Duke4.net Forums: What areas from the Duke Nukem games should be in the movie? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What areas from the Duke Nukem games should be in the movie?  "Which areas from any Duke Nukem game would you like to see recreated o"

I was going to do a poll on which levels from Duke 3D you would like to see in the movie, but I decided to expand my question to envelope the entirety of the franchise. Personally, I think Flood Zone would be an interesting place to recreate.

User is offline   Sanek 

I would like to see The Abyss - imagine how epic it can be!
However, if there will ever be a Duke Nukem movie, Red Light District will be recreated, no doubt about that. :dukecigar:

User is offline   Mark 

I say go for what made you famous. Include HH as a small part of the overall set. Its probably what people outside the duke community recognize the most. That and the strippers. Many levels are way too small to support an entire set IMO. Don't quote me on that. I haven't played all maps very much and certainly not lately.

User is offline   Maisth 

I would like to see Dark Side recreated, its one of my favorite levels from episode 2.

User is offline   pacman 

what movie?

View Postpacman, on 17 January 2018 - 03:23 PM, said:

what movie?

The Duke Nukem movie, whenever they get around to making it.

There won't be a Duke movie in this climate. Maybe a sexless Duke 64-style treatment and released as PG-13. Formally mature content being released as PG-13 was all the rage for a while (Die Hard 4, 5, recent Terminators). If Gearbox doesn't understand Duke, Hollywood won't either. A fan web-series would be better.

View Posthismasterplan, on 17 January 2018 - 03:50 PM, said:

There won't be a Duke movie in this climate. Maybe a sexless Duke 64-style treatment and released as PG-13. Formally mature content being released as PG-13 was all the rage for a while (Die Hard 4, 5, recent Terminators). If Gearbox doesn't understand Duke, Hollywood won't either. A fan web-series would be better.

You're underestimating the Duke fan base. If someone gets dedicated enough, they could make their way into the movie business and be a part of the Duke movie... God know's I'm trying. Look at Deadpool, John Wick, The Expendables (The third one was Pg-13, and they regretted that). All of those movies are pretty great R-rated action movies. Thanks to Deadpool, R-rated movies are making a decent comeback. With Cameron back in charge, the new Terminator will probably be R again... Look, I'm not saying that Duke won't be ruined by the feminazis in Hollywood, but never underestimate the fans. Going back to Deadpool, which is the closest thing I have to compare to Duke right now, the company was unsure of making it because of the nature of the content, and almost cancelled the film. Ryan Reynolds, a huge fan of the character, funded a good chunk of the movie himself, and ultimately the movie was a huge success, largely due to the fact that the fans wanted to movie, and really pushed for it to be made. Fans can be a powerful force when they all push for the same thing. Duke might be just what we need right now. Another Deadpool like film, not the comedy but the content. Something that pushes the barriers of what it considered 'okay' in this generation, but nothing political. Just a movie where Duke can be Duke. Worry about the feminazis and SJWs later. I'm ranting now.... back to what I was saying. A Duke movie can happen, but only if Gearbox gets the right people involved, and ignores the political correctness of this generation.

P.S. Just letting ya know, Die Hard 5 (A Good Day to Die Hard) was rated R... not saying it to be rude, just informing. :dukecigar:

User is offline   NNC 

Hollywood Holocaust, Red Light District, Death Row, The Abyss, Spaceport, Fusion Station, Dark Side (with the Overlord), Stadium, Duke Burger, Area 51, Derelict (with the Queen).

This post has been edited by Nancsi: 19 January 2018 - 07:25 AM

User is offline   Dacoolguy 

View PostNever Forgotten, on 15 January 2018 - 01:03 PM, said:

I was going to do a poll on which levels from Duke 3D you would like to see in the movie, but I decided to expand my question to envelope the entirety of the franchise. Personally, I think Flood Zone would be an interesting place to recreate.

Flood Zone is cool too but here's my suggestion that also has something related to a type of flood and aaa... particular zone...
I suggest that they bring the Duke pissing in a toilet sequence from Duke 3d and stretch it for the entire duration of the movie.
Just like they did that FPS sequence in the Doom movie, I suggest they also do an FPS sequence in this movie but for the entire duration of the picture, where we can see Duke taking a piss in a toilet for 2 hours and in that toilet I want to see a photo with the face of Randy Pitchford and Michael Bay kissing...
Duke should prove to all of his viewers that he can take a 2 hour long piss without intrreruptions, because if he truly does have balls of steel then he also probably has a steel bladder and a steel prostate.
Just have him drink beers one after another with one hand and take a piss for 2 hours straight chaining them together and convert them into piss ready to wet the faces of the two most useless people related to this franchise and to movies in general.
Randy Pitchford and Michael Bay.
At the end of the movie, after 2 hours have passed with Duke pissing on their faces in a toilet, Duke is supposed to say, Aaahhh much bettter! and then an abrupt "The End" screen suddenly appears yellow text on a black background that pops with this sound effect ,
leaving a profound mystery for the viewers, that will ask themselves if that was Duke taking a wet fart after taking a piss or the Transformers sound effect...
Such a profound question at the end will have made the movie both unique and inquisitive, almost psychological to a degree.
It also has chances at winning a Golden Shower... I mean Globe or something...

This post has been edited by Dacoolguy: 23 January 2018 - 04:58 AM

User is offline   Dacoolguy 

Sorry for double post.

This post has been edited by Dacoolguy: 23 January 2018 - 04:54 AM

User is offline   NNC 

I'm not sure what part of the Duke storyline they want to adapt. DNF1, DNF2, DN3D (and which part of it, a feature film can't present all 3 main campaigns) or DNF and its DLC.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Do we have any reason to believe that the people producing the movie give a fuck about the history of Duke Nukem?

View PostTrooper Dan, on 29 January 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

Do we have any reason to believe that the people producing the movie give a fuck about the history of Duke Nukem?

Nah. They are just gonna fill it with boobs, so self-proclaimed Duke fains who never cared about Duke or what made Duke Nukem 3D great in the first place (namely, interactivity) will gladly part themselves from their money and go around saying HERP DERP BEWBS ARE TEH ESSENCE OF DOOK NOOKAM!!!111

To those people, I say "wall boobs in DNF are just for you". To everyone else, I say that the areas I would like to see in the movie are E1L6 from Lameduke, which looks more like a real city than any Duke Nukem 3D level, and the Dark Side level from Duke Nukem 3D.

This post has been edited by Altered Reality: 29 January 2018 - 02:43 PM

Derelict from the Atomic Edition would be an interesting one to feature in the movie, even if "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" already opened with a fight onboard a ship.

User is offline   Dan 

The Hive.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options