Duke4.net Forums: DNF 2001 Build Was Apparently Almost Complete - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 13 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DNF 2001 Build Was Apparently Almost Complete  "3DR wants to release it, but it's up to Gearbox"

User is offline   Bruno Mattei 

And 2K doesn't like money since when?

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

If it doesn't get them as much money as humanly possible, they're not interested.

User is offline   Altered Reality 

Has anyone ever asked him who has the distribution rights to the other Duke games (1, 2 and Manhattan Project)?

If your brain tells you one thing and your heart tells you another, get rid of those silly doubts and listen to your brain.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Duke4 Thot Patrol

Of course 2K is part of the problem, but they both play the same TRRIPPPLEEE AAA scam based around what makes the most money.

""Long awaited sequel" switching to the Unreal engine? What could possibly go wrong?" - Micky C

This post has been edited by Jimmy: 09 May 2018 - 11:45 AM

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

From my understanding Gearbox *IS* attempting to get the 2001 build together ie complete along with some other playable builds(from previous incarnations of DNF) and will *possibly* release this
as some type of Duke Nukem Forever Legacy Collection.

Really pumped to play the 2001 version! Let's hope Gearbox can pull it off!

-Always bet on Duke. Always.

-Kaiser

View Postkaisersoze, on 13 May 2018 - 07:55 AM, said:

From my understanding Gearbox *IS* attempting to get the 2001 build together ie complete along with some other playable builds(from previous incarnations of DNF) and will *possibly* release this

That's only what Randy is saying. Words are cheap.

If your brain tells you one thing and your heart tells you another, get rid of those silly doubts and listen to your brain.

User is offline   Duke Legacy 

Talking about Fred from 3DRealms huh umm Randy they fix what they make unlike you piece of shit.

Duke4 Supporter

This post has been edited by Duke Legacy: 13 May 2018 - 12:02 PM

View PostDuke Legacy, on 13 May 2018 - 11:58 AM, said:

Talking about Fred from 3DRealms huh umm Randy they fix what they make unlike you piece of shit.

Yup. Unlike Gearbox, 3DRealms actually gets rid of garbage.
Posted Image

User is offline   hiczok 

wtf guys. Take it east instead of calling people garbage.
I also think they should just put all there was on the internet but at least now someone will compile it and make it run.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Chances of Gearbox announcing something Duke related at E3? They have said they are showing stuff at E3 and confirmed it isn't Borderlands 3 (which could just be a lie)
Who knows, MAYBE it'll be a new Duke game or DNF 2001

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Duke4 Thot Patrol

Hahahaha is that a joke or are you retarded?

""Long awaited sequel" switching to the Unreal engine? What could possibly go wrong?" - Micky C

View PostHulkNukem, on 15 May 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

Chances of Gearbox announcing something Duke related at E3? They have said they are showing stuff at E3 and confirmed it isn't Borderlands 3 (which could just be a lie)
Who knows, MAYBE it'll be a new Duke game or DNF 2001

Maybe it's gonna be Desert Bus VR 2. Yeah, that's more likely.

User is offline   Bruno Mattei 

View Postkaisersoze, on 13 May 2018 - 07:55 AM, said:

Really pumped to play the 2001 version! Let's hope Gearbox can pull it off!

-Always bet on Duke. Always.

-Kaiser

Knowing Gearbox, it'll probably be a timed pre-order exclusive that comes with a "remastered" version of the 2011 Forever.

User is online   Never Forgotten 

I'm not trying to sound rude, but I can't wait for the day when Gearbox does something great with Duke, just to see what the reaction is on here.

Who Loves Ya Baby?

Never Forgotten/Focus Gaming

User is online   fuegerstef 

View PostNever Forgotten, on 15 May 2018 - 08:48 PM, said:

...I can't wait for the day when Gearbox does something great with Duke, just to see what the reaction is on here.

Anything else than a game that looks and plays exactly like Duke 3D (pre 1.5) will be bashed.

A few free casual games by me: http://gamejolt.com/...uegerstef/2615/

User is offline   PikaCommando 

I wouldn't mind a remaster of DNF if it means the Vegas levels will be in night time with today's technology (although Rainbow Six Vegas did nighttime Vegas too and it was made primarily for consoles, so I don't see why DNF couldn't aside from engine issues). Maybe better optimization and completely removal of weapon limits... although it appears that many here would consider that it's near-impossible to save DNF as it is.

View PostPikaCommando, on 16 May 2018 - 01:28 AM, said:

I wouldn't mind a remaster of DNF if it means the Vegas levels will be in night time with today's technology (although Rainbow Six Vegas did nighttime Vegas too and it was made primarily for consoles, so I don't see why DNF couldn't aside from engine issues). Maybe better optimization and completely removal of weapon limits... although it appears that many here would consider that it's near-impossible to save DNF as it is.

That Frankensteinian monstrosity of an engine that was used for DNF is not something that can be optimized. It would be easier and cheaper to import the existing assets to UE4 and remake the game with that (without pulling a George and starting adding features "just because").

View PostNever Forgotten, on 15 May 2018 - 08:48 PM, said:

I'm not trying to sound rude, but I can't wait for the day when Gearbox does something great with Duke, just to see what the reaction is on here.

If Gearbox makes a Duke game you think is great, do you think anyone here will share your opinion?

This post has been edited by Altered Reality: 16 May 2018 - 07:34 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Duke4 Thot Patrol

View Postfuegerstef, on 15 May 2018 - 11:22 PM, said:

Anything else than a game that looks and plays exactly like Duke 3D (pre 1.5) will be bashed.

This is nonsense.

User is offline   Trooper Dan 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostHulkNukem, on 15 May 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

They have said they are showing stuff at E3 and confirmed it isn't Borderlands 3

That's what I thought too because like most everyone else I just heard people saying it and didn't fact check.

In fact, there is no confirmation one way or another. It could be true, or maybe not. In this video, SupMatto does a good job of ripping that report apart:

https://youtu.be/5He1amE2wYY

Also, Pitchford does NOT shed any light on this in his tweets, either, despite what people are saying. He is just playing a game, not lying, but taking advantage of the situation to put doubt in people's minds so that whatever happens at E3 will be more exciting.

User is online   Never Forgotten 

Altered Reality, on 16 May 2018 - 07:29 AM, said:

If Gearbox makes a Duke game you think is great, do you think anyone here will share your opinion?

Probably not, because this community is like the Star Wars community, unless it's 100% exactly how you wish it to be, it's garbage. I do understand why, though. This community has been through a lot of disappointment, so it's not 100% unwarranted.

Who Loves Ya Baby?

Never Forgotten/Focus Gaming

View PostJimmy, on 16 May 2018 - 08:23 PM, said:

This is nonsense.

You know that, I know that, but Duke haters who just happen to have liked vanilla Duke3D... don't.

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View PostAltered Reality, on 16 May 2018 - 07:29 AM, said:

I dunno, I might...

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Duke4 Thot Patrol

View PostAltered Reality, on 17 May 2018 - 05:13 AM, said:

You know that, I know that, but Duke haters who just happen to have liked vanilla Duke3D... don't.

Actually it has nothing to do with that. There is this idea propagated by some that people on this board (specifically myself in some cases) don't like anything that is 3D or modern. Which is totally bullshit. People don't like things that are half baked or mediocre.

User is offline   Duke Legacy 

Like Megaton Edition and World Tour they are both half baked, unlike EDuke32 which is perfectly baked to me aleast.

Duke4 Supporter

Share this topic:

• 13 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options