Duke4.net Forums: [Release] See you in Jail - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[Release] See you in Jail  "Yet another release from Seb Luca"

User is offline   Paul B 

I don't know how he does it, but he does it! Seb has provided us with yet another interesting map and the setting is in a prison. The download details are here: http://www.dukemaps.net/?p=9539

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 3.jpg
  • Attached Image: 1.jpg
  • Attached Image: 5.jpg

This post has been edited by Paul B: 01 December 2017 - 03:26 PM

User is offline   darkcaleb 

Played the map, and it was pretty interresting idea. (Spoiler) Keeping Duke in prison while he is in space :D Great job on the map. Interested where he goes from here?

User is offline   Polunka 

Nice little level, a 10-minute-worth fun ride. The layout is pretty standard as well as gameplay; but at the same time I managed to appreciate some unorthodox design solutions (most notably the xmas tree solely made of spritework and the interstellar taxi cab at the end). All in all, although I don't see much improvement of the author's mapping skills, I still would like to see something else from him.

Btw, is there a reason why he won't sign up to these forums? Or is he even aware of Duke4's existence?

P.S.: Also, much like darkcaleb said, the idea of the map (Duke imprisoned by aliens for the sake of commercial profit) is interesting and kinda original for a Duke3D map (at least I don't remember any levels placed into such a context).

This post has been edited by Polunka: 03 December 2017 - 03:34 AM

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostPolunka, on 03 December 2017 - 03:28 AM, said:

Btw, is there a reason why he won't sign up to these forums? Or is he even aware of Duke4's existence?

He has signed up on the forums and does frequent these posts. =) I found his second release to be pretty solid but not as ambitious as his first release. I did find some minor problems with his sprite usage but he has a knack for making some fun and interesting game play.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 03 December 2017 - 12:34 PM

User is offline   Merlijn 

Cool little map. At first I didn't understand why the sky outside consisted of flat walls, but at the end it makes sense.
The twist is fun and makes for a memorable ending. Rest of the map was mostly standard but good.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options