Duke4.net Forums: id Software's Rage-Xbox One BC problems - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

id Software's Rage-Xbox One BC problems

User is offline   Toxic34 

I am a massive fan of id Software's work. So naturally, in addition to all things Wolfenstein, Doom and Quake related, I have the game Rage, which I definitely think is quite an amazing game that manages not to stand on the toes of Borderlands. When the Xbox 360 version became compatible with Xbox One, I was excited. Of course, there were problems I wasn't expecting. There are frequent audio pops in certain levels, moments of lag, and freezing. I then downloaded the Scorchers DLC, because I heard how it fixed bugs. It seemed to work at first, and I managed to finish the game. So I went through another runthrough, and the same damn problems came up, except now they happened earlier, and prevent me from finishing the Well. What exactly is going on here? Is there any patch to fix this problem? I don't want to have to rely on my Xbox 360 to get the job done again, as that was just as much of a bitch, especially with the disc swaps.

User is online   X-Vector 

Seems your're not alone.

I installed the Steam verion earlier this week and that has given me a lot more issues than I expected from an id game.
It's now running pretty well after some tweaking, but I still haven't completely gotten rid of texture pop-in and microstuttering.
Fairly nice game so far, although it feels significantly more restricitve than the Borderlands games that I've also started playing recently.

User is offline   Toxic34 

Seems I jumped the gun, the freezing isn't stopping me from progressing past levels like I did before I downloaded the Scorchers DLC. But the playthrough is still problematic, and there really should be a patch to fix the playability issues. You'd think that after six years, id/Bethesda would've done so by now.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options