Duke4.net Forums: Dreamfall: The Longest Journey (with Spoilers!) - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey (with Spoilers!)

User is offline   Cerberus_e 

Hey avatar_58 & the others that have finished the game so they don't have to worry about all these spoilers :)
It was a good game, t's the first time I play a game of that genre (it's probably a genre on its own... very different from normal adventure games, like the longest journey).

However, I still have some questions. Some of these are probably unanswered questions in the game, but maybe someone knows an answer to some of them?

- Zoë saved April... she died, I don't know what Zoë has to do with it, she didn't do much, and I know even less what Faith (the girl) concerns this (the white kin visited her or so? For what purpose?)

- In the beginning, I thought Brian Westhouse died? That kind of "chaos" that came. The problem (well, not really a problem, but just the "thing") with this game is the sequences aren't chronological, it makes it much harder to understand, but also makes the game more mysterious. I love how you experienced Brian Westhouse's story first-hand though. The one he told about in The Longest Journey (also a little bit in Dreamfall even), how he went from Stark to Acradia.

- I never got to know more about that black guy in his black coat, he's connected to the Hazadi apparently. Also, Salmin Benrime lied about "not having seen him"?

- I thought the big boss of WATI lost his sensors because of that girl? (He hates the girl). How come he loses them completely now the girl (Faith) is GONE?

- Why do the twins turn against the WATI boss?

- Why does Zoë have to die?

- So the Hazadi managed to fullfill the ceremony... what do the adventures in Marcuria on Arcadia have to do with the main storyline of the game? Not much I guess... maybe it's just to make the players know how the situation in Arcadia is since The Longest Journey? Or maybe it's connected to Dreamnet somehow...

- What's the Undreaming? Seems to be unchained B)

- I love how the second last chapter is called The Longest Journey, that was the last chapter from the first game. The Last chapter is called Dreamfall now. I hope the third last chapter in the sequel gets called The Longest Journey, the second last Dreamfall, and the last chapter gets the same name as the name of the sequel itself? That would be very consistent B)

- Brian Westhouse = the "thing" that is supposed to kill the White Kin? The white kin told something wants her... and after the credits you can see something "killing" her. Brian Westhouse was there, so.... B) And she also talked about Westhouse being "familiar" (misleading the player with "love"?). Ok sorry this is my advanced thinking B)

- The steam machines are still running in uninhabited areas?

That's all I can think of, for now.
By the way, the storyline is very good, but predictable at times... like that the Azadi would show up in the "hidden village" after that Apostle showed up on the pier as "the messenger". He was supposed to be followed. But I didn't think it was a big deal. Maybe they should've made it much less obvious he was followed instead of spending 5 minutes to show how the Apostle and that other guy hate each other, and then another conversation about how he has to be followed between that guy and that woman in the tower.

The game was lengthy enough to be very satisfying, even considering it was easy.

User is offline   avatar_58 

- In the beginning, I thought Brian Westhouse died? That kind of "chaos" that came. The problem (well, not really a problem, but just the "thing") with this game is the sequences aren't chronological, it makes it much harder to understand, but also makes the game more mysterious. I love how you experienced Brian Westhouse's story first-hand though. The one he told about in The Longest Journey (also a little bit in Dreamfall even), how he went from Stark to Acradia.

The beginning sequence was back before TLJ1 when Brian first met Manny Chavez (cortez) and went to Arcadia. I would guess that the undreaming (that black thing) corrupted or became Brian even before TLJ. Why? Who knows...

- I thought the big boss of WATI lost his sensors because of that girl? (He hates the girl). How come he loses them completely now the girl (Faith) is GONE?

It might have been that he needed her to see through the static/wire and didn't realize it. It could also have been that WATI corp knew they didn't need him and silenced his senses and then finally murdered him.

- Why does Zoë have to die?

Maybe shes not dead, maybe she was expected to take the little girl's place but instead ended up in Storytime. Who knows.

- Brian Westhouse = the "thing" that is supposed to kill the White Kin? The white kin told something wants her... and after the credits you can see something "killing" her. Brian Westhouse was there, so.... smile.gif And she also talked about Westhouse being "familiar" (misleading the player with "love"?). Ok sorry this is my advanced thinking biggrin.gif

Ah, but did you hear those bird wings during the 'kidnap/murder'? I don't know who attacked her, but my guess is crow might have been working with Westhouse/Undreaming. Wierd isn't it?

Don't worry Cerb they have left TONS open for a sequel. Lets just hope Ragnar gets his chance.

Remember though - April might not be dead. Why?

*The woman in TLJ mgiht have been april telling her story. Her name was Lady Alvane (Khian Alvane - related? Married? Could it be Zoe?)
*She can breath underwater due to the myruem (sp?).

I really liked the story and I hope TL3 comes.

avatar_58, on Jun 12 2006, 03:55 AM, said:

Remember though - April might not be dead. Why?

*The woman in TLJ mgiht have been april telling her story. Her name was Lady Alvane (Khian Alvane - related? Married? Could it be Zoe?)
*She can breath underwater due to the myruem (sp?).

* I've always thought it was April. You mean the old woman April saw when going through the mistery door, right?
* The Maerum. Yes, good thinking! :) But she got a spear in her chest though, and there are those crocodiles in the water...
However, since this is fiction, they will ALWAYS find an excuse. Maybe that's going to be one of those intermezzo's in TLJ3... just like the one with how Westhouse went to Arcadia B)

Also, there is that thing with Reza:
Zoe: "Careful dad, that's not him!"

Cerberus_e, on Jun 12 2006, 05:22 AM, said:

Also, there is that thing with Reza:
Zoe: "Careful dad, that's not him!"
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well remember the fatman stole his dreams and thoughts, so maybe Reza is just a shell with someone else controlling him.

Also they never said what happened to Damien...

avatar_58, on Jun 12 2006, 10:03 PM, said:

Well remember the fatman stole his dreams and thoughts, so maybe Reza is just a shell with someone else controlling him.

Also they never said what happened to Damien...
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not to mention they never said whether the former Apostle will have a marked grave or not :)

Well I think the way they left it so open basically begs for a sequel. Ragnar agress, but has yet to put anything on paper yet. I think the next game could be amazing if he listens to the feedback and adds more interaction and puzzles, while continuing the story.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options