Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem ReSaurus Repaint (Ideas and Suggestions) - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem ReSaurus Repaint (Ideas and Suggestions)  "I try to repaint the Duke Nukem toys more accurate to the game."

User is offline   Dr_Proton 

Hello everyone!

I picked up some broken Duke Nukem toys from ebay and tried to repaint them and maybe make them more flexible (something like the G.I. Joe figures).

Now here's the kicker: I can't pry open the parts (glued shut like a mofo) to get the broken joints out of them.

I already used hot water so my last chance is to use something chemical I guess?

I will post some pictures and wanna here your ideas and suggestion and maybe help me out with some parts (still missing the knifes, cap, nightvision goggles, freezethrower and two belts).

https://imgur.com/a/ibzsO

This post has been edited by Dr_Proton: 04 March 2018 - 04:42 AM

View PostDr_Proton, on 04 March 2018 - 04:40 AM, said:

Hello everyone!

I picked up some broken Duke Nukem toys from ebay and tried to repaint them and maybe make them more flexible (something like the G.I. Joe figures).

Now here's the kicker: I can't pry open the parts (glued shut like a mofo) to get the broken joints out of them.

I already used hot water so my last chance is to use something chemical I guess?

I will post some pictures and wanna here your ideas and suggestion and maybe help me out with some parts (still missing the knifes, cap, nightvision goggles, freezethrower and two belts).

https://imgur.com/a/ibzsO

Try a hair dryer at the highest setting to get them apart. That might work.

Also, DO NOT use spray paint as anything other than a base coat, unless you want to blast any other paint off of the thing.

This post has been edited by Major Tom: 04 March 2018 - 08:20 AM

User is offline   Dr_Proton 

View PostMajor Tom, on 04 March 2018 - 08:03 AM, said:

Try a hair dryer at the highest setting to get them apart. That might work.

Also, DO NOT use spray paint as anything other than a base coat, unless you want to blast any other paint off of the thing.

Sounds like an idea...

They are pretty much glued shut. Will try your method tomorrow.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options