Duke4.net Forums: Sector locking - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sector locking

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I need to be able to monitor moving sectors which contain ACTIVATOR or ACTIVATORLOCKED and determine whether the sector will operate when the player presses space. I figure that there must be a member, either in the sector itself or in the locking sprite which can tell me whether the sector is currently usable, but so far I haven't found anything. For example, I monitored an ACTIVATOR before and after the button press that activates its sector, and could not detect any changes in the ACTIVATOR sprite.

Please help!

User is offline   Darkus 

Only one thing comes to my mind, is using the DNDEBUG cheat. Here's how to proceed:

-create a sample map with two locked doors
-play the map and unlock only one door
-after, use the DNDEBUG cheat to save the map into debug.map.
-open debug.map in Mapster and check the differences between the locked door and the unlocked one.

I actually tried with locked ceiling doors (lotag 20) and it does nothing to the ACTIVATORLOCKED sprites but it modifies door lotags: the unlocked door lotag is 20, while the locked door lotag is 16404.

I think the trick might work with other things.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostDarkus, on 01 October 2017 - 09:12 AM, said:

I actually tried with locked ceiling doors (lotag 20) and it does nothing to the ACTIVATORLOCKED sprites but it modifies door lotags: the unlocked door lotag is 20, while the locked door lotag is 16404.

Yeah I tried that with a regular activator before posting and was not able to learn anything very useful. I think the sector lotag is being used to store a z coordinate, probably the z that the door is supposed to return to when it activates again.

The problem is that my bot needs to know whether a door is locked. If it is, he should not try opening it. If the door is already open then this isn't an issue because he will see that and just walk through. But if the door is closed, then the sector lotag will be the normal effect lotag, which doesn't tell me anything.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options