Duke4.net Forums: Devs: I am looking to add vr support to duke3d! - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Devs: I am looking to add vr support to duke3d!

User is offline   nerozero 

Hi guys,

I am familiar with coding open vr in c++ into open gl games and would love to give duke3d a try.

Could anyone give me a brief overview on how eduke32 is handling rendering and which files are responsible so I have somewhere to start? Just looking for a bit of a roadmap on how everything is working currently so I don't have to spend days figuring everything out :)

Thanks alot

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

It's all in polymost.cpp and polymer.cpp. You will probably spend days figuring everything out anyway, at which point you pull out all your hair and abandon your project. :)

TerminX, on 13 September 2017 - 09:54 AM, said:

It's all in polymost.cpp and polymer.cpp. You will probably spend days figuring everything out anyway, at which point you pull out all your hair and abandon your project. :)

Thanks and what are polymost and polymer, they are different renderers right?

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Yeah, Polymost is the basic renderer for GL 1.4 and Polymer is for GL 2.0 and has dynamic lighting and whatnot.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Feel free to join our IRC channel or Discord server if you would like to message us in real time. Thanks for looking at this!

User is offline   Mark 

I really hope that works out for you guys. Then afterwards, see if any of that work can be applied towards getting Nvidia 3D Vision glasses to work with Eduke32.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Or for a 3DS port.

User is offline   Hank 

Nice to see competition for Oculus

All the best ... :)

User is offline   necroslut 

Good luck. I tried the Oculus Duke before and it was quite mind-blowing.

I currently have a vive so going for that first.

Does anyone know the methods where the game is actually drawn to the screen? It seems polymer does all of the rendering functions but which is the main highest level method for finally displaying everything to the screen?

Thanks

User is offline   fgsfds 

Good luck. I really hope this will work out. What are you planning to do? Just a basic 3D and head tracking or a full-fledged support with touch controllers and decoupled aim?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

TerminX, on 13 September 2017 - 10:02 AM, said:

Yeah, Polymost is the basic renderer for GL 1.4 and Polymer is for GL 2.0 and has dynamic lighting and whatnot.

I recall polymer was GL 3.x?

fgsfds, on 14 September 2017 - 07:58 AM, said:

Good luck. I really hope this will work out. What are you planning to do? Just a basic 3D and head tracking or a full-fledged support with touch controllers and decoupled aim?

Yes I want to have controller support but no idea how long it would take. I work for myself so have a lot of free time so we will see where it goes. To start with I would be happy to have the aiming like in quake 2 vr, where you can aim with the gun but it is still in the normal place if that makes sense. I am a long way off from that point though :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options