Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Humble IGN Merger

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Oh goody.

http://blog.humblebu...forces-with-ign

Humble Bundle is Joining Forces with IGN!

Announcing our biggest bundle ever: Humble Bundle is proudly joining the IGN family! We will continue to bring you all of our humble products, but with more resources and help from IGN.

We chose IGN because they really understand our vision, share our passion for games, and believe in our mission to promote awesome digital content while helping charity. I can’t think of a better partner than IGN to help Humble Bundle continue our quest.

We will be working harder than ever to bring you the best gaming bundles, book bundles, and store sales, while nurturing the Humble Monthly and our new publishing initiative. We will keep our own office, culture, and amazing team with IGN helping us further our plans. We will raise even more money for charity.

John and I started Humble Bundle from our childhood homes. When our parents found out that our “big idea” was basically the honor system of pay-what-you-want plus charity, they braced themselves for the possibility that we might never move out. Seven years later, thanks to the generosity of over 10 million customers, we’ve now raised $106 million for charity. We are incredibly proud of this figure, of our team, and the Humble community which got us here.

But as far as we’ve come, we know we are just getting started. Even bigger things lie ahead, and we think IGN is the perfect partner to help us get there.

If you like Humble Bundle now, stay tuned, because we’ll have more exciting things to share in the near future.

-Jeffrey Rosen
Co-Founder, CEO
Humble Bundle

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 14 October 2017 - 06:11 AM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Posted Image

User is offline   Maisth 

What could go wrong...

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

This is quite unexpectable, I thought supporting shady charities was the worst they could do.

But oh well, time to kiss Humble goodbye for good now. HB was pretty good service for DRM-free games which was the biggest reason why I liked them. Very unfortunate because I'd rather die than support IGN in any way.

User is offline   Malgon 

I didn't expect that. We'll just have to see how things will play out I guess.

This post has been edited by Malgon: 15 October 2017 - 11:31 PM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

View PostMaisth, on 14 October 2017 - 07:51 AM, said:

What could go wrong...

What do you mean, publisher being a game review network at the same time? :rolleyes:

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

As Jim Sterling pointed out, it's quite weird that a games media now owns a games publisher. #gamergate2.0?

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 16 October 2017 - 05:10 AM, said:

#gamergate2.0?

something.
indie developers may get cut out of the loop because they usually lack the money to pay for the ign endorsement.
also more "deals" on micro-transaction games.

User is offline   leilei 

Those comparing it to the IGN Gamespy merger (as if that killed Gamespy) aren't aware of Gamespy jumping the shark in 1999 and the end user mostly don't realize the behind-the-scenes shenanegans that led to entire communities splitting off away from them, and the fileplanet exclusivity clauses (with artificial lines to put extra ad revenue in), and of course deals with game companies to use only their master servers...

Gamespy was already a sinking ship; IGN kept them barely afloat (with massive community compromise sadly) for a few more years.

This post has been edited by leilei: 16 October 2017 - 02:32 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options