Duke4.net Forums: Aligning weapon to edge of screen - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Aligning weapon to edge of screen

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

For a mod, I would need to align a hud weapon (in this case, a replacement for the Mighty Boot, tiles 2521/2522) to the edge of the right screen. This is supposed to be done because the weapon graphics are cut and I want to make them widescreen-friendly. Any fast coding solution for this would be appreciated.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

You can get the aspect ratio from the constantly updated gamevars.

• The Truth is in here

That's great, but I am afraid it would need to be a bit more specific. It's not like I am doing con coding on a daily basis... :dukecigar:

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

We currently don't have any way to request pinning an HUD sprite that the game does not already. You would have to take my weapons.con.sample and add orientation flag 512 to the draw calls for weapon 0.

Would it not be possible to post a request for widescreenification of the tile in question? It would be easier in the long run.

If not, we can look at adding an easy way somehow. The WEAPON*_FLAGS gamevars might be a good fit.

• The Truth is in here

Well, to be precise, it's the sword from "The Quest for Al-Qa'eda"/"The Quest for Hussein". Only the first tile (#2521, idle mode) is needed. I can post the tile here tomorrow if you guys cannot extract it by yourselves.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 17 January 2018 - 11:19 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I've pinged Jimmy about it.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Can't believe those mods were made.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Enjoy, fam. I didn't test it but that should be enough of a widescreen extension, if not let me know. I also edited out the Shadow Warrior gauntlets. It's not perfect but it's a Petrilla game so I don't care to work on this any further (unless it needs more extension.) These sprites would also work for Petrilla's Pillage & Plunder demo.

Posted Image Posted Image

• The Truth is in here

Excellent work! This is even better than a code-based solution. Thanks to Jimmy and Hendricks (the combination of these two nicks just sounds right)! ^^

This post has been edited by NightFright: 18 January 2018 - 02:24 AM

• The Truth is in here

Can someone maybe poke Jimmy? I sent him a few graphics to make widescreen, but looks like he hasn't read my PM since a few weeks now...

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Yeah man I've been busy. I'll work on them pretty soon. Got some free time for once.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options