Duke4.net Forums: re: downloading Duke 4 - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

re: downloading Duke 4

User is offline   reble11 

Were can I find a copy of this Duke 4 that I can download?

Steve

User is offline   Lunick 

...on Steam? Or are you wanting an archive copy of the website/forums?

I want a copy that I can play on windows WITHOUT Steam. I tried Steam and I didn't like it.

View PostLunick, on 11 July 2017 - 01:48 AM, said:

...on Steam? Or are you wanting an archive copy of the website/forums?

User is offline   Mark 

What the heck is Duke 4? Does he mean DNF? I thought that Steam is the only way to get the game.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

It's tied to Steam.

You would have to get it off amazon

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

They'd still give you a Steam unlock.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

There's no non-piracy answer. It's a Steamworks game. It's not available DRM free. Unless you get it for PS3 or 360.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 11 July 2017 - 07:21 AM

It is an awesome game and the controls are intuitive, but Hendricks266 and TerminX are two overpowered characters to me. Fortunately the DLC rebalance them a little. Apparently the next chapter will be developed by EA.

I am NOT repeat NOT looking for a pirated copy. I want to buy a copy that doesn't run on Steamworks. Like I said before I tried Steamworks and I am not a fan of of it.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 11 July 2017 - 07:21 AM, said:

There's no non-piracy answer. It's a Steamworks game. It's not available DRM free. Unless you get it for PS3 or 360.

This post has been edited by reble11: 11 July 2017 - 02:38 PM

Such a thing does not exist. I'm afraid you're out of luck.

User is offline   Lunick 

Duke Nukem Forever is only available via Steam for PC.

User is offline   Hank 

View Postreble11, on 11 July 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

I am NOT repeat NOT looking for a pirated copy. I want to buy a copy that doesn't run on Steamworks. Like I said before I tried Steamworks and I am not a fan of of it.

I'm not a fan of Steam either. I play all games, (very few on Steam) off-line, below is a link on how too.
https://support.stea...=3160-agcb-2555

• The Sarien Encounter

I didn't say you were. I just said those were the only options. There's no legal non-Steam non-console way.

User is offline   K1n9_Duk3 

You could contact Gearbox and 2K and politely ask them to release Duke Nukem Forever on GOG.com.

Buy the PS3 or Xbox 360 version. They are not Steam-dependent. If you specifically want to DOWNLOAD it, as opposed to buying a physical version, it's available for purchase on the PSN. I have no idea if you can do the same on the Xbox 360, as I never had one.

User is offline   spessu_sb 

View PostAltered Reality, on 12 July 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

Buy the PS3 or Xbox 360 version. They are not Steam-dependent. If you specifically want to DOWNLOAD it, as opposed to buying a physical version, it's available for purchase on the PSN. I have no idea if you can do the same on the Xbox 360, as I never had one.

I know this doesn't really have hell to do the with the discussion but did the console versions ever get that expanded inventory patch, or atleast reduced loading times? I'm a PC player but just asking this out of curiosity..

This post has been edited by spessu_sb: 12 July 2017 - 07:13 PM

I am a PC Windows player. I don't own or have the room to put in a Xbox 360 or a Play Station-N. Every inch of space in my room is taken up including things tacked on the walls.

View PostAltered Reality, on 12 July 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

• The Sarien Encounter

Then you're out of luck, man. :P

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostK1n9_Duk3, on 12 July 2017 - 12:50 PM, said:

You could contact Gearbox and 2K and politely ask them to release Duke Nukem Forever on GOG.com.

They're Good Old Games, not Shitty Games From Six Years Ago.

MusicallyInspired. I don't have the code book anymore. But I know it by sight that it is computer binary code. An old joke that I say some times go's like this " I speak and read 2 languages. English and 01010100 01010100 01010100". Then if the person doesn't catch on I then say it is computer binary language, the basic language spoken by computers. :P ;) I have done some binary code programing in the past. I was working on 2 way radios when the 1st two way radios came out with the 1st basic freq setup via a cable to the computer. Nothing like the SDR (software defined radio) of today.

01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01010100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001

This post has been edited by reble11: 12 July 2017 - 11:54 PM

I always preferred to write it as "I speak 10 languages." :P

User is offline   LkMax 

There are 10 kinds of people, those who know how to count in binary, those who don't, and those who start counting at 0.

View PostJimmy, on 12 July 2017 - 10:15 PM, said:

GOG sells Turok 2 (a.k.a. copy-pasted corridor simulator), your argument is invalid. :P

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

To be fair, he said "Shitty Games From Six Years Ago".

LOL LkMax. I used to also work for Heathkit. Were u could buy all kinds of electronic kits and put them together. I worked as a troubleshooter in trying to fix the mistakes that people make in putting the kits together. I have seen some real doozies brought in for repair. Some repairs costed more to fix then the whole kit brand new. It cost a bit more but Heathkit would sell u the kit pre-assembled. I had a lot of fun putting them together. I had to retire from fixing electronic things because I now have micro hand Tremors, I can't hold the soldering iron still anymore. I was messing up to many pc boards

View PostLkMax, on 13 July 2017 - 05:31 AM, said:

There are 10 kinds of people, those who know how to count in binary, those who don't, and those who start counting at 0.

GOG sells Turok 2 (a.k.a. copy-pasted corridor simulator), your argument is invalid. :P

View Postspessu_sb, on 12 July 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

I know this doesn't really have hell to do the with the discussion but did the console versions ever get that expanded inventory patch, or atleast reduced loading times? I'm a PC player but just asking this out of curiosity..

No.

User is offline   K1n9_Duk3 

View PostJimmy, on 12 July 2017 - 10:15 PM, said:

I can't find that "Good Old Games" name anywhere on GOG.com. Can you provide a link?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

It's historical; they dropped the moniker once they started selling more than just back catalog. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GOG.com

User is offline   Mark 

View Postreble11, on 12 July 2017 - 11:53 PM, said:

MusicallyInspired. I don't have the code book anymore. But I know it by sight that it is computer binary code. An old joke that I say some times go's like this " I speak and read 2 languages. English and 01010100 01010100 01010100". Then if the person doesn't catch on I then say it is computer binary language, the basic language spoken by computers. :P ;) I have done some binary code programing in the past. I was working on 2 way radios when the 1st two way radios came out with the 1st basic freq setup via a cable to the computer. Nothing like the SDR (software defined radio) of today.

01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01010100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001

I haven't used it in at least 5 years but I still have an old Win98 laptop with programming software and a homebrew serial port level converter and adapters for a number of 2way radios. Since the industry went digital and the used market overflowed with excess inventory and reselling profits plummeted I gave it up.

Mark there is still a use in Amateur Radio for that old Win98 laptop, the software and the interface if u want to get ride of it. I will take it off ur hands. I still have my Win98se OS cd's and the sound card software for digital transmission. Running digital transmission via the remote base requires 2 laptops to do it because the prog for the remote base and the digital prog decoder can't be on the same laptop. Both prog's are sound card programs and they can't talk to each other when on the same laptop. My other laptop that I was using, an old Toshiba laptop, the voltage regular on the mother board crapped and fried the mother board. I still have the interface cables to cross connect the sound cards. Can we work something out?

View PostMark., on 13 July 2017 - 04:35 PM, said:

I haven't used it in at least 5 years but I still have an old Win98 laptop with programming software and a homebrew serial port level converter and adapters for a number of 2way radios. Since the industry went digital and the used market overflowed with excess inventory and reselling profits plummeted I gave it up.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options