• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3d Realms is not closing :)

User is offline   Clord 

http://www.shacknews...article.x/58681

This post has been edited by Clord: 18 May 2009 - 01:05 PM

User is offline   Ras 

The saga continues. :P

Along these lines, can I mention something I observed today (in spoilers for those who don't want to know):

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Ras: 18 May 2009 - 01:32 PM

HELL YEAH this was definetely worth wating 14 days for. This will not go well for T2

User is offline   Redcard 

View Poststorm8ring3r, on May 18 2009, 02:34 PM, said:

HELL YEAH this was definetely worth wating 14 days for. This will not go well for T2

I like how he says they provided not a dime, and then turns around and talks about continual funding and mutually agreed upon milestones.

I bet this will reveal itself in court.

User is offline   Sangman 

That is good news. Are there any chances of them getting some of the ex-employees back in if they haven't been hired yet by the time they regroup?

User is offline   Ras 

I'm sure it's possible, assuming they haven't filled in all their slots. They'll have to go through all of the processes to hire them back, of course, but that's no different than hiring someone new. It doesn't sound like they'll be able to pick right back up on DNF until things shake out with the courts, though. <== based on reading the report at shack and not the entire press release yet

User is offline   cryptonx 

View PostRas, on May 19 2009, 12:42 AM, said:

I'm sure it's possible, assuming they haven't filled in all their slots. They'll have to go through all of the processes to hire them back, of course, but that's no different than hiring someone new. It doesn't sound like they'll be able to pick right back up on DNF until things shake out with the courts, though. <== based on reading the report at shack and not the entire press release yet

hmm " developing news story " ..

I hope they dont ditch DNF .. and focus on crappy no one cares about mobile ports of Duke .

this is going to be a LONG LONG fight ...

User is offline   Ramen4ever 

Sounds like Take 2 was trying to fuck 3dr. I hope T2 gets owned in court.
/that is all

User is offline   cryptonx 

someone contact Warren Buffet !

User is offline   Ras 

View Postcryptonx, on May 18 2009, 04:45 PM, said:

I hope they dont ditch DNF .. and focus on crappy no one cares about mobile ports of Duke .

I bought one of the mobile games and hated it. :P You'd basically be hit by enemy fire the second they appeared on the screen, and they kept spawning. Not fun.

View PostRedcard, on May 18 2009, 10:38 PM, said:

I like how he says they provided not a dime, and then turns around and talks about continual funding and mutually agreed upon milestones.

This is talking about two different thing, they had not received a dime from but were negotiating to change that fact. But the negotiations fell through.

User is offline   Psyrgery 

THIS IS EPIC.

3DREALMS HAS BALLS OF STEEL

If the quality of their balls would determine the outcome.. that would be promising.

This post has been edited by Ramen4ever: 18 May 2009 - 01:59 PM

User is offline   supergoofy 

When you pay someone you keep a receipt of the payment. If T2 has these receipts then 3D Realms is going down. But if T2 doesn't have such receipts then they should start paying or else.....

View Postsupergoofy, on May 18 2009, 03:06 PM, said:

When you pay someone you keep a receipt of the payment. If T2 has these receipts then 3D Realms is going down. But if T2 doesn't have such receipts then they should start paying or else.....

receipts.. lol
Bank Statements and records. They are kind of permanent. :P

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Not even that...They said they spent 20 million on this thing and Take2 provided all of 2 million and has no real backing for their claims. I bet when this this hits the initial court in June things get real clear.

Of course, if 3DR wins out...what happens to Take2?

User is offline   Alhexx 

View PostRedcard, on May 18 2009, 11:38 PM, said:

He said that they didn't get any money from the $12m when T2 bought the contract from GT/Infogrames back in 2000, and I assume that this is the sum that T2 is sueing for. He never said that they didn't get any money at all from T2...

This post has been edited by Alhexx: 18 May 2009 - 02:16 PM

Let's hope they didn't meet their lawyers playing WoW.

They sued someone for making a unauthorized Duke 3D expansion, otherwise no major court dealings, right?

User is offline   BxB402 

Sounds to me like T2 tried to screw them out of the franchise and the game by letting them fall apart. STICK IT TO 'EM HARD 3DR! TAKE NO PRISONERS!

User is offline   Tedades 

"Always Bet On Duke" :P

User is offline   ShXIII 

Stupid 3DR JUST SELL THE FUCKING FRANCHISE SO a developer can actually finish the game, don't you people understand that all this means is that this is more excuses to NOT release the game. These fucking owners are going to take DNF to the grave and leave all of us supporters in the dust. For those of you who think "but the game is almost done they might release it still" stop fooling yourselves by the time all this dusts settles from legal mumbo jumbo the engine/gameplay for DNF will once again be "obsolete" hence leaving us where have been these many number of years STILL FUCKING WAITING.

Stop blaming take two for the game getting put on hold they did the right thing, AS IF ANY COMPANY IN THERE RIGHT MIND would give money to 3DR when they don't have the competence to release a game in under a decade, hence the only other option is to buy them out and actually deliver the product (created with the original development team) that WE have all been waiting for for so long.

FUCK YOU 3DREALMS

If they only spent 20 mill on DNF they should have plenty of money left over. Somethings not adding up.

User is offline   johndough 

If 3DR wins this lawsuit, they should counter-sue Take-Two for damages.
They had to shut down development and fire everybody.

User is offline   ShXIII 

View Postjohndough, on May 18 2009, 08:22 PM, said:

If 3DR wins this lawsuit, they should counter-sue Take-Two for damages.
They had to shut down development and fire everybody.

Wrong..... Take two offered to take the original development team TO ACTUALLY FINISH THE GAME. 3DR said no its there fucking fault the developers lost there job and DNF once again gets the inevitable delayed

This post has been edited by Alan: 19 May 2009 - 03:16 AM

User is offline   Reaper_Man 

• Once and Future King

All of you 3DR haters kind of amaze me. I think you're on the wrong site if you are seriously on Take Two's side.

That said, I BELIEVE.

User is offline   johndough 

View PostShXIII, on May 18 2009, 07:23 PM, said:

Wrong..... STOP BEING SO BLIND TO THE FACTS!!!! Take two offered to take the original development team TO ACTUALLY FINISH THE GAME. 3DR said no its there fucking fault the developers lost there job and DNF once again gets the inevitable delayed

Why don't you just leave?
Quit being a negative, screaming troll.

User is offline   BxB402 

View PostShXIII, on May 18 2009, 07:23 PM, said:

Wrong..... STOP BEING SO BLIND TO THE FACTS!!!! Take two offered to take the original development team TO ACTUALLY FINISH THE GAME. 3DR said no its there fucking fault the developers lost there job and DNF once again gets the inevitable delayed

They refused to help them finish the game, and wanted to take the dev team AND the duke nukem name. That is basically T2 saying "We won't help you finish the game, but we will give you a really unfair price and take everything you have and leave you with almost nothing"

3Dr said "Go fuck yourself" like any self respecting developer would to that kind of offer.

User is offline   ShXIII 

ok you people keep on defending 3dr, I'm just going by the obvious that we will never see DNF if it stay in 3DR's hands. Have you forgotten how long this game has been in "development"

View PostShXIII, on May 19 2009, 01:23 AM, said:

3DR did this to protect Duke, they suspected that Take Two (the name seems like a clue to their business tactics) had some future foul play at hand and were trying to milk 3D Realms to get Duke.

Lol don't Take Two (much) know that Duke is in fact made up from thousands and thousands of 3DR shaped polygons?

User is offline   Reaper_Man 

• Once and Future King

View PostShXIII, on May 18 2009, 08:31 PM, said:

ok you people keep on defending 3dr, I'm just going by the obvious that we will never see DNF if it stay in 3DR's hands. Have you forgotten how long this game has been in "development"

Yes, we all know. Most of us here have been following it since it's announcement a decade ago. We're still sticking by their side because we're fans. This is a fan site. Maybe you didn't realize that with all of the Duke Nukem images and threads around?

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options