Duke4.net Forums: Multiplayer, coop, and MP options - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Multiplayer, coop, and MP options

User is offline   Bloodshot 

I have recently started playing blood (only ever played the demo back in the day) and i switched to bloodGDX and it's quite great. I have a few questions about MP -

Is MP support planned? And if it is, will there be any sort of customization options for it?

I was trying to play blood coop with a friend through DOSBOX and while it works, there's two major issues - there doesn't seem to be a way to turn off friendly fire, and you lose all your weapons when you die.

Basically i'd like to see if gdx ever gets MP/coop support options to turn off friendly fire, retain your inventory on death, stuff like that.

Ideally there'd be a network saving feature like Quake and Doom have but i know that'd be significantly harder to implement so i won't hold my breath on that one

User is offline   TheXna 

Mods like survival or invasion would be a great addition too, but yeah, friendly fire is a pain in the ass sometimes.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

I expect that multiplayer will be the last feature added to BloodGDX.

User is offline   Avoozl 

IIRC the original Blood did have co-op, I really hope that it isn't left out.

User is offline   m210® 

I didn't reverse-engineered multiplayer code of Blood yet, and it's harder, then Single player part. So, I need a lot of time to make it, but I will work on it in future :)

This post has been edited by M210: 02 March 2018 - 02:03 AM

User is offline   Phredreeke 

It makes sense to finish single player Blood first. Once you add multiplayer, any changes towards the game's logic will have to be tested against multiplayer too. That would be very challenging given M210's programming environment.

User is offline   SPILL 

I think it is rather dumb that people keep requesting that you don't loose your inventory when you die in coop. Do you realize how stupid you sound? lol. You DIED. There is a penalty for dying. You can't just take away the risk factor of the whole game lol. I can't believe I'm even hearing this hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

User is offline   SPILL 

I'm still rolling on the floor after reading this lol. You might as well request to remove dying altogether in coop lol

User is offline   Perro Seco 

View PostBloodshot, on 16 January 2018 - 04:35 PM, said:

you lose all your weapons when you die.
I think that happens in almost all FPS games. :)

This post has been edited by Perro Seco: 02 March 2018 - 03:56 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options