Duke4.net Forums: Ceilling Explosions looking wrong - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ceilling Explosions looking wrong

User is offline   Maisth 

So im having problems creating a Ceilling Explosion effect most notably this thing thats a big wall covering up the hole, the explosion and everything else works fine but thats the only thing thats wrong, i also packed it with another photo of how i made it, can someone tell me what im doing wrong?

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0005.png
  • Attached Image: capt0000.png

User is offline   Zaxtor 

The SE 13 angle must be pointing down.

When point down, it does floor or ceiling depending height,
As if is too high it does ceiling.
if is too low it does floor.

if it doesn't point down, it does like the pic you posted. Whole sector a (wall).

User is offline   Maisth 

View PostZaxtor, on 09 August 2017 - 06:44 PM, said:

The SE 13 angle must be pointing down.

When point down, it does floor or ceiling depending height,
As if is too high it does ceiling.
if is too low it does floor.

if it doesn't point down, it does like the pic you posted. Whole sector a (wall).

What do you mean by Pointing down? Does that mean that i should change sprite with R to look like a Floor Sprite?

User is offline   Hank 

He means the tail piece of the sprite, in 2D mode.

Another wiki link for the complete story
Look for Making the Ceiling Blow Up ...

User is offline   Maisth 

I tried everything you guys said , i even tried jigglering it around and moving the Sprite slowly to the ceilling and to the floor and the problem still persists i seriously don't know what im doing wrong, if you guys could put some photos because im really lost.

User is offline   Hank 

Attached Image: tailPieceDown.jpg

This is from the E1L2 map, of the original Duke 3D game. It shows the set-up in 2D. If visuals help you better, why not have a closer look at this map. :thumbsup:

This post has been edited by Hank: 09 August 2017 - 07:30 PM

User is offline   Maisth 

View PostHank, on 09 August 2017 - 07:29 PM, said:

Attachment tailPieceDown.jpg

This is from the E1L2 map, of the original Duke 3D game. It shows the set-up in 2D. If visuals help you better, why not have a closer look at this map. :thumbsup:

The whole freaking problem was to where it was looking the sprite and i just had to rotate it, anyway thanks for clearing it up

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Yeah, that's usually what we mean when we talk about "angles" :thumbsup: Im glad you got it working.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options