Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem 3D Beta [0.60 - 0.99] - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D Beta [0.60 - 0.99]  "Duke Nukem 3D Beta Resources"

I was wondering if anyone kept Cage's old project of the 0.99 build with the spacesuit and that 0.60 HUD. I found a broken LakiSoft version on the Beta Archive webpage.
I've also managed to find load of old content like the LameDuke 0.4 Xtreme Build for Eduke32, or the LameDuke weapon resources on community stockpile (RPG, Fixed Pipebomb), ... etc.
If anyone has the resources from the TC that most likely never got released, I'd be very thankful.

I know Marcos was also working on this, he's the one who was the closest to the original. But as far as I'm aware he never released it because it was on his old HDD.

This post has been edited by MatthewPatel: 13 August 2017 - 02:31 PM

User is offline   Hank 

Not sure, the only thing I remember was this unfinished work
http://dukertcm.com/...ons/oldduke.zip

from this site
http://dukertcm.com/.../duke3d-addons/

I've already seen that one, and managed to find some more:
Lakisoft claims these builds to be his, well most of them.

These include the spacesuit and the old scuba gear goggles that take your entire screen.
It has the devastator removed and something that's supposed to be the flamethrower. Also adds old beta crosshair.

Refering to this:

I've gathered the ART files from the build you've sent me, mixed it up with one of his. Because on each video he posts a different version, full of bugs and other glitches.
Decided to go through all of them till I find the most suiting one.

The only thing that's left "for my taste" is that small red triangle on the side of the HUD. I found it in the tiles folder of the regular Duke Nukem 3D.
It's time for paint I guess. :thumbsup:

This post has been edited by MatthewPatel: 14 August 2017 - 12:44 AM

User is online   LakiSoft 

First of all i want to thank admins and moderators for accepting my account. My old profile was LakiSoft and Duke Nukem IV Guy, now i am known as Gingis Khan. As for first video posted here, you are right Matthew Patel. Yep, it's a my beta recreation mod, but it's nothing special. Thanks to guy named Linush (i forgot his full name) who took my old DUKE3BETA mod which was Duke3D,exe from 0.99 with v1.3D Resources, and placed them into Eduke32 in combination with Nuclear Showdown mod in order to get Underwater and Space Suit glares. Then i just took his mod (which is already modification of my mod) and polished a bit by removing Devastator, chaning monster health and weapon damages and radius to fit real BETA 0.99 behavior, etc.. But only that, i haven't done much. A side from that i also released polished version of DOS BETA DUKE3D 0.99, it's from those laggy videos called like "DUKE NUKEM 3D FULL BETA VERSION 0.99 GAMEPLAY" which in including Sewers and Sweeney maps in Episode 3 map slots. BTW, i can't claim that the BETA is "fully mine" since it was just simple copy and paste operation with v1.3D resources, only thing I actually did is, modifing most of Episode 2 and 3 levels, since most of features were not working or were gltiched in 0.99 executable. For example ACCESSSWITCH2 for keycards used alot in E2 and E3 wasn't still implemented, so i had to replace it with default ACCESSSWITCH from Episode 1. And removed Devastator weapon from levels from same reason. But only that. I don't want to take credit for something everyone could do. And i know in past when xxxBryan2000xxx posted topic "Duke Nukem 3D Beta\Lameduke mixed TC" with link to my old DUKE3BETA, i demanded credit, but know i do understand i shall not seek from credit for thing everyone could do :thumbsup: Now for resources you are searching for, i reccommend you to download this zip, i found it on RTCM, and it's around 120 MB massive. Maybe you can cut some weapon from screenshots or something. If you plan to work on BETA inspired mod tell me if you want help :P Here is the link to that zip: http://dukertcm.com/...20Nukem%203D.7z

Try to see if you could get your hands on the HUD front that was used in the old V 0.6 BETA. That's the one I have particular interest in.
Combining Nuclear Showdown TC with Eduke32 didn't work so well.
It did bring the spacesuit to life, but it broke almost everything else.
Implying to this:

Duke Nukem Nuclear Showdown TC

The result is:
Posted Image

ART files are being combined with the autoload folder. So, for example, if you use the Duke Foot (Quick kick) it combines the original sprite with the one from the TC, making Duke have 4 legs instead of 2.
You are able to fix that, by not running the CON file with the batch provided in the folder.

But then again, if you do so, you aren't able to use the spacesuit, because it doesn't load up NC addons.

The Scuba Gear isn't aligned properly even when the widescreen option is turned on.

Another thing I wouldn't use is the counter on the chaingun. That didn't exist in the BETA, and doesn't feel proper either.

This post has been edited by MatthewPatel: 16 August 2017 - 03:18 AM

Well. thanks for reply and your opinions. You are right, Nuclear Showdown is not very well to use because of the reasons you just have mentioned. However, for the HUD, i suck at Eduke32 editing so i don't know how to code new HUD, however, only thing i can do is to add ORANGE TRIANGLE THING instead of Nuke sign at left and right sides of the HUD, but i cannot order of how KEYS and INV statistics are placed in HUD. Plus i forgot to mention that if i do that way (just changing the grafix not the coding) not only that KEYS and INV sections will be meessed up, but also WEAPONS will display number 2-0 and not 1-9 like in BETA 0.60.There is only one FAKE solution i could do here, and that is deleting number symbols from TILES012.ART file and put numbers in HUD itself, but then, as you shooting, ammo will not change in WEAPONS section, so it's impossible for me to do that since i suck at coding. However i can send you my old shitty Flamethrower mod that has this "jumbo-mumbo" with HUD metioned above, but i think that would be not much of the help.

https://forums.duke4...&attach_id=7612 from this topic https://forums.duke4...de-for-eduke32/

And last thing, i don't know does it matter, but in Linush's modification of my mod which i later polished even more, i think Linush used some older version of NS, but i think all versions of NS behaves same in term of bugs you mentioned, i am right? :thumbsup:

View PostGingis Khan, on 17 August 2017 - 03:24 PM, said:

Well. thanks for reply and your opinions. You are right, Nuclear Showdown is not very well to use because of the reasons you just have mentioned. However, for the HUD, i suck at Eduke32 editing so i don't know how to code new HUD, however, only thing i can do is to add ORANGE TRIANGLE THING instead of Nuke sign at left and right sides of the HUD, but i cannot order of how KEYS and INV statistics are placed in HUD. Plus i forgot to mention that if i do that way (just changing the grafix not the coding) not only that KEYS and INV sections will be meessed up, but also WEAPONS will display number 2-0 and not 1-9 like in BETA 0.60.There is only one FAKE solution i could do here, and that is deleting number symbols from TILES012.ART file and put numbers in HUD itself, but then, as you shooting, ammo will not change in WEAPONS section, so it's impossible for me to do that since i suck at coding. However i can send you my old shitty Flamethrower mod that has this "jumbo-mumbo" with HUD metioned above, but i think that would be not much of the help.

https://forums.duke4...&attach_id=7612 from this topic https://forums.duke4...de-for-eduke32/

And last thing, i don't know does it matter, but in Linush's modification of my mod which i later polished even more, i think Linush used some older version of NS, but i think all versions of NS behaves same in term of bugs you mentioned, i am right? :thumbsup:

There's a newer, far more improved version of Nuclear Showdown from last year, if I recall....works with the latest version of EDuke32. I've been playing it all week, and nothing is "broken" in it.

This post has been edited by Major Tom: 18 August 2017 - 06:27 AM

The last build you've sent is far superior than the other ones.
The space suit is better, although had to do tweaking for the HUD part to work, same goes for scuba.

Besides that It's much better!

This post has been edited by MatthewPatel: 18 August 2017 - 11:24 AM

View PostMatthewPatel, on 18 August 2017 - 11:23 AM, said:

The last build you've sent is far superior than the other ones.
The space suit is better, although had to do tweaking for the HUD part to work, same goes for scuba.

Besides that It's much better!

All credit should go to Jblade---he's the one who made it.

So we can actually use new NS for Duke 3D Beta recreation mod now? Well i am going to download latest NS anyway, so big credits to JBlade. :thumbsup: BTW if use NS along with "BETA v0.99 resources" we can also replace E3L3 and E3L4 with SWEENEY and SEWERES, since it's their slot name in Beta's User.con file. Now i am going to try out new NS in mix with Linush's and mine beta mod :P

EDIT: i have tried to combine My BETA mod with new NS and it get messed up, Flamethrower behaves like Freezethrower, and even if modifiued ICDUSER.CON to display BETA LEVEL names and episodes it still shows orignal ones, what i am doing wrong? Are level names actually held in ICDGAME.CON rathen than ICDUSER.CON in new versions of Nuclear Showdown?

This post has been edited by Gingis Khan: 18 August 2017 - 08:32 PM

View PostGingis Khan, on 18 August 2017 - 08:14 PM, said:

So we can actually use new NS for Duke 3D Beta recreation mod now? Well i am going to download latest NS anyway, so big credits to JBlade. :) BTW if use NS along with "BETA v0.99 resources" we can also replace E3L3 and E3L4 with SWEENEY and SEWERES, since it's their slot name in Beta's User.con file. Now i am going to try out new NS in mix with Linush's and mine beta mod :)

EDIT: i have tried to combine My BETA mod with new NS and it get messed up, Flamethrower behaves like Freezethrower, and even if modifiued ICDUSER.CON to display BETA LEVEL names and episodes it still shows orignal ones, what i am doing wrong? Are level names actually held in ICDGAME.CON rathen than ICDUSER.CON in new versions of Nuclear Showdown?

There's an episode-centric CON file in the .GRP, ICDEPISD.con; it has the episode and level names in it.

View PostMajor Tom, on 19 August 2017 - 05:04 AM, said:

There's an episode-centric CON file in the .GRP, ICDEPISD.con; it has the episode and level names in it.

Thanks for your reply, but i found it myself anyway. But still thank you. BTW, i still don't know how to add Flamethrower in new version.

User is offline   Krypto 

Hi! I wanted to ask a question related to the original v0.99 beta that was leaked as this looks like the most appropriate thread :)

I have this really strange bug where if I select 'Keyboard and Mouse' in the setup wizard, then the weapon selection breaks and I'm unable to change weapons. What's very weird is when starting a game it will work for around 10 seconds, where I can switch between the Mighty Foot and the Pistol, then all of a sudden it will stop and I can't switch weapons anymore. I've also tried rebinding the keys but this doesn't work. However if i change it to 'Keyboard Only' in the setup, this problem doesn't occur and I can change weapons.

I've tried with the official 0.74 of DOSBox and also a custom build, it looks like something in the CFG is screwed up, I don't get this issue when running the retail v1.3d in DOSBox.

Has anyone encountered this before and can offer a solution?

Cheers!

User is offline   NNC 

A little offtopic here, but I permanently replaced my E1L2 with the beautiful garage as opening area from the beta version. Of course with properly adjusted to the level, including DM points. I refuse to play that level again with that dull elevator start that lands you at the city corner.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options