Duke4.net Forums: Shotgun glitch - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shotgun glitch

I'm using BAFed to replace the sprites in Atomic Crisis, and I seem to have run into a problem. I replaced the Shotgun's sprites and, when I fire, this happens:

Posted Image

Any help? I made sure everything is the same as the original. Offsets are the same, and so are the sizes of the images. I don't know what to do, I haven't had this problem with any of the other weapons... except the Assault Rifle, but that's because it's much bigger than the original.

User is offline   CruX 

looks like the shotgun's original muzzleflash is still being displayed but whatever new tile you put in isn't jiving with it. It's two separate tiles being displayed simultaneously when you fire, so that's one of those things you have to keep in mind if you're doing a weapons mod that only switches out art tiles.

View PostCruX, on 29 July 2017 - 11:26 AM, said:

looks like the shotgun's original muzzleflash is still being displayed but whatever new tile you put in isn't jiving with it. It's two separate tiles being displayed simultaneously when you fire, so that's one of those things you have to keep in mind if you're doing a weapons mod that only switches out art tiles.

I didn't replace the original muzzle flash, all I'm doing is adding gloves to Duke's hands. Other then replacing the sprites of the Shotgun that show Duke's hands, I didn't change anything.

User is offline   CruX 

not replacing the original muzzleflash is the problem, actually. It's still displaying but it is't aligning with the other tile. I don't know tools BAFed gives you, but if it's got a cut/paste, cut the shotgun's muzzleflash frames and see what happens.

View PostCruX, on 29 July 2017 - 11:59 AM, said:

not replacing the original muzzleflash is the problem, actually. It's still displaying but it is't aligning with the other tile. I don't know tools BAFed gives you, but if it's got a cut/paste, cut the shotgun's muzzleflash frames and see what happens.

It does the same thing, just without the muzzle flash. I've changed the offset and it looks a bit better, but I still don't get what's wrong.

User is offline   CruX 

well it's also worth it to note that the original animation is pretty glitched to begin with.

Posted Image

when you're playing the game you don't really catch this stuff, it's only when you start messing with the art that you notice it. Somebody else actually made a thread about this a few months back, will have to see if i can dig it up because Hendricks popped into that particular thread and explained it a lot better than i can.

Thanks, I never noticed that the original one is like that as well, I've always focused on my target, not the gun. But I played the GOG one, which is untouched, and it's exactly the same problem I'm having. So I guess it's just something that went wrong back in '96, and not my fault. :thumbsup:

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

I assume it's to increase the perceived intensity of kickback.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options