Duke4.net Forums: Shootrage - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shootrage  "A genuine retro shooter."

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

I just finished downloading the alpha demo of this off their site. This is one of the few times i've seen one of these FPS games pulling off "genuine retro" in the gameplay department. It's basically a Doom clone with a smidge of ROTT.

I swear to God that voice actor sounds like Not Important from Hatred.

http://shootrage.com/

This post has been edited by Commando Nukem: 04 August 2017 - 03:17 PM

User is offline   Mark 

I'm not a fan of big blood sprays and I would prefer a less intense sound track. Although I don't know if that was music for the vid or actual gameplay music. Otherwise it has a good look to it.

User is offline   X-Vector 

Cool, it's "only for mature" and has "awesome music" and "labirynths" [sic].

Why the face do people come up with this nonsense?

It's basically ol' Doom in HD. An interesting idea, but one which needs a looot of polish.

User is offline   ---- 

Even back in the day a new shooter had to have something special and/or unique to stand out and become a success.

This one looks like another generic shooter to me that might have bloodier blood, weaponier weapons and labirynthier labirynths ... but nothing stands out as something unique or as something that hasn't been seen at least a hundred times.

Don't get me wrong. I wish the devs luck with their project, but it would be totally cool if they added a few new ideas into this.

User is offline   Loke 

I'd rather wait for Ion Maiden to be honest.

User is online   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

Meh, it's HD. Bring me pixels!

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Turned it off when I noticed they spelled "labyrinths" wrong. Is the voice actor the same as the Postal guy?

View PostTerminX, on 05 August 2017 - 11:08 AM, said:

Is the voice actor the same as the Postal guy?

No. The team section on their site shows the developers are Polish, and that would explain the misspellings and peculiar pronunciations.

User is offline   leilei 

View PostCryptKiller, on 05 August 2017 - 06:18 AM, said:

It's basically ol' Doom in HD. An interesting idea, but one which needs a looot of polish.

Be careful for what you ask for.

This post has been edited by leilei: 05 August 2017 - 12:59 PM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

That's EXACTLY what I think about when someone says "Unreal Engine".

This is a Doom clone born 23 years too late. The developers must have noticed that in the mid-1990s, the market was flooded with crap titles which shamelessly attempted to exploit Doom's popularity while offering nothing to be unique, and they must have decided that people LIKED that crap. WRONG! Had they actually read reviews from that period, they would've discovered that people wanted originality! Good games, not shit games! This is why people still play Doom, Duke Nukem 3D and Quake, but nobody gives two fucks about Extreme Paintbrawl, TekWar, Corridor 13 or Operation Bodycount!
Doom, Duke Nukem 3D and Quake were actually FUN to play, the other thousands ripoffs weren't!

This post has been edited by Altered Reality: 14 August 2017 - 04:38 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Repetitive simple power chord guitar pattern = "awesome music?" You've gotta show a bit more than that. That sounds like something someone learning how to play would play with his dinky little Yamaha amp and his $100 starter guitar (I know because I was exactly this person).

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Did Pantera release a new album or what are we talking about?

View Postleilei, on 05 August 2017 - 12:58 PM, said:

Be careful for what you ask for.

Sweet Jesus on a toast. It's even worse than another attempt at the exact same idea:

Also checked what else this kid hosts on his YT channel, and I wish I didn't.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options