Duke4.net Forums: Sound definitions - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sound definitions

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I am helping Eddy with one of his projects. I noticed that there are quite a few sounds which are not defined in user.con and deleted them, but Eddy isn't sure if that's a good idea. So the question is: Are there any hardcoded sounds in the game that are used without them being defined in con code (e.g. WANSOM4A if you pick up a weapon)? My personal impression was that what isn't defined via code simply is not used. Maybe someone can clearify that. Thanks in advance! ^^

User is offline   Jblade 

that's right, if it's not defined in the CON files than it doesn't get used.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostNightFright, on 22 February 2018 - 11:38 PM, said:

Eddy with one of his projects.

Holy Moly!

User is offline   Sanek 

Please don't help Eddy. He's a horrible person and he'll let you down at the worst possible moment. :dukecigar:

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostSanek, on 23 February 2018 - 02:11 AM, said:

He's a horrible person and he'll let you down at the worst possible moment. :dukecigar:

like that time he and I were fighting for our lives against a pack of wolves in the Siberian wilderness, then he grabbed the ladder dangling from the passing rescue helicopter and left me to die

that really sucked

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

So it is as I thought. In fact, the sound in question (wansom4a.voc) was defined in user.con, but for some reason I missed it during my file search and thought it was not used, therefore deleting the corresponding soundfile. Then Eddy wondered why the sound did not play ingame. Now we know why, I guess. xD Thanks for the confirmation!

This post has been edited by NightFright: 23 February 2018 - 03:20 AM

User is online   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Not sure if it's important here, but this file contains a list of all sounds used by the source code, and none that are not: http://svn.eduke32.c...c/soundsdyn.cpp

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options