Duke4.net Forums: Come check out my second map - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Come check out my second map  "testers wanted"

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

started this last version - in the initial caves - on the way back back from getting the pipebomb
two spawned atomic healths is way over the top. I think you're just messing around now.
If you want to be serious - maybe a couple tens/colas instead.

This post has been edited by Forge: 09 February 2018 - 09:27 PM

User is offline   Forge 

the bit with the jetpak on the island - - optionally that section could use another pair of boots somewhere in it

don't forget to include a text template with your final release.

User is online   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

Wanted to download this map but it says I need a premium account to do so.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostMike Norvak, on 11 February 2018 - 08:54 AM, said:

Wanted to download this map but it says I need a premium account to do so.

weird. doesn't even ask me that. slow download or turbo for $ are the only two options I get.

-map attached-

Attached File(s)

My map is finished and I published it here:
https://www.dukemaps.net/?p=9758

User is offline   Poorchop 

This was a bit brutal compared to the earlier versions. I was kind of surprised to see a huge increase in the number and types of enemies during certain ambushes. Luckily there wasn't any shortage of ammo. I was also kind of surprised that most of the military compound portion was completely cut out from the map. I honestly thought that area in the first iteration was pretty good and deserved to be part of the release but I guess it wasn't as simple as a copy/paste into the new map. Having played a few more user maps somewhat recently, I think that this stacks up pretty well.

I did notice that there is one area where you can get crushed. After you get the first jet pack and make your way over to the cracked wall, there is a section of rock above the toxic sludge. I thought that it was a secret so I crouched under it and it killed my instantly. I think that Forge also mentioned tagging the sludge with a property to remove fall damage and that would've helped towards the start. With the increased number of troopers, Octabrains, and Enforcers, armed with only a pistol for most of this section, health was very precious and I died on one attempt falling into the sludge in order to avoid the onslaught of enemies.

User is offline   Forge 

occasionally this happens

http://www.scent-88....uke/demduke.php

View PostForge, on 27 March 2018 - 06:51 AM, said:

occasionally this happens

http://www.scent-88....uke/demduke.php

Cool... The Duke community like my maps, the feedback from you guys helped make my maps better.
Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it.

User is offline   Steambull 

Hi, I'm stuck after having pressed two buttons: one in the room with the shotgun and another in the room you reach thru the window with jetpack. A fun bit of challenge so far, having to conserve even inventory items.

edit: Never mind, I didn't realize I had found another pipe bomb during that spawn battle (for the crack). Some of the sentry drone spawns dealt me unfair damage at the end, but I mostly enjoyed the gameplay experience. Only 2 / 6 secrets found.

This post has been edited by Steambull: 31 March 2018 - 01:50 PM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostSteambull, on 31 March 2018 - 01:06 PM, said:

Hi, I'm stuck after having pressed two buttons: one in the room with the shotgun and another in the room you reach thru the window with jetpack. A fun bit of challenge so far, having to conserve even inventory items.

iirc, you're supposed to blow up the wall-crack at the top of the ooze falls & follow the vent shaft to get to the third switch.
failing that, if you have the jetpack, you can go back to that dark chasm with all the jumping & rock climbing in it. At one end is a cylinder that you can shoot - it opens a hole into the vent system & can be reached by flying up to it.

This post has been edited by Forge: 31 March 2018 - 01:47 PM

User is offline   Steambull 

View PostForge, on 31 March 2018 - 01:47 PM, said:

iirc, you're supposed to blow up the wall-crack at the top of the ooze falls & follow the vent shaft to get to the third switch.
failing that, if you have the jetpack, you can go back to that dark chasm with all the jumping & rock climbing in it. At one end is a cylinder that you can shoot - it opens a hole into the vent system & can be reached by flying up to it.

Edited my post just at the same time, but thanks anyway. Good thing if there's an alternative way, because even though the level teaches to save pipebombs, one could easily think it was there for the fight (and save after killing enemies).

Damn, I feel like I've played this is a campaign

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options