BloodGDX (News & Releases)

User is offline   Manhs 

Thank you! I will try this one soon. :dukecigar:
NIce for the auto-save

This post has been edited by Manhs: 16 February 2018 - 02:08 AM

User is offline   max_nukem 

View PostM210, on 16 February 2018 - 12:13 AM, said:

Release 0.787

Thanks for the long-awaited release of the new version!

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

In his latest video, Gggmanlives discusses BloodGDX, which he thinks is the best way to play Blood on a modern seteup.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Cool but it's a shame he said BGDX doesn't play cutscenes while it does.

User is online   Lunick 

View PostZaxx, on 18 February 2018 - 01:56 AM, said:

Also said that Blood uses GRP files :dukecigar:

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostLunick, on 18 February 2018 - 01:58 AM, said:

Also said that Blood uses GRP files :dukecigar:

Yeah but that doesn't really matter from the user perspective, what bothers me overall is that I like GGGmanlives because he's usually pretty thorough while here BloodGDX got the short end of the stick because some facts and extra features regarding it weren't mentioned. For example:

- The fact that it's not a finished project and that chances are eventually it will be accurate to the original game.
- Custom difficulty selection, that's a huge plus in my book.
- How easily BGDX handles user content even at this state.
- Easy to use mods that improve the original experience like the 3D skyboxes, the voxel pack etc.

Guess he put together the video quickly and the focus was more on doing quick comparisons of the various "source ports".

User is online   Lunick 

His quality of videos have slipped (in my opinion) when he reviewed World Tour and didn't notice that the sound effects were muffled.

User is offline   axl 

I'm a bit disappointed that he spent almost 6 minutes (out of 8 and a half) before actually talking about BloodGDX :dukecigar:

Anyway, still nice that it got some media coverage !

User is offline   m210® 

I made "almost hot" release with fix crashes and some bug fixes

1. Starburst flares bug fix
2. Savegame files from original game don't crash the game now (Application exception in gameloop(): sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.position)
3. ChokeHand blind effect tweak
4. RFF files load resource fix
5. Wrong SMK file (For example, try to load MAP file) crash fix
6. Load user map with def-file and without Title crash fix

User is offline   Manhs 

What do you mean by "almost hot"?

User is offline   m210® 

View PostManhs, on 18 February 2018 - 11:44 PM, said:

What do you mean by "almost hot"?

Because between releases is 3 days :dukecigar: I a bit late with true hot release :)

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostM210, on 19 February 2018 - 12:15 AM, said:

Because between releases is 3 days :dukecigar: I a bit late with true hot release :)

Id Software released a hotfix for Quake Champions one and a half month after the patch it was made for dropped so 3 days is pretty much a hotfix in my book. :DD

User is offline   m210® 

I made auto total secret counter. You can see, that E3M1 have 10 secrets instead of 9, because there is a second sector with "secret flag" near super secret. It was a mistace of mapper, but very often you can see 10 / 9 found secrets or 5 / 0 found :dukecigar: This option fix this issue

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Mere_Duke 

View PostM210, on 20 February 2018 - 05:44 AM, said:

I made auto total secret counter. You can see, that E3M1 have 10 secrets instead of 9, because there is a second sector with "secret flag" near super secret. It was a mistace of mapper, but very often you can see 10 / 9 found secrets or 5 / 0 found :dukecigar: This option fix this issue

Personal spasibo for that!

User is offline   m210® 

Ok, new release :dukecigar:

v0.789

1. RFF/GRP can load from zip archives now (but not recommended, requires a lot of memory)
2. Auto total secrets counter option
3. MultiIni archives support
4. Infinity cheat new game fix
5. Added console key in controls setup
6. Used other ByteArrayInputStream for music (some people haven't music?)
7. Mouse in menu
8. Option for disable X or Y axis in advance axis setup menu
9. Some MidiDevice name encode fix
10. Fixed caleb rendering on minimap in 1280x1024 resolution
11. Texture non-powered of two loader
12. New savegame file format with version check
13. Minor crash fixes

View PostZaxx, on 18 February 2018 - 01:56 AM, said:

Alright finally can post on forums! Only to say...they doesn't play for me either :)

I bought the game on steam thinking that it's Shadow Warrior Redux type of deal and was shocked it's just original running on dosbox. While trying to set it up I went to check his video about Blood hoping he maybe gonna give some pointers and found this video about source mods.
So instead I just I gave up on setting it up and went full in with BloodGDX, well and as he said, cutscenes does not work. Had to watch them on youtube.

Sooo what's the deal? B) I would defi argue that it's not his fault saying they don't work since they really don't seem to work at least for me and him. But it does for rest of you here? What are we doing wrong? I mean it does not really matter at this point but I'm curious.
edit: should also point out that cutscenes in Deathwish plays no problem, Monolith logo cutscene also works BUT no sound

Otherwise BloodGDX is frigin godsend! This is what I thought I'm buying, Blood that works well on modern systems with good framerate, resolution and classic controls...only to find out that nothing like that was ever officially done since it's Monolith and so is stuck in that weird legal limbo as rest of their pre-FEAR games.

So god bless M210 for this!

This post has been edited by SENTIONAUTS: 09 March 2018 - 05:46 PM

User is offline   m210® 

View PostSENTIONAUTS, on 09 March 2018 - 05:35 PM, said:

Alright finally can post on forums! Only to say...they doesn't play for me either :)

Did you make this?

-------------------------------------
How to add cutscenes to the GOG and Steam versions:
-------------------------------------

— Download and install IZArc2Go: http://www.izarc.org/downloads
(you can also use your favorite CD images manager like Daemon Tools)

— In the game folder, find game.gog file and rename it to game.bin.

— Open game.bin in IZArc.

— Extract "movie" folder into the game folder.

This post has been edited by M210: 09 March 2018 - 11:18 PM

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostSENTIONAUTS, on 09 March 2018 - 05:35 PM, said:

Only to say...they doesn't play for me either :)

Have you unpacked the custscenes first? If not, check the readme on how to do that.

Now I feel really stupid. I did not read that readme file at all because everything just worked by simply putting it into Blood folder and since I heard cutscenes does not work I did not thought that is something that can be fixed.

Extracted the movie folder into blood folder and cutscenes work now, sound included. I say this calls for another playthrough on harder difficulty!

Thanks for being patient with me, well and thanks again for BloodGDX!

In that case GGgmanlives indeed should had looked into it some more before writing it off. But damn I should had too...instead going here for asnwer to something that is in damn readme file :) .

This post has been edited by SENTIONAUTS: 10 March 2018 - 01:53 AM

User is offline   VGA 

The readme should be in the website!

User is offline   Tekedon 

So Alex, what are you working on for BloodGDX at the moment? :)

User is offline   m210® 

I'm back to reverse engineering and today I finnaly synced official demo record from v1.21 :)

There is 3 demos more need to make synced.

User is offline   TheXna 

View PostM210, on 19 March 2018 - 10:16 PM, said:

I'm back to reverse engineering and today I finnaly synced official demo record from v1.21 :)

The video doesn't seem to work here, but it does on your channel! Great job! Oh btw, Are you going to include EGWhaven patches in your WitchavenGDX Port?

View PostM210, on 19 March 2018 - 10:16 PM, said:

Great work! Just out of interest, what is in the other demos that might make them unsynced? Is it due to the AI of some other enemies or stuff like that?

By the way. I have a suggestion, I noticed the "burning man" bug is fixed. Can you make that an optional fix somehow? Not sure if other people agree but I find it to be one of the funny quirks that happens sometimes that makes blood what it is.

User is offline   m210® 

Ah yeah, did something wrong with the link
https://youtu.be/a68mTDL79l0

I made new video with BLOOD001.DEM

Just out of interest, what is in the other demos that might make them unsynced?

I noticed that algorithm of sorting in original game and Java's sorting are differents. So, you will never seen those demos playing correctly in BloodGDX :) I copied sorted array from original game and pasted it in BloodGDX, and after that this demo playing correctly...but I did it for test only.

So, demos may unsync from anyway: differents in AI methods, spawn spark not in same coordinates, differents in sparks velocity and etc...

User is offline   m210® 

View PostTekedon, on 20 March 2018 - 05:14 AM, said:

By the way. I have a suggestion, I noticed the "burning man" bug is fixed. Can you make that an optional fix somehow? Not sure if other people agree but I find it to be one of the funny quirks that happens sometimes that makes blood what it is.

I forgot where in code I fixed it...so no :)

This post has been edited by M210: 20 March 2018 - 05:24 AM

User is offline   m210® 

I started comparing BLOOD002.DEM and of cource I have unsync :)
Look at the screenshots....pictures looks like same, but bseed variables are different (it's a engine's variable for Random method) And you can see, that direction of blood trail of zombie head at right of the screen also different.

So, I will see, when and where I had this unsync

EDIT:

Ok, I found it: there is a differents in breakable glasswall. Different coordinates in spawn sparks

EDIT2:

I found my typo:

before fix it was
if ( floorz < nextfloorz )
fz = nextfloorz;

after fix:
if ( floorz >= nextfloorz )
fz = nextfloorz;

Now this tick working as in original,and I fixed this unsync B) bseed is same now and I can go to the next ticks

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by M210: 20 March 2018 - 06:21 AM

User is offline   VGA 

That's some attention to detail!

User is offline   m210® 

View PostVGA, on 20 March 2018 - 06:23 AM, said:

That's some attention to detail!

Yeah, but reversed code helps me with it :)

Share this topic:

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options