Duke4.net Forums: Breakable sprites - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Breakable sprites

User is offline   Maisth 

How do i make not Breakable sprite? for example im trying using SPOTLITE but when i shoot it i destroy it i don't want this to happen so how do i make the sprite unbreakable?

User is offline   CruX 

h key on the sprite in 3d mode, in 2d mode you can check by how bright sprite's color is (brighter means it can be hit). I didn't think the spotlite sprite could be shot, though. Sure you're not talking about something else?

User is offline   Maisth 

View PostCruX, on 30 July 2017 - 09:19 AM, said:

h key on the sprite in 3d mode, in 2d mode you can check by how bright sprite's color is (brighter means it can be hit). I didn't think the spotlite sprite could be shot, though. Sure you're not talking about something else?

Even pressing H It still doesn't work.

If you mean the Shade that would mean that it had to be completely dark?

View PostMaisth, on 30 July 2017 - 09:25 AM, said:

Even pressing H It still doesn't work.

If you mean the Shade that would mean that it had to be completely dark?

He means H as in hitscan. With hitscan off objects cannot be shot, the bullets usually just go right through it, or have no effect on it. Shade doesn't matter, as that would make a light pointless.

User is offline   Maisth 

View PostNever Forgotten, on 30 July 2017 - 09:36 AM, said:

He means H as in hitscan. With hitscan off objects cannot be shot, the bullets usually just go right through it, or have no effect on it. Shade doesn't matter, as that would make a light pointless.

I know for what it stands for but even with Hitscan ON it still can be shot and destroyed

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMaisth, on 30 July 2017 - 09:43 AM, said:

I know for what it stands for but even with Hitscan ON it still can be shot and destroyed

You need hitscan off. However, even then it may still be breakable with explosions.

User is offline   CruX 

View PostMaisth, on 30 July 2017 - 09:43 AM, said:

can you do me a favor and screenshot the sprite you're trying to use? I feel like we're not on the same page because the spotlite sprite i'm thinking of shouldn't be destructible no matter what flag it has set on it. A more foolproof method would be to go into 2d mode, select the sprite and hit F8 on it then highlight the "flags" option and set it to 0. Course, hitting the H key should work just as well which is why I'm a bit confused.

User is offline   Maisth 

View PostCruX, on 30 July 2017 - 10:06 AM, said:

can you do me a favor and screenshot the sprite you're trying to use? I feel like we're not on the same page because the spotlite sprite i'm thinking of shouldn't be destructible no matter what flag it has set on it. A more foolproof method would be to go into 2d mode, select the sprite and hit F8 on it then highlight the "flags" option and set it to 0. Course, hitting the H key should work just as well which is why I'm a bit confused.

Nvm it was called HANGLIGHT but the problem still exists

User is offline   Maisth 

Well since The Hitscan method didn't work and i don't know what else to do im not gonna have to use this sprite HANGLIGHT

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Add hitag 1 to the sprite, works on wall/floor aligned ones.

User is offline   Mark 

I thought adding 1 makes it breakable. He wants it unbreakable

User is offline   Hank 

This is how I make stuff like the HANGLIGHT non-breakable.
I copy the tile and place it into a free slot, in one of the other art files, tiles014, for example.
That way, any given hard coding is ignored. The the only way this sprite will now break, if it has an index number.
Feel free to make it blockable and have a hitscan, so it looks like bullets bounce off it, etc.

You need a tool like BAFed to be able to copy the tile from one place to the other.
http://www.r-t-c-m.c...-eduke32-tools/

User is offline   Maisth 

Is there a way to put Invisible sprites and cover it up like that?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options