Duke4.net Forums: custom cutscene issue - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

custom cutscene issue

User is offline   Mark 

The end of my map has the player flying upwards with the jetpack to a simple End of Level effector I coded. When the players reaches that effector the map ends and the custom cutscene starts to play along with it's audio track. But since the player most likely still has the "up" key pressed when the cutscene starts, eduke detects a key pressed and will bypass the cutscene and go straight to the stats screen. I'm guessing its hardcoded and original behavior and won't be changed. Anybody have a solution to offer? I posted here instead of con help in hopes that maybe a compromise could be added to eduke which would delay by a couple of seconds detecting a key is pressed to bypass the cutscene. That way the player will see that a new one is playing and let go of the pressed key.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

It should be extremely simple for us to "clear" input before a cutscene starts so that you have to release the key and then press it again for it to skip it.

User is offline   Mark 

cool

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: excellent.png

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Check how r6428 does.

User is offline   Mark 

10-4 good buddy

No. It still skipped thru with the key pressed in.

I'll be happy to keep testing. But if you still have the project loaded from the svn, do an update. Among other things, I have the map start right at the end. Pick up the jetpack and fly up the thing in front of you. That way you don't have to wait for my testing and feedback.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 06 August 2017 - 06:37 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options