Duke4.net Forums: Time to Kill Cover Art and Poster. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Time to Kill Cover Art and Poster.  "From an old magazine."

User is offline   K100 

Hi everyone ! I've found those pages with my old stuff. I've never seen those pics on the web before, so I wanted to share them with you.

Posted Image Posted Image

Sorry, the quality is not the best. The pages are almost 20 years old, and my scanner is old too, so I've done the best I could.
I can ask my father to do better scans if you are interested, he should have the right tools at his job.
Or maybe someone can arrange them with photoshop or something like that.

This post has been edited by K100: 30 November 2017 - 09:36 PM

User is offline   Dr_Proton 

Maybe you can ask your father to scan them again in better quality and I can touch them up with Photoshop like the Zero Hour Poster you posted here on the forums :D

Posted Image

What do you think? If your dad can scan them in a higher resolution then I can maybe fix up the torn pages :D

Posted Image

User is offline   Besli 

Posted Image
Source: https://www.devianta...Clean-978112433

This post has been edited by Besli: 29 October 2023 - 03:52 AM

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

I always found TTK's cover to be one of the most fascinating renders of Duke just because of all the little details. The trails of dried blood from his scalp and his lip (the coloration always making them look like they were fairly old founds that then stained the skin some), his Stallone lip stalloning its absolute hardest here, and the part I find the most interesting of all are just how visible his eyes are behind the shades if you look closely enough. It's not the only render to do that, but it seems to be the most detailed here. You can actually distinctly make out the contours of his face, taking us I think the closest we've ever gotten to seeing what he "actually" looks like under there in the post-DN3D era.

I remember quite often staring at my jewel case for minutes on end and really this clean high-res image is putting me right back to doing exactly that.

User is offline   Outtagum 

View PostNinety-Six, on 29 October 2023 - 11:17 PM, said:

The trails of dried blood from his scalp and his lip (the coloration always making them look like they were fairly old founds that then stained the skin some)

Pretty sure that's just shading. The right side of his face is lit up by the explosion in the background.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Also, not to nitpick your post because I know it's just a semantic thing, but it's not a "render". Some of the artwork looks like it may have been digitally stacked, but Duke himself was drawn by an artist. Once upon a time before the advent of modern digital tools, people used to draw artwork by hand. I know, crazy.

It's interesting that you point out subtle but profound details such as being able to see Duke's eyes through his sunglasses. That level of detail was taken for granted. Using my avatar as an example, in 2023 you won't find shading like that in any chinese cartoon without computer assistance, but that was hand drawn and shot on 35mm film without ever touching a computer.

This post has been edited by Radar: 30 October 2023 - 01:23 PM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostRadar, on 30 October 2023 - 12:49 PM, said:

Also, not to nitpick your post because I know it's just a semantic thing, but it's not a "render". Some of the artwork looks like it may have been digitally stacked, but Duke himself was drawn by an artist. Once upon a time before the advent of modern digital tools, people used to draw artwork by hand. I know, crazy.

You know what's cool? It is a "render."

A rendering is any art that is created. Not a technical term for what a 3D program farts out.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

Render D's

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options