Duke4.net Forums: Problems adding attachments. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Problems adding attachments.

I'm trying to upload my new map, and the TILES, music, USER.Con, in a ZIP file, but every time I do, it says: "Error No file was selected for upload." What am I doing wrong?

User is offline   Mark 

Is there still a 20MB limit on attachments in threads? Could that be the problem?

View PostMark., on 02 January 2018 - 02:09 PM, said:

Is there still a 20MB limit on attachments in threads? Could that be the problem?

Yes, there is a limit, but my file is 12.8MB. It should fit perfectly fine...

User is offline   Hank 

I'll try
1. Choose File
2. Attach This File. ( I think this is the step you may have missed)
3. Add To Post

Attached image showing all three steps.

Attached Image: Upload03.jpg

This post has been edited by Hank: 02 January 2018 - 03:57 PM

View PostHank, on 02 January 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

I'll try
1. Choose File
2. Attach This File. ( I think this is the step you may have missed)
3. Add To Post

Attached image showing all three steps.

Attachment Upload03.jpg

I choose my file, then I click attach, it uploads, then error.

User is offline   Kyanos 

I think the file size limit is 10MB IIRC

User is offline   Hank 

I stand corrected. :D Drek might be right, even so the site here reads 20MB limit

I get the same trying to upload a zip file over 10MB (16MB to be exact)
Under 10MB it works

This post has been edited by Hank: 02 January 2018 - 05:20 PM

I am trying to add an attachment to a reply to my own thread and it simply doesn't work. The browse for file appears to work, but nothing else happens and the file name appears in the selection name box almost invisibly greyed out. The attachment size is 45KiB and it's a plain .zip file. Am I doing something stupidly wrong?

This post has been edited by Martin Howe: 13 April 2020 - 10:51 AM

User is offline   Mark 

Just to double check that your account allows attachments, try it with a simple jpg pic.

This post has been edited by Mark: 13 April 2020 - 01:14 PM

View PostMark, on 13 April 2020 - 01:14 PM, said:

Just to double check that your account allows attachments, try it with a simple jpg pic.

Thanks Mark, no go. But the OP in my thread did have an attachment which the board allowed me to load with no problems; it's still there. Surely if any of the admins had reason to cancel my ability to add attachents, they'd have told me? Unless there's been some sort of craziness in a recent Chrome update, I can't think what might be the problem as I haven't changed any of my Chrome extensions or anything.

EDIT: Definitely a Chrome problem then, on Linux at least - I tried if with FF and it worked fine.

Am going to try and add something here has a test with bare chrome and no extensions, so please ignore it when I do, thanks.

OK, thanks for the suggestions. Looks like one of my chrome extensions' behaviour has changed, probably an update. Have to review them all ... what fun ;)

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Martin Howe: 14 April 2020 - 10:33 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options