Duke4.net Forums: Beyond the Grave Wolf4SDL Mod RELEASED - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Beyond the Grave Wolf4SDL Mod RELEASED  "A gothic-western themed game with a style similar to BUILD games"

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

After many years and many struggles, Beyond the Grave Version 1.00 is finally complete. Beyond the Grave is a Wolfenstein 3D/Doom based total conversion set in the late 19th century. You play as Sartana, a highly decorated ex-Union soldier and a feared Bounty Hunter, who was left for dead but returned as something otherworldly. Sartana will stop at nothing to get his revenge and discover his true purpose.

Some of the game's features include:

- High Res Graphics

- High Quality Sound & Music

- 20 highly detailed levels with map sizes ranging from 64x64 - 128x128

- 10 different weapons with primary and secondary attacks (that work like in Blood)

- Inventory Items

- A diverse range of enemies with improved AI

Screenshots:
Spoiler

A ThunderEnema production.

Credits list in the menu. Just unzip and run the exe. Read the “Read This” section for game manual, which includes controls, story, etc. The game uses WASD and mouse but you can configure the controls to the keyboard only setup as well as manipulate the mouse speed and button layouts.

Download here:

http://www.mediafire...s/BTG_V1.00.zip

(Will be on Moddb soon).

User is online   Mark 

Despite the fact that I don't usually play games with WASD I thought I would give it a try because of the list of cool features. I was a little disappointed in the "high res" graphics claim. Maybe they were high res back in 1994 but not now. Still, I continued playing the first map and it has the nice retro feel I'm sure you were going for. Lots of nice little gameplay features that I won't spoil by listing them. Its not for me but I think a lot of people will like the good job you did. I recommend that retro-gamers try this.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

Thanks for your feedback, Mark. I really appreciate it!

And, the mentioning of "high res" graphics, is more of a detail we had to mention for the Wolfenstein 3D community, as the original game uses 64x64 tiled art, whereas our game uses 128x128 sized art, enabling it to have more pixels, larger characters, etc.

User is online   Phredreeke 

I recognize some of the assets from Blood.

if I can get the raw graphics files I can run them through Waifu2x for you

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 02 November 2017 - 01:52 AM

Ok, I figured out how to extract assets from the WL6 files with WDC.

I quickly put together a tiling script and ran one of my smoothing scripts as a preprocessor before running it through Waifu2x, I then ran the resulting upscaled files through a reverse tiling script and one of my noise scripts

Here's the results, it struggled with a few (34,35, 52-57, 133, 312, 313) but I think the overall result is pretty good

https://files.fm/f/fkmmxx77

I have no idea how to get those files back into the game though =P

I uploaded a few of the textures in case you don't want to download the whole thing

https://imgur.com/a/O16cu

(also, how do I play this at a higher resolution than 640x480?)

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 02 November 2017 - 11:09 AM

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

The game crashes the moment I turn left in the first corridor, mouse refuses to capture, also, it crashes if I try to go to control settings.

Running with: grave.exe --windowed --res 1280 800

This post has been edited by Striker: 03 November 2017 - 11:33 AM

try playing at a resolution that's a multiple of 320x240. I get the same crash otherwise

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Still crashes, just in different locations.

This post has been edited by Striker: 03 November 2017 - 12:42 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options