Duke4.net Forums: Secret Level bug - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Secret Level bug

User is offline   FireFlame 

It used to work just fine but now it just doesn't and don't know why..
Creating an episode containing 5 levels plus 2 secrets
I'm using a Hi-Tag of 6 for the first secret level but as soon as the button is pressed the game ends.
If i use a HT of 5 it jumps to the last level... What am i doing wrong?
I stopped working for a few years but im slowly regaining my old pace now and moving on with these maps. Hope someone can help me. Thank you.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostFireFlame, on 26 June 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

It used to work just fine but now it just doesn't and don't know why..
Creating an episode containing 5 levels plus 2 secrets
I'm using a Hi-Tag of 6 for the first secret level but as soon as the button is pressed the game ends.
If i use a HT of 5 it jumps to the last level... What am i doing wrong?
I stopped working for a few years but im slowly regaining my old pace now and moving on with these maps. Hope someone can help me. Thank you.

Don't you want the tag to be one less than the level? In the code files, the first level is 0, the next is 1 etc., so if you have 5 levels the tag should be set to 4. I think. I would have to check this in mapster to be sure.

User is offline   FireFlame 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 26 June 2017 - 12:58 PM, said:

Don't you want the tag to be one less than the level? In the code files, the first level is 0, the next is 1 etc., so if you have 5 levels the tag should be set to 4. I think. I would have to check this in mapster to be sure.

Just did a clean mapster folder and it works now... Something was making that error out... maybe too much .con files and/or map files... don't know.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options