Duke4.net Forums: High Resoultion Pack discussion and contributions - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

High Resoultion Pack discussion and contributions

User is offline   Xross 

Thank you so much for the tiles Phredreeke, I was able to figure out how it was aligned. Basically arms and the bar were overlapping by one pixel so aligning the image with noise could've been very hard.
I had to mimic the alignment in photoshop and drew from there. As far as I know, there need some clean ups to do but it worked so far.

Posted Image

+ I also realized... BloodGDX.jar itself is a package executable file. hahaha So I managed to implement all images I've created. I'll release the update when it's cleaned up.

This post has been edited by Xross: 25 September 2018 - 04:55 PM

User is offline   skitey 

View PostXross, on 25 September 2018 - 04:31 PM, said:

Thank you so much for the tiles Phredreeke, I was able to figure out how it was aligned. Basically arms and the bar were overlapping by one pixel so aligning the image with noise could've been very hard.
I had to mimic the alignment in photoshop and drew from there. As far as I know, there need some clean ups to do but it worked so far.

Posted Image

+ I also realized... BloodGDX.jar itself is a package executable file. hahaha So I managed to implement all images I've created. I'll release the update when it's cleaned up.

nice work xross, looks great

User is offline   Xross 

I am not sure if anyone has an issue when trying to get Phredreeke's upscale r07 to get working (at least I was), but for those who suffers from the same issue, I think I solved that problem.
- Extracted the zip file into new folder.
- Opened all *.def files in Notepad, except I removed the bloodgdx.def
- Copy and paste all text in all def files into one def file and save it. (In my case, I saved it as "textures.def")
- Remove all def except the *.def file you have saved.
- Compress all the folder content into textures.zip (Do not compress the folder itself. The name must be same as the def file.)
- Move the zip file into autoload folder.

That pretty much made the package working again.

I will be providing my own optional def file with the update if you are planning to use with it. (I only made my own health and ammo numbers using same typeface from the menu.)
It blends nicely with my work in progress.

Posted Image

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Yeah I've been meaning to make a new version but I've been focusing on other stuff.

I can send some unused stuff I've had on my harddrive if you want, see if it's useful to what you're doing,

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

My main focus over the last decade or so has been modelling and rendering. It's only recently that I got into 'proper' rigging and animating. Until then. I just added a very basic skeleton and animated all the standard animation cycles like I was doing claymation - moving one limb at a time. No constraints, no helper bones, no IK at all.

It's only since KuriKai on the Doom modelling project decided to take up animation (and found out that he's fairly good at it) that I have also concentrated on this. I could always just get the animations I needed done in far less time than it took to research how to import the animation files into Blender and link them up with the skeleton. Also, I don't know if there are enough different existing animation files online that would look good with the models in Doom/EDuke.

I had a Kinect in the house for ages, but British houses (read: 'shoeboxes') aren't made for setting up an ad-hoc mocap studio in a corner of the living room.

User is offline   Xross 

It has been awhile after I uploaded the loading screen image... I've finally managed to finish the UI rework.
You can download from this link: https://files.fm/f/9gcgatdg

To install, just extract the zip file into autoload folder.
There are some optional stuff I included in zip file, such as: darker blood, brighter gun flashes, and high resolution fonts.

This module changes these from the original UI:
Posted Image
Loading screens are in all 3 different ratios 4:3, 16:9, 21:9

Posted Image
Menu is upscaled (the file includes the high resolution font, just in case you do not have one), including blood dripping in the menu.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
3rd status bar UI mode is now unobtrusive.

Your feedbacks are welcome!

This post has been edited by Xross: 12 October 2018 - 06:53 PM

User is offline   Xross 

I cannot edit my own post somehow... but that previous link is no longer valid. Download from this one instead: https://files.fm/u/a92cwscz

User is offline   Tekedon 

Someone should compile a pack for download with both Phredreeke's stuff and Xross stuff for convinience.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

I'd like to state that I'm perfectly fine with Xross using my content in his pack. My focus has been on Redneck Rampage lately and Blood has been kinda neglected.

If the background pack is to be integrated then it needs some heavy curation IMO (a lot of palette variations are redundant)

I may also opt to scale certain textures so their vertical resolution is a power of 2 such as the grandfather clock.

User is offline   Xross 

View PostPhredreeke, on 13 October 2018 - 06:51 AM, said:

I'd like to state that I'm perfectly fine with Xross using my content in his pack. My focus has been on Redneck Rampage lately and Blood has been kinda neglected.

If the background pack is to be integrated then it needs some heavy curation IMO (a lot of palette variations are redundant)

I may also opt to scale certain textures so their vertical resolution is a power of 2 such as the grandfather clock.

Oops, I should've asked you if you are okay with me to use your font module into my pack. But thank you for letting me include your content in my pack!
I just wanna make my work to be included as default in the future version of BloodGDX, the HD font should be a default as well.

If there is anything I've missed, I will address them if need be.

This post has been edited by Xross: 13 October 2018 - 01:40 PM

User is offline   Xross 

Just for people who wants the 3rd status bar in Original form, you can follow my instructions and make it to this:
Posted Image

1. Extract hud.zip into the new folder (Creating separate folder should save yourself from file cluttering.)
2. Open "hud" folder where you have extracted the zip compression. ("hud" folder contains texture files.)
3. Rename tile2201b.png and tile2173b.png into tile2201.png and tile2173.png (Make sure you delete existing files that has same name first or it won't save.)
4. Return to the folder where hud.def exists.
5. Highlight hud.def and hud folder, then create new zip file. Your new zip file must have same name as hud.def, so therefore the zip file name is hud.zip
6. Cut and paste your new "hud.zip" into autoload.
7. Enjoy!

Well, that will be the solution for now. I may create two sets of versions in the future update if these steps are hard to follow.

This post has been edited by Xross: 15 October 2018 - 12:30 PM

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options