Duke4.net Forums: Rigelatins - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rigelatins

User is offline   Doomfrost 

I've been playing Duke II again recently and have a new respect for the enemies in this game. So much so I would like to see the Rigelatins return in a future Duke title.
I think if done right they could be down right creepy.

User is offline   LkMax 

I was checking the wiki to see what enemies appeared in DN2 and this little guy is very familiar from a certain game that would come a few years later:
https://vignette1.wi...=20100630112207

User is offline   NNC 

Are they speaking latin?

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I always thought it would be cool to resurrect some of the old Duke 1 & 2 enemies in a more modern version.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

I've always assumed that the standard trooper in spacesuit from LameDuke (and later versions known from screenshots) was kinda the same thing as the blue spacesuit enemy from Duke Nukem II.

User is offline   Adekis 

Yeah, I'm definitely a big fan of the aliens in this game. For someone whose exposure to the character was Duke Nukem 3D, I got tired fighting the same enemies over and over, and Dr. Proton's robots from the original just aren't memorable. The Rigelatins on the other hand stand out really strongly as awesome villains with tons of unique and interesting enemies! Not that the later aliens from Duke Nukem 3D don't have personality, I'm just overexposed to them.

What I'd really like to see from future Duke Nukem games is a whole new set of villains we've never seen before. Just set up a greater sense that Duke can really fight anyone or do anything, rather than the sense DNF gave me that this is a man who always fights the same mad scientist and the same aliens.

User is offline   Gargoyle 

Would definitely look forward to a new Duke game set in the unknown alien world where duke2 took place. Lots of sick concepts, such as the ruined cities ravaged by storms where Duke is hunted by drones and various green slugs.

Adekis, on 04 August 2017 - 04:21 PM, said:

What I'd really like to see from future Duke Nukem games is a whole new set of villains we've never seen before.

This is one of the reasons I enjoyed Duke Nukem's Bulletstorm Tour. True, I never played the original Bulletstorm, but seeing Duke against completely new enemies, with completely new crazy weapons, was great.

User is offline   spessu_sb 

Altered Reality, on 05 August 2017 - 01:19 PM, said:

This is one of the reasons I enjoyed Duke Nukem's Bulletstorm Tour. True, I never played the original Bulletstorm, but seeing Duke against completely new enemies, with completely new crazy weapons, was great.

Original DNF concepts were also going for something like this since they experimented with the ant-enemies/something aswell as mutated tentacle edf soldiers.

I have to agree with the topic that I would prefer if in the next Duke game we wouldn't necessarily fight the same pig cops and assault troopers. Bring the ant-enemies and tentacle edf's to life and have something new. New like.. maybe some virus infected animals who are in rage mode and their only goal is to kill (28 Days Later). Some sort of different alien creatures also. Don't even think of adding in zombies though.

spessu_sb, on 05 August 2017 - 02:48 PM, said:

Original DNF concepts were also going for something like this since they experimented with the ant-enemies/something aswell as mutated tentacle edf soldiers.

I know. :thumbsup:
http://duke4ever.alt...eptart1999.html
http://duke4ever.alt...eptart2000.html

Bring the ant-enemies and tentacle edf's to life and have something new.

I'd like to see that, but...

New like.. maybe some virus infected animals who are in rage mode and their only goal is to kill (28 Days Later). Some sort of different alien creatures also.

That's too... normal. There's a kind of enemy I want to see, because it would make lots of people butthurt: human activists for the rights of aliens, satirizing both the politically-correct sheeple (so they call Duke and the EDF "racists") and PETA (so they claim that aliens ought to be renamed as "space kittens"). Maybe in a parade where they march around with guns they use against EDF, as well as signs depicting Duke in a KKK hood (with sunglasses on the outside), saying things like "God created aliens too" and "If EDF keeps murdering immigrants from space, who are the real monsters?" and ending up gunned down by the very aliens they were protecting.

Don't even think of adding in zombies though.

I completely agree. I've considered zombies the shittiest, most boring kind of enemies since 2005.

This post has been edited by Altered Reality: 05 August 2017 - 05:56 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

The Rigelatins always seemed very ominous to me. More than any other Duke villains. Very intelligent malicious creatures without mercy that were always calm and calculated and weren't influenced or intimidated by Duke's cocky attitude character. To be fair, I don't think any Duke enemies were, but the Rigelatins always seemed...."supreme" somehow. Maybe they're not that, but that's the way it seemed to me when I was a kid.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options