Duke4.net Forums: DN2: Did they revert the graphical changes to the Steam version? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DN2: Did they revert the graphical changes to the Steam version?

So obviously it's not even for sale anymore following the rights fiasco, but when Interceptor rereleased Duke Nukem 2 on Steam (among other platforms), he was altered to have his sunglasses in all his graphics in the game. I've still got my copy installed from the old platformer pack collection, but here's the weird thing: Duke's unaltered. There's not a single frame of him wearing sunglasses anywhere in the game. Did they revert their changes at some point before it got pulled from the store? And if so, does anyone know why? I'd ask somebody for the sunglasses graphics too, but I don't know if there's a way to distribute just those without teetering into warez territory...

User is offline   necroslut 

Yes, it was reverted around the time of the 3D Realms Anthology release. I'm not sure exactly why, but probably because people were asking for it and they wanted to present the game in it's original state.
There's a thread somewhere here on Duke4 with a download link for the sunglasses patch, IIRC.

User is offline   K1n9_Duk3 

The thread about the sunglasses patch can be found here.

There are some legal issues with the download, though. I told the author about this and also sent him some additional fixed images, but he never updated the patch.

If anyone has the patched version installed and wants to revert to the original game, this is what you need to do:
  • Delete every file that does not start with NUKEM2, except for the FILE_ID.DIZ file of course.
  • Grab a copy of the shareware version and replace the NUKEM2.F* files in your game folder with the ones from the shareware version.

This post has been edited by K1n9_Duk3: 25 July 2017 - 01:59 PM

User is online   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Could you upload your fixed patch?

User is offline   K1n9_Duk3 

View PostHendricks266, on 25 July 2017 - 02:20 PM, said:

Could you upload your fixed patch?

Done.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options