Duke4.net Forums: The DNF demo is now available in the DNF Museum site - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The DNF demo is now available in the DNF Museum site

User is offline   spessu_sb 

View PostAltered Reality, on 24 July 2017 - 01:07 PM, said:

Spoiler

edit: The obvious, trying to load up content that doesn't exist. lol.

This post has been edited by spessu_sb: 24 July 2017 - 06:13 PM

For the sake of completeness, I have added the Flawless Widescreen utility, even though it only works on pre-DLC releases of DNF.

View PostAltered Reality, on 25 July 2017 - 02:59 PM, said:

even though it only works on pre-DLC releases of DNF.

Is the same case for console degrader/downgrader?

Out of curiosity, I decided to want to try to have the full game with console and I actually did get the game to launch with those edited files but console doesn't work unlike in the demo. It did say something about it not either functioning with the DLC. So is this the issue here or is it about something else?

View Postspessu_sb, on 25 July 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

Is the same case for console degrader/downgrader?

No, the downgrader is meant to be used on the final version of DNF (the one that includes The Doctor Who Cloned Me) and it rolls the game back to a previous version. This makes the game incompatible with the DLC.
Are you sure you installed the downgrader correctly?

View PostAltered Reality, on 26 July 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

Are you sure you installed the downgrader correctly?

I followed the guide as best as I could. Did what it instructed to do and when I open the game using the cracked/provided .exe, I'm unable to open up the console with any key. But in the demo version I am able to fully use the console.

This post has been edited by spessu_sb: 03 August 2017 - 10:20 AM

whoa thanks : D

I've been searching for years for that demo just to archive it... nowhere to be found...

I remember I even complained it got deleted from Steam lol.. some of us actually paid for it with the preorder of DNF : P

This post has been edited by EvilEmperorZoRG {GR}: 26 November 2017 - 04:21 PM

Ummm... c:\User\Desktop\DNF\System\DukeForeverDemo.exe

Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus potentially unwanted software.

I don't know what to do.

View PostmrDUKE!zone, on 28 March 2018 - 12:07 AM, said:

Ummm... c:\User\Desktop\DNF\System\DukeForeverDemo.exe

Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus potentially unwanted software.

I don't know what to do.

It's a false positive caused by the crack for the demo. Yes, the demo needs a crack because it was originally released as a Steam app.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options