Duke4.net Forums: Headshots on Cultists? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Headshots on Cultists?

Long time since I've been to this forum. I seem to remember on Transfusion or one other Blood site that someone posted a gif of the incredibly rare headshot effect on Cultists. It can only be done with the shotgun (obviously).

Is it possible for the headshot to be modded into GDX so it's more common?

User is offline   SPILL 

It wasn't an actual headshot. The player used the command: "blood -noaim" which launches Dos Blood without auto-aim. This allowed him to shoot the cultist directly in the head without auto-aim centering the shot on the chest. The normal "Blood hitscan" texture made it look as if the head was being blown off. If you watch very closely, you can see the head is still under the blood texture. Any mapeditor would know there is no headshot animation for the cultist.

Here is the video you are referring to. Looks cool if someone could actually make it in the future.

This post has been edited by SPILL: 15 August 2017 - 04:03 PM

Ah, you're right. Still a cool effect.

Might be a project for a sprite-maker to add some proper headshots?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

You can headshot cultists in the AMC TC, in more ways than one :thumbsup: https://youtu.be/spZdJ_wTPCo?t=5m55s

View PostMicky C, on 15 August 2017 - 04:56 PM, said:

You can headshot cultists in the AMC TC, in more ways than one :thumbsup: https://youtu.be/spZdJ_wTPCo?t=5m55s

Man, you got me all hyped up only for me to realize that it's an Eduke mod.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostBruno Mattei, on 15 August 2017 - 09:13 PM, said:

Man, you got me all hyped up only for me to realize that it's an Eduke mod.

Damn, I guess you can't play it then Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options