Duke4.net Forums: Human Head Studios Announces Rune: Ragnarok - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Human Head Studios Announces Rune: Ragnarok

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 13 November 2019 - 05:58 PM, said:

Unfortunately, those who remain at Ragnarok, LLC aren't developers but social media people and the ESDF owners, so any updates will be a long while coming. I can't think of an instance were a developer took over another team's project and it ended up okay. Even though it got terrible sales and reviews, maybethe Splatterhouse reboot could count, a charmingly goofy horror title, though it sounds like it was hell on the studio.

Incidentally, Humanhead took over development of a game called Minimum. When it launched it did fine enough and I enjoyed the hell out of it. Problems only arose when the servers got borked sometime later and they took forever to fix it, resulting in very few players once they finally came back.

I don't even know very many games that changed developers mid-development. I can only think of Dead Island 2 and that still isn't out. And I don't mean games that were started and finished by a different studio that is basically the same people (Duke Forever, Telltale's final Walking Dead season) or games that were completely restarted with a new developer (Fallout 3, though thats a whole can of worms on its own).

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 13 November 2019 - 06:47 PM

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

View PostHulkNukem, on 13 November 2019 - 06:47 PM, said:

I don't even know very many games that changed developers mid-development. I can only think of Dead Island 2 and that still isn't out.

I liked Minimum quite a bit, too, and I remember H.H. hired a couple of people from Timegate to help with the transition. Interestingly, in a recent THQ Nordic call, the publisher revealed that Dead Island 2 has shifted developers again, this time to Dambuster Studios (Homefront: The Revolution). That means it's gone from Yager to Sumo to Dambuster. Three teams has to be a record!

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Good night, sweet prince.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 13 November 2019 - 01:34 PM, said:

Whoa! I thought they didn't have the best relationship?

Well, not anymore.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 15 November 2019 - 12:15 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Then why are they going back to Bethesda now?

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 15 November 2019 - 07:25 AM, said:

Then why are they going back to Bethesda now?

Because there's no money left, and when they went around, hat in hand, to anyone who would have them, Zenimax were they ones who offered up the money to keep the team employed. Everything in their post-P2 contract and prototype era was done to eke out one more paycheck for the crew while they held out for a break. None came.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

The publisher of Rune 2, Ragnarok Games, is suing Human head/Roundhouse.
Their claim is Human head/Roundhouse is refusing to give the final source code and assets to Ragnarok.
They are also claiming development wasn't smooth and Human head would get paid per milestone but they ended up nearly doubling the amount of milestones; of which HH was paid for all of them. They were also suppose to continue development after launch, including support and new content.

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 04 December 2019 - 02:57 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

What a mess.

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

• Balls of Steel Forever

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 13 November 2019 - 05:58 PM, said:

Unfortunately, those who remain at Ragnarok, LLC aren't developers but social media people and the ESDF owners, so any updates will be a long while coming. I can't think of an instance were a developer took over another team's project and it ended up okay. Even though it got terrible sales and reviews, maybethe Splatterhouse reboot could count, a charmingly goofy horror title, though it sounds like it was hell on the studio.

The splatterhouse reboot was fantastic, none of the splatterhouse games had the best gameplay at the time, nor the best technology, and nowhere near an original story.

What the series always had going for it was an overabundant amount of graphic violence with a great theme and the devs definitely nailed that.

FFXV changed hands internally multiple times over a 10 year period and turned out fine, so it's not always a red flag.

I hope ragnarok gets what it deserves as they were obviously fucked over.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options