Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SWMapster32  "Shadow Warrior Map Editor"

User is offline   Kyanos 

Posted Image
Posted Image

SWMapster32 is ready for download.
Attached File  SWMapster32_1_0.zip (1.61MB)
Number of downloads: 12

Source is available on Git-Hub.

I'd like to see this thread used as a Shadow Warrior Mapping General, plus any bugs/suggestions for SWMapster32 can be posted here too please.

User is offline   Maisth 

Awesome ill be sure to try this once i beat Shadow warrior

User is offline   Hank 

First comment.
Starting with a brand new map. When I save it, a prompt at the bottom left reads: "Saving board failed.1"

The map is saved however, and testing it in Redux, the map seems to work.

User is offline   Kyanos 

I noticed that myself, the 1 in that error message was my edit, there is a 2 as well, the same error code comes up in the save as code also. I've inherited a few issues with using that old version of Mapster32 as the base. Alt-tab tends to crash for me, another thing I'm missing is CTRL+ALT+QUOTE key combo for selected single sectors. More on my todo list is track sprite labels like st1s and still need to look into floor over floor preview.

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostHank, on 22 October 2017 - 06:57 PM, said:

First comment.
Starting with a brand new map. When I save it, a prompt at the bottom left reads: "Saving board failed.1"

The map is saved however, and testing it in Redux, the map seems to work.

Fixed here in my working branch.

User is offline   Kyanos 

https://github.com/D...ster32/releases

CTRL&ALT single sector selection is in now. I put proper labels on sectors with lotags, they still showed Duke3d sector types but I didn't notice because none of the lotags from SW matched up. And that saveboard false error message is gone, it was literally a 1 keystroke fix, took me over an hour lol.

User is offline   Kyanos 

New version released: https://github.com/D...ster32/releases

Added: ability to enter negative numbers using new tagging in 3D mode
Fixed: ' & H (hitag) keycombo was broken for sprites in 3D mode
Added: a few more labels for ST1 hitags greater than 200
Changed: text colours for F7/F8 (edit sprite/wall/sector data)
Changed: text for ST1 sprites to include hitag/lotag like DOS Build

User is offline   Hank 

Posted Image
Tested it with a real map, not mine!!!!
Excellent. :rolleyes: keep going, pretty please.

This post has been edited by Hank: 04 November 2017 - 06:02 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

drek said:

https://github.com/D...ster32/releases

Hi SW Central! I've been working on this for a few months now and with last nights update (negative number input) I think SWMapster32 just surpassed SWPBuild for both functionality and stability. So dust off some of those unfinished maps you've all surely started and try out the latest and greatest Shadow Warrior Build Editor Port. I'm all for feedback so please let me know if you have any bug reports, feature requests, or just post to say how awesome it is :rolleyes:

Enjoy!

By negative number input, are you referring to https://github.com/H...a818d693845e276 ?

User is offline   Kyanos 

I didn't know you did anything with SWPBuild, I thought you only cleaned up the port a bit.

Yes, that is what I mean by negative number input, I also changed some of the values to match the tag, eg tag4 ang I set to be out of +-2048.

User is offline   MetHy 

Never saw this before, cool. Would probably have helped me a lot.

I remember an issue I had when making my map in Mapster32.
Try making a driveable vehicule like a boat, unless it had very few sectors, it wouldn't work (would glitch out) if I built it in Mapster32; but if I built it the exact same way in SWPBuild it would work.

Again, doesn't glitch if the boat only has a few sectors.

Was this fixed in this version?

I'm also very sure this issue was the same with turrets. Basically any driveable/move-able effect.

User is offline   Kyanos 

I just built a driveable car with 30 sectors (the limit?) and it worked fine here. I never specifically fixed that issue, but I suspect it may have been caused by the default extras being different for sprites and walls in Mapster32 (-1) compared to SWMapster32 (2 or 0).

You can grab the latest version here if you have time to check it out yourself. I'd love to get more feedback.
github.com/D-Mc-2017/SWMapster32/releases

This post has been edited by Drek: 17 December 2017 - 12:10 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options