Duke4.net Forums: Highlighting Things - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Highlighting Things  "Just wondering if there is a better way."

User is offline   eGraphics 

Hey I'm trying to work on some maps using TROR and I've come across some small issues.

You know how you have to highlight (in green) a single sector (by pressing Right Alt or the middle mouse button) at a time, then press Ctrl E to create a room over room. Well I'm trying to highlight in green a single sector by pressing Right Alt or the middle mouse button. But other sectors around and inside the sector I want to create a TROR effect on get in the way and highlighted too.

Well I have an idea or a question for the forums. You know how you can press Ctrl Tap and it'll highlight a single sector in red. Well is there a button I can hit to turn that red highlight into a green one so I could create the TROR effect that I'm looking for. If there isn't a button. Can we please get one on the next Mapster update. :P

PS : In this picture I'm trying to create see through water on the side of a beach. But I have other maps where the solution to my problem isn't as simple as morphing the sector.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0000.png
  • Attached Image: capt0001.png

User is online   Mark 

If you haven't already tried it, pressing F3 in 2D mode and using ( in my case A and Z and mouse wheel ) you can move around for more precise control in dense areas. Then use your ALT for select as usual.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 16 July 2017 - 05:09 PM

User is offline   Kyanos 

CTRL & ' & R-ALT

also reverse works
CTRL & ; & R-ALT (3 key combo) removes sector mouse is in from highlighted list...

so one can hold right alt and use mouse to highlight a lot, then 3 key combo remove unnecessary sectors from highlight.

This post has been edited by Drek: 16 July 2017 - 05:14 PM

View PostMark., on 16 July 2017 - 05:09 PM, said:

If you haven't already tried it, pressing F3 in 2D mode and using ( in my case A and Z and mouse wheel ) you can move around for more precise control in dense areas. Then use your ALT for select as usual.

Not a bad idea. It does help. Thank you.

This post has been edited by eGraphics: 16 July 2017 - 05:40 PM

View PostDrek, on 16 July 2017 - 05:13 PM, said:

CTRL & ' & R-ALT

also reverse works
CTRL & ; & R-ALT (3 key combo) removes sector mouse is in from highlighted list...

so one can hold right alt and use mouse to highlight a lot, then 3 key combo remove unnecessary sectors from highlight.

This works perfectly. Thank you. You guys are awesome.

This post has been edited by eGraphics: 16 July 2017 - 05:40 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options