Duke4.net Forums: Looks like the FOV/zoom was just improved in Polymost? Cool. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Looks like the FOV/zoom was just improved in Polymost? Cool.

Was just looking at the latest eduke32 changelog, this one by Hendricks sounded interesting, was gonna ask about it. "Polymost: New projection hack algorithm: Keep zoom equivalent to Classic when looking straight ahead."

Just took a screen of Hollywood Holocaust in the version from 10/09 to compare to this 6486 build from 10/15, shows that it's zoomed out a little more now compared to before in Polymost. Which I guess means it's a higher FOV? Which is cool by me.

Since by the description I guess this is now the same zoom level or FOV that classic had when looking forward, and before when it came up I had thought FOV couldn't be changed in Polymost, curious about this change and if it opens the door for even further zooming out (higher FOV) for example. But I do dig the FOV as is, and this little bump in it is cool. I know that in Polymer you can change the FOV in console.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0000-10-09.png
  • Attached Image: duke000010-15.png

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 16 October 2017 - 03:01 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options