Duke4.net Forums: Mapster making no sense regarding placement of edited maps - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mapster making no sense regarding placement of edited maps

Hi there! Yesterday I made a complete reinstall of windows on my pc; everything gone. Had my whole duke folder backed up online though - which there havent been any problems with - until now. Usually when I editted a map and saved it with a new name (essentially making a copy with the new changes), it used to end up in same folder as the Mapster32 program. Now it says i can find the map in the same folder as it once was, the usermap folder (I have all my maps in a usermaps-folder). Indeed I can see it and edit it from within mapster, but my edited maps (and also entirely new maps from scratch) is nowhere to be found - even though it shows the path like c:/programs/duke/usermaps yada yada. Now here is the odd thing, I made a search on one of the new edited map's name, and it showed up in a place like this /user/appdata/virtual.../duke/usermaps. I have never been anywhere near that folder nor have I ever seen mapster acting this weird before - can anybody help me? :-(

User is offline   Hank 

not sure about your setup,
for starters
https://www.sevenfor...ore-folder.html

Simply use admin privileges when saving stuff in C:/programs or create your work in your 'user' sections. This is what I do.

View PostHank, on 17 August 2017 - 05:24 PM, said:

not sure about your setup,
for starters
https://www.sevenfor...ore-folder.html

Simply use admin privileges when saving stuff in C:/programs or create your work in your 'user' sections. This is what I do.

That has to be it! Thank you so much

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options