the big addons, plus episode 5. That would be amazing.

Anyone really cares? Make a new game. No one needs this. Come on, it has been 7 years now.

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

DukeNukem64, on 08 November 2018 - 11:47 AM, said:

Anyone really cares? Make a new game. No one needs this. Come on, it has been 7 years now.

I disagree. Making the addons available is important, I think. I personally consider them part of the overall Duke experience. If I didn't, I wouldn't have bought Megaton since I already owned a D3D disk from Apogee themselves.

I know from experience what it's like to miss out on parts of a game that you were too slow for. And if I want to introduce people to one of my favorite games of all time, I would like to be able to do so with some of my favorite parts of it (I just can't live without DC...).

Plus, if it happens, having all addons and official episodes (including AWO) in one convenient place would just be excellent. I kinda don't trust GBX to make a solid Duke game anyway, but they might be able to make the ultimate Duke 3D release. WT wasn't the best but there was inklings of something great in there, if it just spent a bit more time in the oven (and wasn't sold for double the price of its predecessor).

• Polymancer

What we need, and what is probably not going to happen under Gearbox, is we get a new game.

Forwards, not backwards.

I really don't think that will happen though.

I would only buy a new DN3D release as a donation to an undervalued and under-appreciated franchise, but I really do not want another release of that game. I'd be excited if it contained every Duke game there ever was + a sneak peek into Duke's future.

It's nice Randy pulled over on the side of the highway and saved Duke from the car accident he was in, but he should have called a real doctor. I've warmed to the idea of an outside developer stepping in a lot.

User is offline   Player Lin 

I could only say, whatever Randy/Gearbox do, go backward or forward, it always the sign about their care of DN IP.

And if they still doing the same shit like past, I don't even care if they finally "move forward", because it'll end up the shitty result we already had.

DukeNukem64, on 08 November 2018 - 11:47 AM, said:

And if they did, sheeple would be all "DEERRRPPP IT'S RUINED FOREVERRR THEY'RE RAPING MY CHILDHOOD I'M GONNA SEND THEM DEATH THREATS DEERRRPPP"

Share this topic:

• 57 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options