https://www.mediafir...s_orchestra.zip
https://www.youtube....h?v=rgTgNvJicXY

The Mark McWane Blood Project
https://www.mediafir.../mus_mcwane.zip
https://www.youtube....h?v=--iaIH4DS5s

How to install:
— put .zip archive into autoload folder

——— CUSTOM CAMPAIGNS ———

Most of the existing custom campaigns should work with BGDX out of the box, but some mods come with their own installers that can't be simply put into mods folder or even installed without DosBox.
For said mods, look for "Rescripted" or "BloodGDX Ready" versions.

http://www.moddb.com...-bloodgdx-ready

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 25 February 2018 - 02:14 AM

User is offline   Newken 

Thanks! Can you confirm this bug?

User is offline   XxMiltenXx 

I have converted the Blood CD music to OGG. Is there anyway to let them play in the exact same order as defined in Blood.ini, and if so, how must I define it?

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostXxMiltenXx, on 26 December 2017 - 10:51 AM, said:

I have converted the Blood CD music to OGG. Is there anyway to let them play in the exact same order as defined in Blood.ini, and if so, how must I define it?

If you own Steam or GOG version, the CD music is already there and will be loaded automatically. Otherwise, just drop blood02.ogg - blood09.ogg files into the game folder.

This post has been edited by fgsfds: 26 December 2017 - 11:25 AM

User is offline   XxMiltenXx 

Thanks, that did the trick.

I do own the GoG version as well, but the music within the Blood GoG folder is not named like that and wasn't loaded by BloodGDX.

User is offline   Tiddalick 

I put this link elsewhere, it makes sense to put it here.

https://steamcommuni...s/?id=292092069

That is a guide to 'fixing' the music of the GOG/Steam releases. It has high quality rips of the music there as well.

User is offline   Mere_Duke 

Oh, here's the thread to post it to. A BloodGDX-ready packs to play Legends of Iconoclast Remake Part 1 & 2.
Moddb Page

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostMere_Duke, on 11 March 2018 - 09:55 AM, said:

Oh, here's the thread to post it to. A BloodGDX-ready packs to play Legends of Iconoclast Remake Part 1 & 2.
Moddb Page

I don't think it needs bloodgdx version. Original download already works with no problems.

This post has been edited by fgsfds: 11 March 2018 - 11:12 AM

Lol, yes. Just tested it and it works but I don't know why, I thought the port can't recognize subfolders in zip-files (my cutscenes didn't work like that). Anyway, at least some patches were applied.

EDIT: Now I probably understand the case. It all works like that: BloodGDX gathers all files in a zip-file adding them virtually to the root BloodGDX folder.

This post has been edited by Mere_Duke: 11 March 2018 - 02:48 PM

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I will put my question here since it's about addon packs:

How does BloodGDX handle RFFs of addons? Do you have to integrate .raw files into Blood's sounds.rff like you used to do in the DOS times or it's enough to bundle them to an .rff without the Blood sounds? And if doing so, would the RFF file name matter (e.g. would it need to be another sounds.rff or can it be anything, like blablubb.rff)?

This post has been edited by NightFright: 12 March 2018 - 03:17 AM

User is offline   fgsfds 

You can just drop a bunch of raw (or any other) files and rfs script in the mod folder. They'll load anyway.
About rff. You don't need the original files inside, and rff can have any name.

This post has been edited by fgsfds: 12 March 2018 - 03:50 AM

• The Truth is in here

Great to know!

Btw, what's the "load zip from main folder" supposed to do? I experimented with it by zipping the Cryptic Passage maps, but BloodGDX would not recognize them. According to the log, the file content is loaded somehow.

?
The CP maps does not suppose to be loaded using the zip+autoload folder system, they should be in the main Blood folder. Zip in autoload is for custom levels (even those who eventually use CP or different art), music (apart for the CD music that must be in the main folder too) and HRP packs.

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 12 March 2018 - 10:52 AM

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostNightFright, on 12 March 2018 - 10:38 AM, said:

Btw, what's the "load zip from main folder" supposed to do?

Zipped mods/campaigns can be loaded from the root folder. Nothing too exciting.

View PostFantinaikos, on 12 March 2018 - 10:46 AM, said:

Zip in autoload is for custom levels

Readme clearly says that autoload IS NOT for custom levels. Any maps/campaigns go into their own folders and are loaded manually.

And I want to add that zip files are to contain specific content that shouldn't be loaded at every launch. For example, if the mod has only map files, you can drop them into the root BloodGDX folder along with the ini file, but when you have specific sounds replacing some default ones, you can't drop them to the root folder because you don't want them to be loaded for, say, the default campaign.
Also, different mods may contain different files with the same name (some .raw files, for example). Since there is no way to organize subfolders, the only way to store them is to put each in a separate addon-specific zip.

This post has been edited by Mere_Duke: 12 March 2018 - 11:18 AM

Yes it's the same "new game > user content" navigation method, I puttting the custom episode zip in autoload to not have a main folder with archive around. If there is risk or fear that they could overwrite somethig or not executed correctly they can be always placed and loaded somewhere else.

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 12 March 2018 - 11:20 AM

• The Truth is in here

I am just asking this because I am shocked how cluttered the Blood file structure is. Really missing the clean organization of a Duke3D or Shadow Warrior here where you badically just need the groupfile for a port.

I know that maps shouldn't go to autoload, I am just trying to find a way to group files like I am used to. However, it seems Blood puts a few restrictions here which even BloodGDX cannot really cover. Not that it has to or I would expect it to. My "organizational" nature just feels a bit disappointed, that's all. :)

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostNightFright, on 12 March 2018 - 01:31 PM, said:

I am just asking this because I am shocked how cluttered the Blood file structure is. Really missing the clean organization of a Duke3D or Shadow Warrior here where you badically just need the groupfile for a port.

Monolith was like "Group files? Who needs those?"

How do you install the custom campaigns?

• The Truth is in here

Those which are "GDX ready" can just be copied into the BloodGDX dir (in a subdir ofc). Then choose "User Content" ingame, navigate to the subdir and execute the ini file of the addon.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 13 March 2018 - 09:53 AM

View PostNightFright, on 12 March 2018 - 01:31 PM, said:

I know that maps shouldn't go to autoload, I am just trying to find a way to group files like I am used to. However, it seems Blood puts a few restrictions here which even BloodGDX cannot really cover. Not that it has to or I would expect it to. My "organizational" nature just feels a bit disappointed, that's all. :)

Hah, if you think this structure is cluttered, you clearly have never tried to organize something under DOS-version of Blood B)

View PostNightFright, on 13 March 2018 - 09:53 AM, said:

Those which are "GDX ready" can just be copied into the BloodGDX dir (in a subdir ofc). Then choose "User Content" ingame, navigate to the subdir and execute the ini file of the addon.

Those like "LOI GDX-ready" may work without extracting their contents into the subdir.

This post has been edited by Mere_Duke: 15 March 2018 - 02:40 PM

• The Truth is in here

You can even zip everything and just have the ini file in the addon subdir. I tried that and it works. However, I also keep rff files outside of zipfiles to save memory (as recommended by M210).

View PostNightFright, on 16 March 2018 - 08:29 AM, said:

You can even zip everything and just have the ini file in the addon subdir. I tried that and it works. However, I also keep rff files outside of zipfiles to save memory (as recommended by M210).

The names of the zip and ini files may not be the same it that case, right?

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostMere_Duke, on 17 March 2018 - 06:36 AM, said:

The names of the zip and ini files may not be the same it that case, right?

Yes. You can even have multiple inis inside of a single zip. FAITD for example.

View PostNightFright, on 16 March 2018 - 08:29 AM, said:

You can even zip everything and just have the ini file in the addon subdir. I tried that and it works.

Why would you keep ini outside of a zip?

This post has been edited by fgsfds: 17 March 2018 - 08:15 AM

• The Truth is in here

Because it doesn't work. I tried.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 17 March 2018 - 08:37 AM

User is offline   Manhs 

About music of BLOOD:

i commissioned an album, made by Luke Jansen (Turok, Megaman, Unreal remix ect...) i asked for a mini album of BLOOD: Unholy Voices, Infuscomus and Lair of Shial, enjoy!
Playlist:
https://youtu.be/l_5OZ4Zgn_A
Dark Carnival is an old one he made, i didnt commissioned it because i prefer really the "melody" of the 3 remix, the other themes are more with a "atmospheric" style.
Crudux Cruo :P

This post has been edited by Manhs: 30 April 2018 - 04:54 PM

User is offline   Devon 

View PostManhs, on 30 April 2018 - 04:54 PM, said:

About music of BLOOD:

i commissioned an album, made by Luke Jansen (Turok, Megaman, Unreal remix ect...) i asked for a mini album of BLOOD: Unholy Voices, Infuscomus and Lair of Shial, enjoy!
Playlist:
https://youtu.be/l_5OZ4Zgn_A
Dark Carnival is an old one he made, i didnt commissioned it because i prefer really the "melody" of the 3 remix, the other themes are more with a "atmospheric" style.
Crudux Cruo :P

Real cool stuff!

Makes me think of DooM64 alot.

I wonder how much i would cost me to have him do the whole soundtrack in a more DooM64ish ambient dark style.

This post has been edited by Devon: 01 May 2018 - 04:20 AM

User is offline   Dr_Proton 

View PostDevon, on 01 May 2018 - 04:14 AM, said:

Real cool stuff!

Makes me think of DooM64 alot.

I wonder how much i would cost me to have him do the whole soundtrack in a more DooM64ish ambient dark style.

We could throw some money together. I'd be happy to spend some dough on that any time :P

User is offline   Devon 

View PostDr_Proton, on 01 May 2018 - 04:49 AM, said:

We could throw some money together. I'd be happy to spend some dough on that any time :P

My idea is to make it feel alot like DooM64 while still keep the melodies of the game intact.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options