Duke4.net Forums: DNF 90% Complete Goalposts Shift to 2002 Build - Duke4.net Forums

• 57 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DNF 90% Complete Goalposts Shift to 2002 Build  "3DR wants to release it, but it's up to Gearbox"

User is offline   spessu_sb 

View PostETPC, on 03 February 2021 - 07:09 AM, said:

so. does THQ Nordic/Embracer have a history of allowing prototypes or alpha/beta builds out?
Not really.

Back when Painkiller Hell and Damnation released, the back then Nordic Games got asked to relase modtools for PKHD and they acknowledged the existence of the topic, they never however released the tools.

So based on this I'd say it's slim chance of something like the dnf betas getting released. And here I was thinking the situation with dnf pre-release builds couldnt get anyworse than it was with randy being the owner..

User is offline   ETPC 

i guess if all that nintendo shit leaked, the goldeneye xbla remaster leaked and probably a million other things im forgetting leaked, it's only a matter of time right?

User is offline   Kyeb 

View PostETPC, on 09 February 2021 - 10:01 AM, said:

i guess if all that nintendo shit leaked, the goldeneye xbla remaster leaked and probably a million other things im forgetting leaked, it's only a matter of time right?

I had the exact same feeling. I think in time we'll see something. Hell I'd even be happy with Fred's stream footage in full finding it's way online. We shall see.

I feel a leak is more likely than an official release at this point.

User is online   Ninety-Six 

View PostWilliam Beavis, on 10 February 2021 - 02:30 PM, said:

I feel a leak is more likely than an official release at this point.

Almost certainly. Not that that in of itself is all that likely either.

User is offline   ETPC 

if what im hearing about embracer being a massive bubble (apparently all their studios are getting loans constantly and subsidizing dev costs with EGS/game pass money) then once it pops, there's gonna be some fucking pissed off employees who will probably leak a bunch of shit. though i hope it dosen't happen in that context because that would fucking suck for the workers at all these studios.

another idea would be like, idk, maybe someone should just do a fuckin real documentry on this. i watched the death of 'superman lives' last night and i could vividly see in my mind a DNF documentry that follows the same pattern. talking to people from 3dr, epic, id, gearbox, old games journalists (pc gamer, jeff gerstmann at giant bomb, jeff green who used to be at CGW, etc), people who were at GT, the GOD people (though i guess that would just be devolver now) and finally people at 2k. if i had the patience to switch my degree from what im doing right now to documentry film making i would fuckin do it myself.

This post has been edited by ETPC: 11 February 2021 - 08:17 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

These people are too obsessed with public relations and woke bullshit now. They'd never agree to it.

User is offline   jkas789 

View PostETPC, on 11 February 2021 - 08:15 AM, said:

if what im hearing about embracer being a massive bubble (apparently all their studios are getting loans constantly and subsidizing dev costs with EGS/game pass money)

Is there a source for this? Because that is really interesting. Fuck EGS btw. Not because of the tribal steam bullshit, but because it is a shit store funded by chinese money.

User is offline   ETPC 

View Postjkas789, on 11 February 2021 - 07:10 PM, said:

Is there a source for this? Because that is really interesting.

not one i'm comfortable sharing, so i could be totally wrong and so could my source

Think this footage is legit? Those buildings look like Vice City assets.

User is offline   Dr.Panico 

View Posthismasterplan, on 22 May 2021 - 08:59 AM, said:

Think this footage is legit? Those buildings look like Vice City assets.

Some of the buildings are indeed from GTA Vice City. It's a hoax.

You can compare this footage with the trailers plus the actual leaked footage and see the difference.

View PostDr.Panico, on 22 May 2021 - 10:21 AM, said:

Some of the buildings are indeed from GTA Vice City. It's a hoax.

Yeah, there's some stuff from San Andreas as well.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 22 May 2021 - 10:45 AM

lol, let's put a grainy vhs filter over our footage so the player models and textures can't be recognized! Also, the cars flew in DNF 01

Hell I'd still play it.

User is offline   Outtagum 

So exciting!

View PostOuttagum, on 22 May 2021 - 05:13 PM, said:

So exciting!

Ah yes, the Half-Life 1 pistol sound.

User is offline   hogsy 

View PostOuttagum, on 22 May 2021 - 05:13 PM, said:

So exciting!

I'm super dubious this is real. I've looked at the other videos on that guys channel and it looks like the VCR distortion was added in post to me.

User is online   ck3D 

^ William Beavis knows, it was indeed added in post, in fact the dude rather obviously used one of the most common, basic ass VHS filters out there that most phones allow you to overlay on top of footage in two seconds with the right app, I can tell he put in zero effort. True VHS footage doesn't look as gimmicky and its qualities and lack thereof so exacerbated and contrived.

This post has been edited by ck3D: 24 May 2021 - 03:15 AM

Why would their even be VHS footage of the game in the first place?

View PostKristian Joensen, on 24 May 2021 - 05:28 AM, said:

Why would their even be VHS footage of the game in the first place?

If we really want to stretch the boundaries of common logic, maybeeee sometime in the early 2000s, the team wanted to show off parts of the game to a third party and, the only mechanism at their disposal was....a VCR? Like a demonstration for Scott Miller's Great Aunt or something? Perhaps a few copies were made, and years later someone found and digitized it....and then leaked it? LOL

User is online   ck3D 

Or the kid who made that up for clicks is younger than VCR's and thinks that's how the whole world looked before someone invented HD.

User is offline   hiczok 

View Posthogsy, on 24 May 2021 - 12:37 AM, said:

I'm super dubious this is real. I've looked at the other videos on that guys channel and it looks like the VCR distortion was added in post to me.

dubous ?! This is fake af... don't need to be a games major to notice it's shit

You know, I'd have a lot more respect if it were labeled something like "GTA DNF 2001 tribute" instead of trying to insult our intelligence. It's a fairly impressive replica of oldschool DNF, considering the engine it was constructed on.

User is offline   hogsy 

View Posthiczok, on 25 May 2021 - 08:00 AM, said:

dubous ?! This is fake af... don't need to be a games major to notice it's shit

I mean, yeah. Dubious was probably being a bit light regarding my feelings on it, but I suppose I was leaving it open on the off-chance someone proved otherwise. Typically prefer not to act like I know everything.

Unfortunately, clearly a number of people have already been dupped by it given it got posted here in the first place. People that post misleading shit like this really need to find a better hobby.

User is online   ck3D 

View Posthogsy, on 26 May 2021 - 12:33 AM, said:

Unfortunately, clearly a number of people have already been dupped by it given it got posted here in the first place. People that post misleading shit like this really need to find a better hobby.

Thinking about it, here it's obviously tainted by an egoistical yearning for absurd views but when it all comes down to it, people are just trying to express what they want to see and that takes different forms, some will actually try and recreate it (with perspective, the sole existence of a product as relatively accurate as the DNF Duke 3D mod is phenomenal), some will tell it in words, some will do it in other weird ways depending on which ones they know best. What I do find fascinating on the other hand is the lasting religious-like obsession with DNF so many years after the game's actual release, with people straight up denying it as the real DNF although of course given the actual development and marketing history that's understandable if not reasonable. Just when you take a step back and look at the phenomenon itself, it's pretty funny. And too much attention that's sometimes not spent towards the good user content that's actually there, but here I'm repeating myself from other posts.

This post has been edited by ck3D: 26 May 2021 - 03:57 AM

Honestly, hoaxes like this help keep the public interest ablaze and maybe, just maaaaaaybe, might help lead to some sort of official release or at least a walkthrough video of sorts.

User is offline   ZEN_Ivan 

Seems like 2 new DNF screenshots got posted a couple of days back on Twitter. https://twitter.com/...3420039171?s=20

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: E2MqskuXIAYqZIg (1).jpg
  • Attached Image: E2MqNCpWQAAhC4v (1).jpg

User is offline   jkas789 

Screenshots of the full twitter thread in order.

At least until 6:58 pm, northern taco time.

Edit: backed up on Internet Archive as well.

This post has been edited by jkas789: 27 May 2021 - 06:14 PM

User is offline   hiczok 

View PostZEN_Ivan, on 27 May 2021 - 03:57 PM, said:

Seems like 2 new DNF screenshots got posted a couple of days back on Twitter. https://twitter.com/...3420039171?s=20

I will pay. whatever. I am 32 and I do not want to die without ever playing my 2001 childhood dream :cry:

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

>Duke can free-piss

And people say Postal 2 has no relation to the Duke Nukem franchise.

Share this topic:

• 57 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options