Duke4.net Forums: Two-way train glitch - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Two-way train glitch

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

In a map I am currently checking, there is a spaceship in a hangar which you activate with a switch in a nearby control room. It's realized as a two-way train which simply disappears. In the classic renderer, the skybox is hiding the "garage" where it is going, in Polymer it is visible. But that is not the problem I want to address. The real issue is that not all sectors are moving with the ship, causing an ugly rendering glitch in Polymer (classic is much more tolerant and does not show this).

There were a few sectors on the ship which were probably incorrectly tagged with lotag 3131 instead of 31, but correcting that did not fix the issue. Any helpful advice would be highly appreciated.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Are there a lot of included maps which were made for the software renderer and exhibit isses in 32-bit?

It seems to me it would be easier, and maybe more appropriate, to display a brief warning screen when loading one of those projects which says something like "This release was designed for use with the 8-bit software renderer. There may be occasional graphical glitches when running it in a 32-bit graphics mode."

• The Truth is in here

Well, it's definitely a trick with the software renderer that is used here. In Polymer, you cannot use the skybox to hide level parts like that.
Polymer is very sensitive when it comes to such tricks, and I guess you cannot always make it look the way it does in software mode.

To me, it looks like not all parts of the ship are moving. Doesn't seem like a renderer glitch in that case, it just doesn't matter in classic.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Polymer mode some stuff cannot be done such as using sky to hide stuff.
Those windows I make in my mod that I use inv sky so mob doesn't react when u're on other side, you cannot hurt them with radius from this windows.
Doesn't work in polymer mode only in polymost mode or windows becomes "sky" and or makes weird things

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 17 February 2018 - 12:18 AM

• The Truth is in here

So I guess bottom line is: Complex two-way trains like this are impossible to pull off flawlessly in Polymer? I mean, it's clear to see that this isn't one of the usual trains we usually see, e.g. in "Darkside".

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Did you try in polymost mode?

• The Truth is in here

It works in Polymost. Seems to be a Polymer-only thing.

User is offline   Mark 

View PostZaxtor, on 17 February 2018 - 12:18 AM, said:

Polymer mode some stuff cannot be done such as using sky to hide stuff.
Doesn't work in polymer mode only in polymost mode or windows becomes "sky" and or makes weird things

I remember having to use version 5293 in Decay because anything later had the issue of stuff clipping through a skybox on occasion. As far as I know its never been fixed. I just tried with the latest version and the issue is still there in the first map.

• The Truth is in here

Forgot to mention: There is also no corruption in this map, at least not at this spot. Polymer is often also unforgiving with certain types of corruption.

In this case, it purely seems to be related to Polymer, I guess.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options