Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem 3D Beta 0.99 Recreation (MOD\TC) - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D Beta 0.99 Recreation (MOD\TC)

User is offline   LakiSoft 

Duke Nukem 3D Beta 0.99 Recreation TC\Mod

Don't worry, it's not one of those "BETA BRYAN" topics. I just wanted to share updated BETA recreation mod after some time passed. Now probably i would get warned or banned for this, but it doesn't matter since i am not visiting forums often with profile on anyway. Some of you guys may like this, some may think it's about another BETA BRYAN stuff. As you already know my BETA Recreation Mod was based on real Duke3D 0.99 EXECUTABLE. Here is some improvements since last time:

-Scuba Gear and Space Suit now have their real glair when wearing (Most important improvment)
-Leftover Mistakes from v1.3D based maps in Cosmic Wasteland and Shutdown at Ground Zero were fixed, although they still may be some mistakes.
-Title Screen, Help Pages, and stuff are from orignal 0.99 Shareware now. They are no longer v1.3D images.
-Instead of having shitty BAT files that will not work in DosBox (since they only work in Windows XP's DOS 8.1 CMD Prompt) there is no longer batch files that launches full game levels for Episode 2 and 3, instead, type DNWARPxy in order to play those levels. If you are not happy with skill, type DNSKILLx. To do this load only avaible shareware episode from menu, then use this cheats. Choices that works:

Episode 1: L.A. Meltdown

DNWARP11 - Hollywood Holocause
DNWARP12 - Mean Streets
DNWARP13 - Death Row
DNWARP14 - Toxic Beachhead
DNWARP15 - Into the Abyss
DNWARP16 - Bonus Level: Spaceport 2000

Episode 2: Cosmic Wasteland

DNWARP21 - MoonBase 1
DNWARP22 - MoonBase 2
DNWARP23 - MoonBase 3
DNWARP24 - Space Station 1
DNWARP25 - Space Station 1
DNWARP26 - Power Station
DNWARP27 - BOSS 2
DNWARP28 - Secret 1

For some weird reason, DNWARP29 won't work.

Episode 3 - Shutdown at Ground Zero

DNWARP31 - Apogee Arms Hotel
DNWARP32 - S.P.E.R.M. Bank
DNWARP33 - Sewage Company
DNWARP34 - The Sewers Below
DNWARP35 - RTD Subway
DNWARP36 - Postal
DNWARP37 - Santa Monica Pier
DNWARP38 - Alien

As in Episode 2, E3L9 can only be reached by completing E3L8 Alien as DNWARP39 wouldn't be recognized for some weird reason.

Skill Levels:

DNSKILL1 - Easy
DNSKILL2 - Medium
DNSKILL3 - Normal
DNSKILL4 - Hard
DNSKILL5 - Headache

Note that entering any other number will work but they will be same as Headache, as far as i know...

This copy of Duke3D 0.99 also do contain many user maps from various sources. Some of them are bit alterned to fit 0.99 EXE behavior while some aren't. Of course some of them which aren't altered still have chance to play properly in 0.99 EXE. To load an user map in Duke3D 0.99 EXE simple type "Duke3D usermap.map" Some of maps already have their .CON launcher which of course only will work in DosBox or old OSes. I reccomend you trying AQUA, AQUA2, PRISON1, BEAMUP.MAP, BOB1-BOB6, _SPACE.MAP, _2009.MAP, MOONBASE.MAP, MOONBAS3.MAP, etc.. It does also contain _ZOO.MAP :dukecigar:
Another note is that if you type DNWARP17 or DNWARP18 there is some weird levels at those slots as well.
Plus if you are using newer Operating System (since it's 2018 already, probably most of you do...) it's also good idea to get DosBox otherwise this thing aren't going to work unless you still use Windows XP, ME, 2000 or Windows 9x.

Some other CHEAT CODES you can use:

DNITEMS = Inventory + Keycards (including Space Suit of course)
DNGODLY = Toggle God Mode ON
DNUNGODLY = Toggle God Mode OFF
DNCLIP = No Cliping mode ON\OFF
DNWEAPONS = ALL WEAPONS
DNAMMO = ALL AMMO
DNENDING = Ends episode (use this at E3L9: Extra 3 9, called Stadium in v1.3D-v1.5)
DNHYPER = Use Steroids
DNCASHMAN = Throw some cash everywhere :)
DNWARPxy (x - is episode, y - is level, as explained, this is useful to play full levels)
DNSKILLx (x - can be any number, but only 1-5 makes difference)

Download Links:

Duke3D v1.2 : https://ufile.io/jbjxtd58
Duke 3D v1.5 : https://ufile.io/6or1u9q6

If you think this is illegal, delete this thread immidietly. But since many BETA content is posted here already, such as Shadow Warrior Builds, i guess this wouldn't make much of a problem. Thank you in advance.

User is offline   Steve 64 

Can you make it work for Megaton Edition with Coop?

View PostDuke Legacy, on 26 February 2018 - 10:07 PM, said:

Can you make it work for Megaton Edition with Coop?

I don't own Megaton Edition so i don't know how it works and its functions. Plus the fact, my mod is Duke3D 0.99 BETA in basis, just upgraded and polished. As far as i know, Duke3D 0.99 didn't had any multiplayer support anyway. Even if it had multiplayer support, i still wouldn't know how to implement compatibilty with Megaton Edition COOP, its servers, etc.. I am not a programmer, and i suck at GAME.CON coding. I only know USER.CON editing and some Very Very Basic GAME.CON editing. Creation of this mod is only made with Basic Copy\Paste actions and some minor level editing. Thank you for checking it anyway, sorry if it's not great as you expected to be...

User is offline   NNC 

The only thing I truly cared about this version is the opening part of E1L2. That garage was cool and you can only wonder how many of these were lost during the cutting is shipping policy particularly in the third episode, where five levels were cut in the half.

User is offline   Jamesfff 

Just tried to run thid via DosBox on Windows 10 and got an error message saying "Playback failed, possibly due to an invalid or conflicting IRQ." What now?

User is offline   FistMarine 

View PostJamesfff, on 06 March 2021 - 09:11 PM, said:

Just tried to run thid via DosBox on Windows 10 and got an error message saying "Playback failed, possibly due to an invalid or conflicting IRQ." What now?

I think you need to change the IRQ number in SETUP.EXE to 7 to make it work. I remember the first time I ran Duke3D in DOSBox (back in 2012), I didn't understand why it didn't work and then found out that the IRQ had to be changed to 7, as it's set to 5 by default, I think.

Also regarding OP, if someone is wondering, I wasn't able to contact Gingis Khan (aka Duke Nukem IV Guy, aka LakiSoft) since mid May of last year, which was the last time I talked to him on Google Mail. I'm afraid he disappeared and considering for how long time has passed since he replied last time (I remember sending him about 20 mails for the whole summer and never got a reply), it's unlikely to hear from him again. He never disappeared for this long before. I really hope one day he will return. :(

User is offline   NNC 

I wish I can run Sewer and Sweeney with this, I think both maps were optimalized for pre-1.3D coding, ie. much weaker pigcops and octabrains. Also Sewer and Sweeney don't have tiles013.art, which gave them a distinct episode 1-ish look compared to the marbel-heavy Shrapnel city episode, where tiles013.art was dominating.

View PostRunningDuke, on 08 March 2021 - 12:52 AM, said:

I think you need to change the IRQ number in SETUP.EXE to 7 to make it work. I remember the first time I ran Duke3D in DOSBox (back in 2012), I didn't understand why it didn't work and then found out that the IRQ had to be changed to 7, as it's set to 5 by default, I think.

Also regarding OP, if someone is wondering, I wasn't able to contact Gingis Khan (aka Duke Nukem IV Guy, aka LakiSoft) since mid May of last year, which was the last time I talked to him on Google Mail. I'm afraid he disappeared and considering for how long time has passed since he replied last time (I remember sending him about 20 mails for the whole summer and never got a reply), it's unlikely to hear from him again. He never disappeared for this long before. I really hope one day he will return. :(

Perhaps changing the IRQ number in setup.exe will work, but it's not necessary - it's possible to play this with EDuke32.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View PostThe Watchtower, on 08 March 2021 - 04:06 AM, said:

I wish I can run Sewer and Sweeney with this, I think both maps were optimalized for pre-1.3D coding, ie. much weaker pigcops and octabrains.

IIRC pig cops actually have more health in pre-v1.3D, or am I making this up? I happen to have shareware v1.1 installed right now, and USER.CON shows 100 HP for Pig Cops, similar to v1.3D. I vaguely remember them having more HP (like 150) in beta 0.99 but not sure.

Or did you mean their attack strength?

I'm around 80% sure at least one enemy got an increase in HP when palettes where applied to them.

User is offline   Aleks 

Pig Cops had more HP (3 shotgun shots IIRC, so 150?) with palettes in 1.3D, I remember that from all these early user maps.

User is offline   NNC 

View PostMrFlibble, on 11 March 2021 - 04:50 AM, said:

IIRC pig cops actually have more health in pre-v1.3D, or am I making this up? I happen to have shareware v1.1 installed right now, and USER.CON shows 100 HP for Pig Cops, similar to v1.3D. I vaguely remember them having more HP (like 150) in beta 0.99 but not sure.

Or did you mean their attack strength?

In the v1.0 version I think they had 120 HP. But before that there were times when pigcops were just fodders like liztroops.

View PostJamesfff, on 06 March 2021 - 09:11 PM, said:

Try changing IRQ from 5 to 7 or vice versa. I think i did some updates over this mod since last time but i gotta check it as it was long ago. If it worked in EDuke32 for you, even better but only problem is that EDuke32 will not behave like this outdated duke3d.exe and therefor Space suit and flamethrower will not work in eduke32.

BTW, here is same type of mod of Beta recreation, only difference these are shareware v1.0 and v1.1 based. they have essentially same space suit and other scraped stuff as in 0.99, only fact that 1.0 and esspecially 1.1 Duke3D.exes are more stable. You shall try them too in DosBox, just note duke3d.cfg included in them may have shitty command control so my advice is to change them back to default... Thanks for trying my Beta recreation mod.

<attachments removed>

I got crashes with both of those IRQ numbers. BTW, it was set to "default" (whatever that is) to begin with.

View PostJamesfff, on 21 June 2021 - 05:35 PM, said:

I got crashes with both of those IRQ numbers. BTW, it was set to "default" (whatever that is) to begin with.

Try this older version of dosbox attached here and click on Play Duke.bat
It works fine for me

<attachment removed>

The 1.1 beta in that rar ran fine in DOSBox, as did the 1.0 beta i checked out (both from your post from yesterday morning above), but I still can't run the 0.99 beta (which my comment that you quoted in your post of yesterday evening actually referred to) that way - even with the version of DOSbox you provided (0.72).

View PostJamesfff, on 22 June 2021 - 05:26 PM, said:

The 1.1 beta in that rar ran fine in DOSBox, as did the 1.0 beta i checked out (both from your post from yesterday morning above), but I still can't run the 0.99 beta (which my comment that you quoted in your post of yesterday evening actually referred to) that way - even with the version of DOSbox you provided (0.72).

That's weird. Try this variant of 0.99 then. It run fine for me, though in tested it in that old DosBox 0.72. I hope it works for you this time.

<attachment removed>

This version of 0.99 works. I can't activate the cheat codes for God mode, all weapons, all items or coordinates, though.

View PostJamesfff, on 23 June 2021 - 05:41 PM, said:

This version of 0.99 works. I can't activate the cheat codes for God mode, all weapons, all items or coordinates, though.

Did you type DNSTUFF? In case you did this code only works in later versions and won't work in 0.99 beta. So if this is the case try those cheat codes:

• DNITEMS = Inventory + Keycards (including Space Suit of course)
  • DNGODLY = Toggle God Mode ON
  • DNUNGODLY = Toggle God Mode OFF
  • DNCLIP = No Cliping mode ON\OFF
  • DNWEAPONS = ALL WEAPONS
  • DNAMMO = ALL AMMO
  • DNENDING = Ends episode
  • DNHYPER = Use Steroids
  • DNCASHMAN = Throw some cash everywhere :)
  • DNWARPxy (x - is episode, y - is level, as explained, this is useful to play full levels)
  • DNSKILLx (x - can be any number, but only 1-5 makes difference)

In case you did tried these right cheats, and it didn't work i really don't have any explanation except maybe some error in key bindings that conflicts with cheats. Try changing key binds that collides with letters D and N.

Yeah, these work - thanks. (I had previously tried the alt+ cheats given on the demo's help screen.

Your welcome. Now, a bit of Trivia, i have kept help screen because it was part of original unaltered shareware Beta 0.99, but those references with alt+ cheats given on the demo's help screen probably must be from some older build we don't have leaked or released in public, such as Beta 0.60. This is similar situation how certain Shadow Warrior prototypes had Alt + E for giving everything cheat but in later prototype it was replaced with word SWALL that you had to type on screen manually.

This is Duke3D 0.70 Beta. it features some stuff like space suit,snake head and flamethrower and several levelss inspired by beta screenshot. whenever you finish episode 2 or 3 after killing the boss type DNENDING to see ending cutscene. Some levels included in this beta may not work properly or can glitch, use DNCLIP if that happens.

<attachment removed>

As a bonus there are recreations of 1.0 and 1.1. note that they are more or less same 1.0 and 1.1 i already provided in this very topic earlier, only difference that some midi music in episodes 2 and 3 are now bit altered. Enjoy!

<attachment removed>

User is offline   Tekedon 

View PostGingis Khan, on 06 July 2021 - 03:54 PM, said:

This is Duke3D 0.70 Beta. it features some stuff like space suit,snake head and flamethrower and several levelss inspired by beta screenshot. whenever you finish episode 2 or 3 after killing the boss type DNENDING to see ending cutscene. Some levels included in this beta may not work properly or can glitch, use DNCLIP if that happens.

Attachment DUKE3D 0.70.rar

As a bonus there are recreations of 1.0 and 1.1. note that they are more or less same 1.0 and 1.1 i already provided in this very topic earlier, only difference that some midi music in episodes 2 and 3 are now bit altered. Enjoy!

Attachment DUKE3D 1.0.rar

Windows Defender detected "Trojan:Script/Sabsik.FL.A!ml" in this. Probablty false positive I guess?

View PostTekedon, on 06 July 2021 - 10:57 PM, said:

Windows Defender detected "Trojan:Script/Sabsik.FL.A!ml" in this. Probablty false positive I guess?

Probably, its just Rar file with regular exe so i don't get it how got detected like that. in addition it only contain batch files to launch episodes.

View PostGingis Khan, on 06 July 2021 - 11:00 PM, said:

Probably, its just Rar file with regular exe so i don't get it how got detected like that. in addition it only contain batch files to launch episodes.

Oh, it seems i detected many glitches, including E3L1 visual glitches, several gameplay affecting glitches on E2L1 and E2L4, and one annoying glitch preventing you to finish E2L5 without cheating. Now that i have fixed those bugs you can download fixed version here.

<attachment removed>

Bonus: improved 1.1 with better midi music choices.

<attachment removed>

User is offline   Avenger 

Is there any way to get BMouse or mouselook at all working with the 0.70 beta?

I've even remapped the pageup and pagedown keys to the mouse with glovepie which works but for some reason the game always forces Duke to look at the sky or down at the ground if you press U to force an axis change when this is done.

I would run through EDuke32 but sadly many of the differences that make the beta unique are overwritten when this is the case.

View PostAvenger, on 08 July 2021 - 08:33 AM, said:

Is there any way to get BMouse or mouselook at all working with the 0.70 beta?

I've even remapped the pageup and pagedown keys to the mouse with glovepie which works but for some reason the game always forces Duke to look at the sky or down at the ground if you press U to force an axis change when this is done.

I would run through EDuke32 but sadly many of the differences that make the beta unique are overwritten when this is the case.

Mouselook is first introduced in Duke Nukem 3D Shareware v1.1. It did not exist as a feature neither in 1.0 or 0.99 and older. So i think BMouse wouldn't work on anything older than v1.1. BTW personally i wouldn't even use mouselook even in newer versions of vanilla duke where that is possible. I only use that in EDuke32 and RedNukem. Maybe trying droping my 0.70 beta over RedNukem? Because i heard rednukem is bit more vanilla accuracy compatible than EDuke32 is. I'll try that myself too.

User is offline   Avenger 

View PostGingis Khan, on 08 July 2021 - 01:02 PM, said:

Mouselook is first introduced in Duke Nukem 3D Shareware v1.1. It did not exist as a feature neither in 1.0 or 0.99 and older. So i think BMouse wouldn't work on anything older than v1.1. BTW personally i wouldn't even use mouselook even in newer versions of vanilla duke where that is possible. I only use that in EDuke32 and RedNukem. Maybe trying droping my 0.70 beta over RedNukem? Because i heard rednukem is bit more vanilla accuracy compatible than EDuke32 is. I'll try that myself too.

Alright.

Please let me know what you find as I'll probably be giving rednukem a try since it claims to be a more accurate experience for Duke Nukem 64 without the rendering problems found in the EDuke32 mod.

I just tried running beta 0.70 in both EDuke32 and rednukem and here are the results.

In EDuke32 beta 0.70 does work but broken, without space suit working and flamethrower behaving exactly like devastators.

While RedNukem beta 0.70 won't run whatever i do. it won't even work with 0.99, v1.0 or v1.1. It looks like rednukem cannot play anything older than v1.3D. of course i could theoretically copy CONs from v1.3D to beta 0.70, but what would v1.3d reskinned with beta 0.70 art\levels in essence and would be pointless.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Space suit, weapons,etc.. are all source level changes, which require that you are running the correct binary.
You will not get them working otherwise.

Good thing is that eduke32's main focus is bringing out these source-level changes to CON files.
It would be entirely possible to re-create a vast majority of these features at CON level.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options