Duke4.net Forums: Duke's Inventory - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke's Inventory  "gadgets, gizmos and accesories"

User is offline   TnT 

Perhaps I'm not giving the AI enough credit and/or not anticipating the baddies early enough in Duke 3D.
When I drop a Holoduke, it never works. Also, it seems like too many vision goggles appear and can't be
utilized anywhere.

User is offline   Duke Legacy 

HoloDuke:The HoloDuke works if your are shrinked say like on eps 4 you get shrinked by a drone use it and they stand by it.

Duke4 Supporter

User is offline   necroslut 

The enemies don't really shoot at the Holoduke... but they will, sometimes, walk towards it, so it can be useful to direct combat.

View PostDuke Legacy, on 23 August 2017 - 08:17 PM, said:

HoloDuke:The HoloDuke works if your are shrinked say like on eps 4 you get shrinked by a drone use it and they stand by it.

I didn't know that :blink:

User is offline   Major Tom 

The ADG episode on Duke Nukem 3D claimed that if the HoloDuke was closer to the enemies than you were, they'd go after it instead of you.

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostMajor Tom, on 24 August 2017 - 05:07 AM, said:

The ADG episode on Duke Nukem 3D claimed that if the HoloDuke was closer to the enemies than you were, they'd go after it instead of you.

I think they still will shoot you, but might move towards the hologram.

User is offline   Duke Legacy 

Back in 360 days it was useful for tricking noobs as well to bad none of it was recorded, I didn't have a capture card back then but now I do.

Duke4 Supporter

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• EDuke32 Senior Developer

I've seen in the source code where enemies will sometimes shoot at the HoloDuke instead of the player.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View PostImaManNotaMachine, on 23 August 2017 - 06:20 PM, said:

Also, it seems like too many vision goggles appear and can't be utilized anywhere.

I think it's noteworthy that many items are often only available from secret areas in single player mode, and are thus optional, bonus, "gimmick" elements of gameplay.

At some point I wanted to make an outline of the order and frequency in which inventory items are introduced in Episode 1, but never actually got around to it. I'm not sure at this point, but it's quite possible that some items are never, or only rarely, encountered outside secret areas. IIRC there are several instances when night vision goggles are needed to progress as using them reveals secret messages, or give the player an advantage when fighting in dark areas.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2017 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options