Duke4.net Forums: Support for alpha weapons? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Support for alpha weapons?

User is offline   Tekedon 

Can you add support so that we have the possibility to choose to use some of the alpha weapons if we want, the shotgun for example? Kind of like the weapons mod. You could use the KVX files directly from the alpha.

User is offline   Dzierzan 

Alpha Sawed-Off might look cool, but it's not 1:1 to retail version. I mean the animation is very unpolished and if I am not mistaken, it's slower. Apart from Sawed-Off what else could be added? Dark Gun is not functional in Alpha and so is Spear Gun. I even tried to re-create Spear Gun for Weapons Mod 3.0, the effect is interesting.

User is offline   Tekedon 

View PostDzierzan, on 20 August 2017 - 11:41 AM, said:

Alpha Sawed-Off might look cool, but it's not 1:1 to retail version. I mean the animation is very unpolished and if I am not mistaken, it's slower. Apart from Sawed-Off what else could be added? Dark Gun is not functional in Alpha and so is Spear Gun. I even tried to re-create Spear Gun for Weapons Mod 3.0, the effect is interesting.

Yeah the alpha sawed-off is cool :) Yeah it's a bit slower and worse animated but could be polished up, and maybe he could code the non working guns to a working state, in one of the pre-relase videos he had coded a nice blue fireball specialfire for the pitchfork. I understand that this would not be top priority though. Also I meant QAV files and not KVX xD

That's more like modding to be honest and that won't come too fast... heh... maybe another Blood port will appear in the meanwhile :).

I'd be more interested if we could get the Beast form back into the game.

Yeah, there's a way to play true Beast Mode by hacking the game. It's a bit funny cause melee hitscan is explosive type. Although it's still not a good idea to charge at cultist :). The next version of Weapons Mod will include the hack.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options