Duke4.net Forums: MIDI and other issues - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MIDI and other issues

User is offline   HunterZ 

I own Megaton Edition on Steam and Atomic Edition on GOG, and would like to play the game on Windows 10 with a modern source port but with my Roland SC-88 MIDI synthesizer. I am currently able to do this with Doom via GZDoom, but it seems that neither the Megaton Edition (recorded soundtracks?) nor EDuke32 (OPL emulation?) support this for Duke32 on Windows ;) Is there something I'm missing? I tried messing with the EDUKE32_MUSIC_CMD environment variable, but it seems to be a Linux-only feature?

I also noticed that the launcher only seems to list 4:3 resolutions, but the engine seems to support 16:9 ones if I hack the config file. Is there a reason for this?

Finally, I noticed that when Polymer is enabled, EDuke32 only performs texture filtering on sky/skyline textures. Is this expected? If I disable polymer, EDuke32 respects the trilinear filter setting in the config file, and even bilinear filters all the 2D graphics. I don't like sharp pixels in old games, because I am old enough to remember that they were never that sharp on CRTs :P

This post has been edited by HunterZ: 24 June 2017 - 10:46 PM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

I've also tried to get EDuke32 to send the MIDI through the Windows default MIDI out but I've had no such luck.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options