Duke4.net Forums: Hello Fellow Dukers - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hello Fellow Dukers

User is offline   beatdown 

Glad to find an active community, I've been playing since about 1997 when my mom snapped my Duke3D CD because of the strippers and fowl language.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Overzealous parents who got between you and Duke? We have something in common! :dukecigar:

When I was young, this was around 2002-ish, my dad got really religious, we are a Christian family but this was too much, and he wouldn't let me or my brother play Duke 3D or Manhattan Project. We had to sneak behind his back and play it when he was working.

User is online   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Luckily my dad understood that Duke3D had a parental lock which he used. He didn't ban me outright from the game. I thank 3D Realms endlessly for this feature that everyone else seems to complain about. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't have been able to play the game at all. However, at some point I discovered the password is very easily accessible. But in no time I was playing in autonomy anyway without parental control because I was old enough.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 26 February 2018 - 05:21 AM

My mom only ever knew Duke Nukem 3D as "that game where y'all run around killing each other" (she saw me playing Dukematch against bots ONE TIME and thought my brother and I were somehow doing multiplayer despite a lack of Internet connectivity between our rooms), so...yeah.

BOT: Welcome to the forum, beatdown!

User is online   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I'm so thankful I had parents who understood technology. Well, my dad anyway. He had a PC in the house of some form since the early 80s when we were growing up. I had tons of fun on our family Tandy Color Computer 3, Tandy 1000, 486 DX4 100Mhz, Pentium 233 MMX, and then I got my own systems after that (my first system was a 286 at about 12 or 13 with Hercules Monochrome graphics, though when dad wasn't home or sleeping or something I used to sneak his VGA graphics card out of his computer and put it in mine so I could play Sierra adventure games faster, Hercules was so SLOW). I didn't have a video game console until I was 11 years old or so. All computers.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 26 February 2018 - 07:44 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options