Duke4.net Forums: DNF 90% Complete Goalposts Shift to 2002 Build - Duke4.net Forums

• 57 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DNF 90% Complete Goalposts Shift to 2002 Build  "3DR wants to release it, but it's up to Gearbox"

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

You just posted cringe

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

I say again.

Duke Nukem in a Duke Nukem game where Duke Nukem is Duke Nukem and the game outright fucking ignores the utterly ridiculous level of pussdom in the world right now. Big guns, bit titties, explosions, amazing level design that requires you to think and learn to navigate, a full fledged inventory with items designed to augment the gun-play, an emphasis on Duke being an action hero torn from the celluloid of a Hollywood Action movie. That's the recipe that the next Duke Nukem game needs.

User is offline   gemeaux333 

Reminds me the president in DNF is like the one from "Mars Attacks!"

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Except for he wasn't trying to betray the human race, and he was, as far as presidents go, pretty competent, and he was Jack Goddamn Nicholson.

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostAltered Reality, on 09 March 2020 - 11:44 AM, said:

I once had an idea of a Duke game where the only other human characters are SJWs and Doctor Proton. The plot:
[...]

That's not an idea for a game, that's an idea for a fanfic.

But both presidents have something in common : they are uncapable of taking a single decision by themselves, especially any that is filled with common sense...

User is offline   HulkNukem 

What about Duke Nukem the Immersive Sim

User is offline   Svanis 

Everyone always seems to forget that Duke is also Elvis, a.k.a The King. Just look at his lip on the cover arts. Couldn't there be a plot that explores this further?

View PostSvanis, on 16 March 2020 - 01:00 PM, said:

Everyone always seems to forget that Duke is also Elvis, a.k.a The King. Just look at his lip on the cover arts. Couldn't there be a plot that explores this further?

No.

User is offline   Outtagum 

View PostSvanis, on 16 March 2020 - 01:00 PM, said:

Posted Image

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

Posted Image

User is offline   Matthew 

View Postthricecursed, on 20 March 2020 - 01:06 AM, said:

Posted Image

You see, this is exactly why Corona-chan exists. You just...ruined the world with one picture. Good job, and may God have mercy on your soul.

I never saw the Elvis thing with that lip, but Rihanna's Rude Boy video did make me think of it slightly;

Attached Image: DNFRIHANNA.jpg

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Randy chatted about the Duke Nukem Collection again on a livestream recently:

https://twitter.com/...010192659771393

He's saying there's content that Gearbox's head of publishing, Steve Gibson, wouldn't feel comfortable publishing over concerns of racism and sexism in the external expansions/adds-on from Sunstorm and reiterated that the DNF builds aren't what people imagine them to be.

Despite that, he says he's made an effort to reach out to people involved in the project to package it up (though he suggests they lost enthusiasm after realizing how much work it would be) and claims to be "putting his thumb on that scale" to move the project ahead.

This post has been edited by Mr. Tibbs: 09 May 2020 - 10:48 PM

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

It is 2020, can we just forget? Posted Image

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 09 May 2020 - 10:45 PM, said:

He's saying there's content that Gearbox's head of publishing, Steve Gibson, wouldn't feel comfortable publishing over concerns of racism and sexism in the external expansions/adds-on from Sunstorm

Steve Gibson can suck dicks.

User is offline   stumppy84 

So life’s a beach is sexist? Don’t you wear bikinis on a beach?

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Because when I play Duke DC and Caribbean, I know these expansions were made for the white man.

Can anyone see the stream ?

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

It's not racist in what a normal person would define as racist. It's the "island people" stereotype.

Dumb reasoning, nonetheless. Pixel cleavage still edgy in 2020.

Is Steve Gibson a SJW ?

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Anyone with any control over the Duke IP is either an SJW, a pacifist with their head in the sand, or too much of a coward to do anything. Though I probably just described the entire video game industry in general.

DUKE'S SIDEKICK MUST DIE !

Duke's (politically correct) sidekick : "Whatch out Duke, you're going to offend the machines, the aliens and the babes !"

Duke Nukem : "If you're affraid of taking risks and offending peoples, then put diappers and go back to kindergarden !"

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 10 May 2020 - 10:27 AM

The last thing Randy said was "There's actually going to be some news on Duke Nukem pretty soon." ;)

I can't recall what would be considered racist in the expansion packs. As far as sexism, again Duke isn't allowed to exist because of "sexism" but many others are allowed the same humor and prosper. Don't know where that mindset started.... Actually, Duke is the only franchise with self-awareness when it comes to "babes." It's parody so I would think Duke Nukem is in the clear.

This post has been edited by hismasterplan: 10 May 2020 - 10:48 AM

Recently, someone twitted Randy : "How would you feel about making an Unreal 4 engine powered Duke Nukem game ?" and he responded : "Tell me about it !"

So Randy and Gearbox are secretly working on a Duke Nukem project ? I wouldn't be surprised if it were anounced 10 days before its actual release, just like the new XCOM game (Chimera Squad)

User is online   Ninety-Six 

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 09 May 2020 - 10:45 PM, said:

He's saying there's content that Gearbox's head of publishing, Steve Gibson, wouldn't feel comfortable publishing over concerns of racism and sexism in the external expansions/adds-on from Sunstorm

Oh for fuck's sake.

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 10 May 2020 - 12:09 PM

Okay I know I commented already but I have a few questions.

1.) Racism? How? Some island temple that never showed literally any sort of "primitives" at all ever?

2.) Sexism? The women in bikinis? The vanilla game had actual strippers that you could tp to get them to open their tops. And Forever, which Gearbox published had actual topless women and you take offense now?

3.) If there was concern about political incorrectness, why did Gearbox buy the Duke Nukem franchise and publish several games with it?

4.) What the fuck does any of this have to do with D.C.?!

I'm sorry; I usually don't get this heated. But the more I think about it, the angrier I get over how bumfuck braindead this is.

View PostNinety-Six, on 10 May 2020 - 06:05 PM, said:

Okay I know I commented already but I have a few questions.

1.) Racism? How? Some island temple that never showed literally any sort of "primitives" at all ever?

2.) Sexism? The women in bikinis? The vanilla game had actual strippers that you could tp to get them to open their tops. And Forever, which Gearbox published had actual topless women and you take offense now?

3.) If there was concern about political incorrectness, why did Gearbox buy the Duke Nukem franchise and publish several games with it?

4.) What the fuck does any of this have to do with D.C.?!

I'm sorry; I usually don't get this heated. But the more I think about it, the angrier I get over how bumfuck braindead this is.

Exactly. And why should it matter? The audience that Duke appeals to doesn't care about offending either side, they just care about a kick ass game.

perhaps Steve Gibson see in D.C. american imperialism in bar...

oddly he doesn't seem to have these issues with Borderlands...

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 11 May 2020 - 08:40 AM

i love double standards!

Share this topic:

• 57 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options