Duke4.net Forums: re: downloading Duke 4 - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

re: downloading Duke 4

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View Postreble11, on 12 July 2017 - 11:53 PM, said:

MusicallyInspired. I don't have the code book anymore. But I know it by sight that it is computer binary code. An old joke that I say some times go's like this " I speak and read 2 languages. English and 01010100 01010100 01010100". Then if the person doesn't catch on I then say it is computer binary language, the basic language spoken by computers. :P ;) I have done some binary code programing in the past. I was working on 2 way radios when the 1st two way radios came out with the 1st basic freq setup via a cable to the computer. Nothing like the SDR (software defined radio) of today.

01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01010100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001

It's from the latest rock opera Ayreon album "The Source" in which one of the characters is an android and sings a whole lyric section with those numbers. His name is TH-1. Great story, great album. Highly recommend.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

If you want to play Duke Nukem 4 (commonly known as Forever) on PC without using Steam, all you have to do is visit this website here and download it. It's a free download, too, and I promise you won't get in trouble for pirating!

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 14 July 2017 - 05:49 PM

User is offline   reble11 

HulkNukem. I looked at the web page http://www.moddb.com...e-nukem-forever and I don't see any download link for Duke Nukem 4 (or forever). Now I mite be missing something. I just got back from a 12 hour round trip drive to Renton Wa in my minivan with no working air conditoning and the high temperature of 103° today. I can't wait until Aug 3rd gets here and I get my new/used minivan. And it has working air conditoning, u turn that a/c up and it feels like u walked into big walk in ice box. :P ;)

View PostHulkNukem, on 14 July 2017 - 05:48 PM, said:

If you want to play Duke Nukem 4 (commonly known as Forever) on PC without using Steam, all you have to do is visit this website here and download it. It's a free download, too, and I promise you won't get in trouble for pirating!

User is offline   Player Lin 

View Postreble11, on 14 July 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

HulkNukem. I looked at the web page http://www.moddb.com...e-nukem-forever and I don't see any download link for Duke Nukem 4 (or forever). Now I mite be missing something. I just got back from a 12 hour round trip drive to Renton Wa in my minivan with no working air conditoning and the high temperature of 103° today. I can't wait until Aug 3rd gets here and I get my new/used minivan. And it has working air conditoning, u turn that a/c up and it feels like u walked into big walk in ice box. :P :D

That's a mod of Duke Nukem 3D, which is what DNF should be like for most of Duke fans.

Of course it's not the DNF what you want for sure. ;)

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 15 July 2017 - 01:56 AM

Guest_reble_*

I have Duke Nukem 3D and 3D atomic. both came on the 3 cd set "Duke Nukem kill a ton" that I got new a long time ago. I still need to find a complete walk through for Duke Nukem 3D .

View PostPlayer Lin, on 15 July 2017 - 01:54 AM, said:

That's a mod of Duke Nukem 3D, which is what DNF should be like for most of Duke fans.

Of course it's not the DNF what you want for sure. :P

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Pro tip: just give Steam another go. It's objectively a good system and I have no idea when was the last time you tried it but if it's been years then things changed for the better. They always do.

User is offline   Maisth 

there's this totally legit site that i didn't made up where you can download Duke 4 complete version 100% legit no fake

www,totallylegitsitetobuydukenukem4nofake60usd4real.dnf

On a serious note unless you want to download it ilegally by pirating it there's no other way of playing DNF than Steam.

This post has been edited by Maisth: 24 October 2017 - 07:38 PM

I keep getting "Server not found, Firefox can’t find the server at www.www,totallylegitsitetobuydukenukem4nofake60usd4real.dnf." when I tried to log into the link bellow.

Steve

View PostMaisth, on 24 October 2017 - 07:37 PM, said:

there's this totally legit site that i didn't made up where you can download Duke 4 complete version 100% legit no fake

www,totallylegitsitetobuydukenukem4nofake60usd4real.dnf

On a serious note unless you want to download it ilegally by pirating it there's no other way of playing DNF than Steam.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

I was gonna be mad at whoever bumped this but I'm glad I clicked to see what happened :rolleyes:

View Postreble11, on 24 October 2017 - 08:28 PM, said:

I keep getting "Server not found, Firefox can’t find the server at www.www,totallylegitsitetobuydukenukem4nofake60usd4real.dnf." when I tried to log into the link bellow.

Steve

Site works perfectly for me, I got six free copies of DNF! You just have to fix a typo in the link, change the ',' after 'www' to '.'

I am still getting an error message when I click on the link. This time from my ISP "No Results Found for “Totally Legit Site to Buy Duke Nukem 4no Fake USD Real”" and that is after I corrected the typo.

View PostTheZombieKiller, on 25 October 2017 - 04:20 AM, said:

Site works perfectly for me, I got six free copies of DNF! You just have to fix a typo in the link, change the ',' after 'www' to '.'

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

They must have pre-banned your IP then. It happens.

Kirk Johnson has free copies of DNF, and I have a QR code to his website, but I'm afraid I'll be banned if I post it.

User is offline   Paul B 

You digital guys are sure giving the analog guy a hard time. The reason you will be hard pressed to find a non steam licensed version of Duke Nukem 3D is because it doesn't exist. All software companies have moved to digital licenses using online services. The main reason for this is to ensure people are purchasing the software legally and not pirating it. With digital licenses they can control who can use the software and can ban a license if for any reason it has been activated too many times. It's an attempt to stop piracy, maximize profits & improve deployments. Steam had a terrible launch when it first came out and it took many years to get it right. Now the platform has finally matured and proven to be a lot more reliable. It is also nice that you never have to worry about misplacing a product license as all your licenses become transparent and tied to your steam e-mail account. And i'm sure you probably already knew that.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 25 October 2017 - 11:31 PM

1st off I have legal non-stream, fully licensed Duke Nukem 3D on disk. 2nd we are talking about Duke 4. Not Dukem Nukem 3D. 3rd I tried the "platform steam" once. I downloaded the steam platform and the next day when I turned on my laptop. Everything was fine (OS Win7 Home 32bit) until I started steam ( was lucky I hadn't plugged in my D: hard drive in the USB case yet). When I started the stream prog. My laptop went nuts, like R2D2 on crack. It pop, made all kinds of weird beeping sounds and then died, deader then a door nail. I had to change out the "C" hard drive and the memory sticks to make the laptop work again. And then partition the new hard drive and format it before reinstalling everything from the backup disks starting with the OS. That's why I don't like stream and I will never use it again.

A PS: I still have the original MS DOS Duke Nukem and a lot of other MS DOS games that I play on Win7 via the DosBox emulator.

View PostPaul B, on 25 October 2017 - 10:51 PM, said:

You digital guys are sure giving the analog guy a hard time. The reason you will be hard pressed to find a non steam licensed version of Duke Nukem 3D is because it doesn't exist. All software companies have moved to digital licenses using online services. The main reason for this is to ensure people are purchasing the software legally and not pirating it. With digital licenses they can control who can use the software and can ban a license if for any reason it has been activated too many times. It's an attempt to stop piracy, maximize profits & improve deployments. Steam had a terrible launch when it first came out and it took many years to get it right. Now the platform has proven to be a lot more reliable. It is also nice that you never have to worry about misplacing a product license as all your licenses become transparent and tied to your steam e-mail account. And i'm sure you probably already knew that.

This post has been edited by reble11: 26 October 2017 - 12:07 AM

User is offline   Paul B 

View Postreble11, on 25 October 2017 - 11:51 PM, said:

1st off I have legal non-stream, fully licensed Duke Nukem 3D on disk. 2nd we are talking about Duke 4. Not Dukem Nukem 3D. 3rd I tried the "platform steam" once. I downloaded the steam platform and the next day when I turned on my laptop. Everything was fine (OS Win7 Home 32bit) until I started steam ( was lucky I hadn't plugged in my D: hard drive in the USB case yet). When I started the stream prog. My laptop went nuts, like R2D2 on crack. It pop, made all kinds of weird beeping sounds and then died, deader then a door nail. I had to change out the "C" hard drive and the memory sticks to make the laptop work again. And then partition the new hard drive and format it before reinstalling everything from the backup disks starting with the OS. That's why I don't like stream and I will never use it again.

A PS: I still have the original MS DOS Duke Nukem and a lot of other MS DOS games that I play on Win7 via the DosBox emulator.

Well if you think Steam was the result of your crappy hardware failing then there's absolutely no reasoning with you. Even a virus attempting to destroy the head /motor on a hard-drive wouldn't happen in the time frame you're describing. Sorry to hear about your shitty luck with hardware.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 26 October 2017 - 02:44 AM

1st off I don't like your term "crappy hardware". The laptop in question is a Dell Inspiron 15-3541. It is not junk and it is just about a year and a half old. I am a reasonable person. Insults just cause problems. Throwing insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong. And is the sign of an insecure, closed minded person that is a Mashugana and a Yutz.

View PostPaul B, on 26 October 2017 - 02:24 AM, said:

Well if you think Steam was the result of your crappy hardware failing then there's absolutely no reasoning with you. Even a virus attempting to destroy the head /motor on a hard-drive wouldn't happen in the time frame you're describing. Sorry to hear about your shitty luck with hardware.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

bad hardware happens in good computers that were mass assembled from a bin of parts - had nothing to do with the steam program other than maybe the extra load exposed the problem, you got unlucky.

User is offline   Maisth 

View Postreble11, on 26 October 2017 - 03:51 AM, said:

1st off I don't like your term "crappy hardware". The laptop in question is a Dell Inspiron 15-3541. It is not junk and it is just about a year and a half old. I am a reasonable person. Insults just cause problems. Throwing insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong. And is the sign of an insecure, closed minded person that is a Mashugana and a Yutz.

Can you even run DNF with that Laptop?

Another thing you could do is buy DNF Digitally or Physically whatever your preferences are, and THEN You could download a pirated copy of the game (This way you aren't hurting anyone really since you could do what you want with the copy of a game)

User is offline   Paul B 

View Postreble11, on 26 October 2017 - 03:51 AM, said:

I meant no personal offense by the term "crappy hardware". I call every piece of hardware that fails crap (even my own). It's just a bad personal habit I have. All electronics can fail at some point. Some more prone than others depending on how considerate the manufacturer is when selecting components. I mean some times a few cents can be the difference between a quality product and one that's aweful. Definitely there is a fine line. I've seen expensive hardware fail just as much as cheap stuff. If there's going to be a problem with hardware I'm guaranteed to be the sucker who finds it.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 26 October 2017 - 07:10 PM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options