Duke4.net Forums: High Resolution Pack discussion and contributions - Duke4.net Forums

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

High Resolution Pack discussion and contributions

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Yes.

Please check your DMs :dukecigar:

User is offline   Xross 

Got some spare time to do these miscellaneous stuff: Help Screen and Credit Screen
Probably gonna add it to my next update while cleaning some UI stuff.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Even made credit names into hd. lel

User is offline   Necrobitz 

Xross they are very good, I like the skulls that are glimpsed in the marble.
The fourth image does not load.

What is the name of the font you used?

On the other hand it would be good if we looked for a way to function as a team, so as not to repeat work.

Although of course, we would have to agree on many points (style to follow, standardization of size, formats ...) and how to distribute the work.

well, it is an idea, although the original post of fgsfds started two years ago with a similar idea but did not materialize after all this time.

It would be good to do the same thing that has been done with the Duke3D HRP, which with its lights and shadows is very good, and they managed to work together, I would like to find the post (if there is one) where the tasks were distributed.

User is offline   Xross 

The fourth image was a credit screen actually edited a few times because there was an error in cleaver reflection (Initially I had no clue what was beneath the cleaver because how the original graphic was rendered lol)
By the time I was done with it, I couldn't edit my post any longer.
Posted Image
That one is currently in my recent update.

The header typeface I've used is Desdemona Black which is the font used in the game. It's a good header typeface but it's not really good for a description text.
The Description typeface I've used is Chaparral Pro, it's good for reading descriptive texts and I think it's a nice upgrade going HD from the pixellated text used in the original.
The size of the text and headers are the same point size and colour as the original so it should look as it is intended to be.

My goal of making these UI or any splash images is to replicate the original style as close as possible and make it work with other people's work. So far it's coming along. :dukecigar:

There are some things I cannot modify, such as letter spacing for the menu buttons, map titles and etc which actually requires programming to tweak them.

User is offline   zoromo27 

release pack,?

User is offline   Xross 

View Postzoromo27, on 24 July 2019 - 03:58 AM, said:

release pack,?

Most of the recent upscale addons are available at moddb.
My High resolution UI addon and Phredreeke's Sprite addon
Other stuff I had to find them through browsing this whole thread, which all of the work here is all still work in progress.

Unfortunately, there is no such pack that contains them all at this time being.

I posted this on Discord as well as my blog a while ago but I forgot posting it here

Posted Image

WIP!
Posted Image

Near to finish all textures of the first level.5

User is offline   gordon81 

View PostNecrobitz, on 04 August 2019 - 01:57 AM, said:

WIP!
Posted Image

Near to finish all textures of the first level.5

sorry man, but your "work" is a fucking shit, floor textures from soldier of fortune 2 double helix :dukecigar: ...

Your textures destroy the atmosphere and original concept art.

please, don´t fuck classic Blood game with child make ups.

Thank for your constructive opinions.

If you don't like it don't use it.
Have a nice day.

I will rectify my previous comment as it deserves a comment like yours.

The texture does not come from soldier of fortune, Looks like we got us a wiseass here.

It always happens that, those who do less, and less have to offer are those who come to fuck in the forums, that has a name, I do not need to tell you what it is, you know it well.

Go play these little soldier games, of which you know their textures so well and let others live peacefully.

fucking clown of the balls.

View PostNecrobitz, on 04 August 2019 - 09:35 AM, said:

I will rectify my previous comment as it deserves a comment like yours.

The texture does not come from soldier of fortune, Looks like we got us a wiseass here.

It always happens that, those who do less, and less have to offer are those who come to fuck in the forums, that has a name, I do not need to tell you what it is, you know it well.

Go play these little soldier games, of which you know their textures so well and let others live peacefully.

fucking clown of the balls.

the truth hurts :dukecigar: your textures don´t fit with the original blood concept art.

if it is not from soldier of fortune double helix... it is from Star Wars Jedi Outcast or any Doom hd texture packs from early 00s ago.

Baby it´s only a democratic opinion.

don't hit one! keep saying games, because you won't find it, it's none.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

lmao I have no dog in this fight as I'm not a Blood regular, but I would mention that the Duke community survived for years with a project called the "HRP", which has the same aesthetic look as the screen Necrobitz posted. I personally don't like the look myself either, but we can all get along if you just ignore content you don't like.

View PostNecrobitz, on 04 August 2019 - 10:34 AM, said:

don't hit one! keep saying games, because you won't find it, it's none.

You have many fails in your project, don't respect 4:3 aspect ratio... for example.

Really, do you need spent your time creating textures for get horrible aspect than the origial textures?

What will the textures have to do with the format in which I have the screen?

We are in 2019, do you think I will have a 4: 3 CRT monitor?
The textures have the original size expanded to 4X.
I really need to spend my time on whatever I want, it is incredible that you now question how I occupy my time. I think you have no solid arguments. Eg. ---> 4: 3

As a second point.
Thank you Radar, your comment is constructive and kind.
Certainly, if someone is not going to do anything, or contribute something positive, it is better to keep their mouths closed, since what others are doing altruistically does not affect them in any way.

Nor is it okay to start ranting just seeing a sad capture, there is much more work than a door, a floor and a wall, work that I will be showing when I agree with him.

Nobody pays me to do this, I do it because I like it, the truth is that it takes me many hours but I don't care, my reward is to see it later working well in the game according to my parameters, most of the textures are photos that I have done, and many hours of photoshop and some of blender, at the moment I am not using anything from other texture packs or from any place, later I plan to redo / modify some textures that are quite good of the BloodCM HRP or other sources, it would be silly to do something again that I think is either good, or I will not do better.

I'm trying to stick to the original textures as much as I can, doing it my way and trying to make everything consistent. And all this can go according to the excellent work that Xross and Phredreeke are doing.

When I have a considerable volume of tiles, I will prepare a beta version for anyone to try, it is recalled that this is not mandatory.

By the way, if someone wants to participate of course they can, do it on their own or by following some "quality parameters" that are more or less exposed above, you can contact here or by message.

Regards!

Some side by side captures.

Message to gordon81: don't waste your precious time criticizing, I don't give a shit.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Going from memory, the grassy ground outside the crypt and the crematorium uses PLU 6, and the golden wall engraving in the crypt uses PLU 9.

View PostPhredreeke, on 04 August 2019 - 02:59 PM, said:

Going from memory, the grassy ground outside the crypt and the crematorium uses PLU 6, and the golden wall engraving in the crypt uses PLU 9.

Yes Phredreeke, you're right, I still do not want to make palette variations because the tiles are not final, as I am making new ones I am retouching the first ones I made.

All info(and help) that you give me is always welcome, thank you very much!

User is offline   Mark 

You asked on the previous page about why it doesn't look like your normal and spec map textures are showing. You need to be running under the Polymer renderer and have light shining on those textures before they pop out. Height maps will show without a light but you still need to be in Polymer mode.

In my opinion, the textures are a bit too bright and colorfull. I would try adjusting the 3 sliders in the menu for a darker and less intense look. Some textures are too clean. I would make some of them dirty so they don't look like new.

This post has been edited by Mark: 04 August 2019 - 03:21 PM

Correct Mark!
I learned later that bloodgdx has no polymer at this time, I hope that with time m210 will integrate it, as I have many textures to do I am not in a hurry, but I would like to see it already working.

I forgot that I have the video settings of bluildgdx a bit exaggerated, I have the contrast very high, however the textures are also somewhat high in contrast, I did it a little on purpose, to go down to the right point, I have all files in photoshop so there is no danger of losing quality. Thanks for the note!

By the way Mark, I read in the first pages that you had done some textures for the hrp, a couple of days ago I made a selection of tiles that can be rescued and I suspect there are enough of you, you had uploaded a rar to drpbox but it no longer exists . I would like to know what they are.

On the other hand would you like to collaborate?
Four hundred and peak are enough for one, and there are some that I don't know how to attack, such as those of "meat walls" or those that have graphics, wall with female asses, teeth ... In general, those that do not have geometric shapes .

Regards !!

Sorry, but from my point of view, first you dont have any idea things like atmosphere or the original creepy art.

User is offline   Xross 

Xross here,
I am planning to upload this retro pack of my current hud remake.
Posted Image
I basically made all my work pixelated to fit the overall graphic style.
I think Ion Fury has proper visual for retro games like this, I am quite liking the retro visual in that game.

I've tried the nBlood modding method, and I found some graphics, not adjusted properly and is missing two side arms of the hud.
I may just have to readjust the graphic for it in the future.

The sides of the HUD is defined in the file blood_widescreen.def inside of blood.pk3

User is offline   Xross 

View PostPhredreeke, on 06 August 2019 - 07:12 AM, said:

The sides of the HUD is defined in the file blood_widescreen.def inside of blood.pk3

Thank you for the info, Phredreeke!
I've managed to compress my files into nblood.pk3 but now I am facing the new problem.

By the script in blood_wiidescreen.def "tilefromtexture" everything seems overscaled, making the work unviewable in NBlood.
Posted Image

However when I use my typical "texture ####" the graphic scales to proper proportion in blood standard but not nblood standard and so it does not match nblood hud, hence the numbers and other hud info are shown in offset.
Posted Image
For this example, I may try to stretch it until it fits the numbers and other hud info. (That's gonna be a grindy work.)

This problem exists for all the upscaled hud work unfortunately.

This is going to take awhile to figure out unless I know where to find the def scripting manual.
This is harder than I've expected! :|

tilefromtexture and texture works in different ways. tilefromtexture defines a new texture the same way as if it had been loaded from an ART file.
texture on the other hand defines a truecolor texture, which will fit the dimensions of the tile that is being replaced.

I think your options are

1. remove the definition for tile 2200 in blood_widescreen. load your HUD with the texture command - you should now have a correctly sized HUD but only for the middle portion.
2. edit the arms on the sides of the HUD onto the main tile, keep tile 2200 defined in blood_widescreen, define your new HUD as texture and it should appear correctly including the sides - however this will break compatibility with BloodGDX since that port expects the original tile's dimensions.

You don't need to distribute a separate nblood.pk3, including blood_widescreen.def in a zip file (loaded through the commandline or autoload folder) should override the one in nblood.pk3.

User is offline   86232and 

Perhaps, someone will want to use these tapestry images (textures 0610 and 0612) in graphic packages:

Posted Image Posted Image

Source links:

User is online   Tekedon 

Found a bug in the upscale pack, includning a video of the bug. It's when killing gillbeasts with fire. Seems like it does not play the full animation.

https://youtu.be/X60Tuxdo7j4

Thank you for noticing it. I have no idea how this came about but if you search through the def file for texture 3120 then change upscale/tile3119t.png to upscale/tile3120t.png it should fix it. This goes as far back as the old upscale pack I released (and exist because I was too lazy to generate new DEF files)

User is offline   Xross 

Finally, I was able to make my hud module compatible with NBlood properly.
I've uploaded the file here

Also added that retro-ish style to the mod. However, I've included the clean version of my hud so you can change it if you don't like it.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Xross: 09 August 2019 - 03:31 PM

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options