Duke4.net Forums: PLU - Palette Look Up Tables - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

PLU - Palette Look Up Tables  "Resources and information for modders"

User is online   Phredreeke 

This is something I found a major pain while doing texture replacements, so I thought I'd share what I got.

The easiest one is palette 5, it's simply a greyscale version of the ordinary palette.
Palette 6 is trickier, it's partially desaturated. An example of this would be the grass and hedges outside the crypt you start in.
Palette 8 is a golden tint, an example of this is the sarcophagus like tiles seen in the starting crypt.
Palette 9 is also a golden tint, this is used for much of the interior of the Hallowed Grounds.
Palette 2 is a red tint, this is used for the wall with the corpses found outside the train station in the second level as well as the fire pods in the Plasma Pak.

Palette 3 is used for the fanatics (grey cultists). The brown in the robes is remapped to grey and the lighter brown found on the belt is remapped to a light blue.
Palette 4 is used by the green spiders. Brown is remapped to green and red is remapped to yellow.
Palette 7 is used by the red spiders. Grey is remapped to red and red is remapped to yellow.
Palette 10 is used for Tchernobog's missiles. It's a bluish grey color.

Palette 11-14 are to my understanding intended for palette swaps for Caleb in multiplayer. By default Caleb uses palette 11 which recolors his pants blue and this is also used by the Zealots (tesla wielding cultists). Palette 12 is used by the Beast and palette 13 is used by the ackolytes (green cultists)

User is offline   Kyanos 

32bit palette swap

Are you talking about making hires 32bit palswaps? I've got just the tool, you can use bloods lookup table to make 32bit hipal color swaps through EDuke32 and polymer then just f12 a screenshot, crop out your new image.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostDrek, on 12 October 2017 - 01:04 PM, said:

Are you talking about making hires 32bit palswaps? I've got just the tool, you can use bloods lookup table to make 32bit hipal color swaps through EDuke32 and polymer then just f12 a screenshot, crop out your new image.

No, he is just describing each palookup in Blood.

Your tool would first require someone to make highpals for Blood anyway.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options