Duke4.net Forums: Hardcore Henry-Your Thoughts? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hardcore Henry-Your Thoughts?

User is offline   Toxic34 

I put this in General Discussion because the topic is technically a film, rather than a game, even though it clearly is a live-action FPS.

I will make no bones about it, I am unashamed to state that I am an absolute fan of the movie Hardcore Henry. It truly is a thrilling adrenaline rush that holds your attention throughout. We've come a long way from the now-clearly dated FPS sequence in the 2005 Doom movie to creating a truly convincing look through GoPros, professional stuntmen and meticulous choreography. We have a perfect 90-minute distillation of a big, bombastic FPS, all the tropes within, and the sheer fun. It is both a satire and a celebration of the genre, and it never outstays its welcome.

Honestly, when I watch it, I like to hold my Xbox One controller, and pretend to move the sticks and buttons to do the actions in the film, or look at it like this is a YouTube video of a "perfect walkthrough" of a game.

User is offline   Maisth 

I liked it a lot actually, not many FPS movies have been made over the course of the time and i think Hardcore Henry its a perfect example that FPS Movies do work

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options